User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 133

Thread: Is Jesus a demigod?

  1. #31
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    24,847
    Thanks
    16,306
    Thanked 39,321 Times in 19,580 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147819
    Quote Originally Posted by SabathMoon View Post
    Are the messengers of god, ie. angels and his sons, demigods? They are supernatural to our perception.
    No, they are angels. All things were created by and for the Lord Jesus Christ.

    Speaking of Jesus Christ our Creator.

    Col. 1:15-17 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 14th, 2019)

  3. #32
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    24,847
    Thanks
    16,306
    Thanked 39,321 Times in 19,580 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147819
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Do you believe that Jesus is not the Father?
    Jesus is God.

    Not the Father....the Son.
    Not the Spirit....the Son

    Three in ONE. Triune.

    The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit make up the GODHEAD (one God).



    Like your finger is comprised of three bones. One finger with three bones.

    Clearly, that isn't impossible.
    Look down at your finger and see how those three bones make one finger.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 14th, 2019)

  5. #33
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    17,483
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 813 Times in 749 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    121114
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Jesus is God.

    Not the Father....the Son.
    Not the Spirit....the Son

    Three in ONE. Triune.

    The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit make up the GODHEAD (one God).



    Like your finger is comprised of three bones. One finger with three bones.

    Clearly, that isn't impossible.
    Look down at your finger and see how those three bones make one finger.
    Jesus is not His own Father.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (February 13th, 2019)

  7. #34
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    17,483
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 813 Times in 749 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    121114
    Quote Originally Posted by SabathMoon View Post
    Are the messengers of god, ie. angels and his sons, demigods? They are supernatural to our perception.
    The answer is no.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

  8. #35
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    24,847
    Thanks
    16,306
    Thanked 39,321 Times in 19,580 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147819
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Jesus is not His own Father.
    Oh, did I make it too hard for you?

    The Father is God.
    The Son is God.
    The Holy Spirit is God.

    The Father is not the Son.
    The Son is not the Father.
    The Holy Spirit is not the Father or the Son.

    The three (Father, Son, Spirit) make up ONE GOD.


    Just like there are three bones in just ONE FINGER.

    Look at your finger.
    Is the last bone on your finger the first bone? No, of course not.
    Is the middle bone on your finger the first bone? No, of course not.

    Look at your finger. Your index finger. Father, Son, Spirit....do you see them?

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 14th, 2019)

  10. #36
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    17,483
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 813 Times in 749 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    121114
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Oh, did I make it too hard for you?

    The Father is God.
    The Son is God.
    The Holy Spirit is God.

    The Father is not the Son.
    The Son is not the Father.
    The Holy Spirit is not the Father or the Son.

    The three (Father, Son, Spirit) make up ONE GOD.


    Just like there are three bones in just ONE FINGER.

    Look at your finger.
    Is the last bone on your finger the first bone? No, of course not.
    Is the middle bone on your finger the first bone? No, of course not.

    Look at your finger. Your index finger. Father, Son, Spirit....do you see them?
    Before Jesus was born there was the Holy Spirit.

    God is the Father of Jesus His only begotten Son. God is our Father as well.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (February 13th, 2019)

  12. #37
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    24,847
    Thanks
    16,306
    Thanked 39,321 Times in 19,580 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147819
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Before Jesus was born there was the Holy Spirit.

    God is the Father of Jesus His only begotten Son. God is our Father as well.
    Before Jesus was born, He was with God and was God.

    Did you look at your finger?

    Do you ever plan on listening?

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 14th, 2019)

  14. #38
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    17,483
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 813 Times in 749 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    121114
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Before Jesus was born, He was with God and was God.

    Did you look at your finger?

    Do you ever plan on listening?
    I am sorry if you feel that I am not listening. I am more interested in communicating what I know in response to what you said and in line with what I believe and what I have already said, hoping that you will get it, or rather get what I said or what I am saying.

    By the way, my thumb only has two bones.

    So we have God as Father. And Jesus as (God's) Son.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (February 13th, 2019)

  16. #39
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    24,847
    Thanks
    16,306
    Thanked 39,321 Times in 19,580 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147819
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I am sorry if you feel that I am not listening. I am more interested in communicating what I know in response to what you said and in line with what I believe and what I have already said, hoping that you will get it, or rather get what I said or what I am saying.

    By the way, my thumb only has two bones.

    So we have God as Father. And Jesus as (God's) Son.
    Don't play dumb with me, Jacob. I've known you too long.

    Do you know the difference between your thumb and your finger?

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 14th, 2019)

  18. #40
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    17,483
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 813 Times in 749 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    121114
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Don't play dumb with me, Jacob. I've known you too long.

    Do you know the difference between your thumb and your finger?
    Now you are being silly.

    I am not playing dumb and of course I know the difference between my thumb and fingers.

    Do you recognize God as your father?

  19. #41
    Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,588
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,964 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    604101
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Before Jesus was born there was the Holy Spirit.
    There has never been a time Jesus did not exist..Jesus is His incarnation name.
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to drbrumley For Your Post:

    glorydaz (February 13th, 2019)

  21. #42
    Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,588
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,964 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    604101
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post


    Do you recognize God as your father?
    1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, 2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? 3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.*
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to drbrumley For Your Post:

    glorydaz (February 13th, 2019)

  23. #43
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    17,483
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 813 Times in 749 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    121114
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    There has never been a time Jesus did not exist..Jesus is His incarnation name.
    Time is a very funny thing, a thing you cannot see. Or feel or taste or touch or smell, time is a mystery. :music:
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, 2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? 3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.*

  24. #44
    Rookie DarkAsylum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    5653
    JESUS IS GOD ...HE IS THE HOLY SPIRIT ...HE IS CHRIST
    HE IS LORD

  25. #45
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    17,483
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 813 Times in 749 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    121114
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAsylum View Post
    JESUS IS GOD ...HE IS THE HOLY SPIRIT ...HE IS CHRIST
    HE IS LORD
    No

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us