User Tag List

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 152

Thread: Is Jesus a demigod?

  1. #76
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    17,580
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 826 Times in 761 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    121116
    Quote Originally Posted by SabathMoon View Post
    We are conceived but not caused directly by God, unlike the angels, Adam, and Jesus Nazereth
    Have you read about adoption?

  2. #77
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,366
    Thanks
    16,738
    Thanked 39,901 Times in 19,918 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SabathMoon View Post
    Exactly, you are confused.
    Says all those who do not know God.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 14th, 2019)

  4. #78
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,284
    Thanks
    1,794
    Thanked 1,769 Times in 1,296 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    523679
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Let's just put aside the fables and Greek mythology, and look at the facts.
    Fables and myths have some basis in fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Yes, the Lord Jesus Christ was fully God before He became flesh and dwelt among us. John 1:1, John 1:14

    No, He did not stop being God when He took on human flesh.
    Emmanuel = God with us.
    He chose to live as a servant...losing none of His Deity.

    No, he did not stop being a man when He was resurrected. He remains God and Man.

    1 Corinthians 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
    Unfortunately for your argument, none of what you are saying is taught by the Bible.
    In fact, most of what you just said here goes against the clear teaching of the Bible.
    The myth that God Himself became Jesus is just that: a myth.
    The reality is that God Himself SENT His Son and that Jesus is the Son of God that was SENT.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  5. #79
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,366
    Thanks
    16,738
    Thanked 39,901 Times in 19,918 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Fables and myths have some basis in fact.


    Unfortunately for your argument, none of what you are saying is taught by the Bible.
    In fact, most of what you just said here goes against the clear teaching of the Bible.
    More claims, but no proof.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 14th, 2019)

  7. #80
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,284
    Thanks
    1,794
    Thanked 1,769 Times in 1,296 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    523679
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    You just claimed He was fully human when He walked among us.
    True, Jesus was 100% human and 0% divine during the incarnation.

    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Our great God came and dwelt among us.

    He spoke as a human being when He spoke of His Father.
    The Bible doesn't teach that.
    The Bible teaches that our great God SENT His Son and that the Son of God put aside His divinity to become human.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

    SabathMoon (February 13th, 2019)

  9. #81
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    964
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 68 Times in 59 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Have you read about adoption?
    I really like this passage in Revelation.

    Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
    ὁ νικῶν κληρονομήσει πάντα καὶ ἔσομαι αὐτῷ θεὸς καὶ αὐτὸς ἔσται μοι ὁ υἱός

    You are still alive, and haven't inherited yet.

  10. #82
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,284
    Thanks
    1,794
    Thanked 1,769 Times in 1,296 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    523679
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    No, I recognize God is Triune in nature, and you don't.
    Since the Bible never teaches anything about God not being singular in nature, you are seeing things that just aren't there.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

    SabathMoon (February 13th, 2019)

  12. #83
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,284
    Thanks
    1,794
    Thanked 1,769 Times in 1,296 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    523679
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    More claims, but no proof.
    That is the entire Trinity doctrine in a nutshell.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

    SabathMoon (February 13th, 2019)

  14. #84
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,366
    Thanks
    16,738
    Thanked 39,901 Times in 19,918 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    True, Jesus was 100% human and 0% divine during the incarnation.
    All humans have a human father and a human mother.

    So your claim is nonsense.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 14th, 2019)

  16. #85
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    17,580
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 826 Times in 761 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    121116
    Quote Originally Posted by SabathMoon View Post
    I really like this passage in Revelation.

    Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
    ὁ νικῶν κληρονομήσει πάντα καὶ ἔσομαι αὐτῷ θεὸς καὶ αὐτὸς ἔσται μοι ὁ υἱός

    You are still alive, and haven't inherited yet.
    Jesus is the only begotten Son of God and I am an adopted son of God. You said that I am not a son of The Most High God. I am.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (February 13th, 2019)

  18. #86
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    964
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 68 Times in 59 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Jesus is the only begotten Son of God and I am an adopted son of God. You said that I am not a son of The Most High God. I am.
    You are not a progeny which this verse emphasizes. But a son of the most high, in effect an angelic being, thou art not.

  19. #87
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,366
    Thanks
    16,738
    Thanked 39,901 Times in 19,918 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Since the Bible never teaches anything about God not being singular in nature, you are seeing things that just aren't there.
    Well, I see our latest Cult follower agrees with you, GO.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 14th, 2019)

  21. #88
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,284
    Thanks
    1,794
    Thanked 1,769 Times in 1,296 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    523679
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Well, I see our latest Cult follower agrees with you, GO.
    There are some damnable heresies that have become the primary doctrines of the mainstream Christian denominations.
    Some of the cults have rejected those damnable heresies but have added their own.
    I try to stay true to what the Bible clearly teaches and don't blindly follow any of the teachings of man that contradict the clear teachings of the Bible, whether it comes from a mainstream Christian denomination or from a cult.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

    SabathMoon (February 13th, 2019)

  23. #89
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,366
    Thanks
    16,738
    Thanked 39,901 Times in 19,918 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    There are some damnable heresies that have become the primary doctrines of the mainstream Christian denominations.
    Some of the cults have rejected those damnable heresies but have added their own.
    I try to stay true to what the Bible clearly teaches and don't blindly follow any of the teachings of man that contradict the clear teachings of the Bible, whether it comes from a mainstream Christian denomination or from a cult.
    Actually, you've found yourself afraid to move in either direction. That's stagnation.

    In other words, you refuse to grow in knowledge and grace.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 14th, 2019)

  25. #90
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,366
    Thanks
    16,738
    Thanked 39,901 Times in 19,918 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Jesus is the only begotten Son of God and I am an adopted son of God. You said that I am not a son of The Most High God. I am.
    Be warned, Jacob.

    Be discerning, because Sabbath Moon is Satan's minister. She is here to lead you astray.

    2 Corinthians 11:13-15
    13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 14th, 2019)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us