User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Philosophy and Theology. Life Purpose. Meaning. Morality. Destiny.

Thanks

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    I believe that the purpose of life is The Testimony of Jesus which is: The Spirit of Prophecy. We are to covet to prophesy. To prophesy is to answer life's highest calling (IMHO) and the way one reaches this conclusion is a matter of personal philosophy and theology and we share our thoughts and feelings with others through our theology and philosophy but The Kingdom of Heaven is shared best through prophecy.

Sounds good.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

Thanks

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh, and the answer is: 42.
    The answer to what? What is the question?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    The answer to what? What is the question?
    The answer to 'the question about life, the universe and everything' which was a long-standing joke on the TV show: "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." The people on the cerebral planet where deep thought was the object of every citizen built a huge super-computer they named: "Deep Thought," to give them the answer. It announce that it would take some time to arrive at the answer. Something like 25,000 years later it answered: "42." They asked 42?!? What's that? Deep Thought answered, "That's the answer you asked for, about life, the universe and everything." They then asked, "What's the question?" Deep Thought replied: "That will take some time." A pair of pan-dimensional mice then commissioned the Earth to be built in order to discern what 'The Question,' would be. When the Vogons demolished earth to build a hyper-space bypass there were only two earthlings left, which were the subjects of the TV series.
    "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." -- Amos 3:7

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aimiel For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (January 12th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The answer to 'the question about life, the universe and everything' which was a long-standing joke on the TV show: "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." The people on the cerebral planet where deep thought was the object of every citizen built a huge super-computer they named: "Deep Thought," to give them the answer. It announce that it would take some time to arrive at the answer. Something like 25,000 years later it answered: "42." They asked 42?!? What's that? Deep Thought answered, "That's the answer you asked for, about life, the universe and everything." They then asked, "What's the question?" Deep Thought replied: "That will take some time." A pair of pan-dimensional mice then commissioned the Earth to be built in order to discern what 'The Question,' would be. When the Vogons demolished earth to build a hyper-space bypass there were only two earthlings left, which were the subjects of the TV series.
    Oh. Okay. Interesting.

Well, you possess the knowledge of this.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The TV series, even with cheap props, poor acting and worse directing was FAR better than the movie.
    "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." -- Amos 3:7

Thanks

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The TV series, even with cheap props, poor acting and worse directing was FAR better than the movie.
    Wow.

It sounds like it was something that interested you.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the book by Douglas Adams after watching the TV series on public TV. "Don't panic!" and a huge hand with a thumb sticking out is printed on the cover.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Aimiel For Your Post:

Clete (January 13th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I read the book by Douglas Adams after watching the TV series on public TV. "Don't panic!" and a huge hand with a thumb sticking out is printed on the cover.
    Oh!

Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,274 Times in 3,320 Posts

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brilliantly funny T.V. series. A total 80s classic and the books were even funnier!

You're totally right about it being far funnier than the movie. The movie was so bad it made me angry.

I forget the exact plot line but I seem to remember that the transdimentional beings, who take on the form of mice, decided arbitrarily to say that "42" was the answer to the question, "How many roads must a man walk down."

"The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

Aimiel (January 13th, 2019)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,414 Times in 5,541 Posts

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    Brilliantly funny T.V. series. A total 80s classic and the books were even funnier!

You're totally right about it being far funnier than the movie. The movie was so bad it made me angry.

I forget the exact plot line but I seem to remember that the transdimentional beings, who take on the form of mice, decided arbitrarily to say that "42" was the answer to the question, "How many roads must a man walk down."
    i watched it a bit, before I had read the books - Dr Who was popular back then too - the Tom Baker Dr Who - never really connected with the series (HGTTG) - loved the book when i read it later

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

Clete (January 14th, 2019)

Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,309 Times in 4,648 Posts

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    i watched it a bit, before I had read the books - Dr Who was popular back then too - the Tom Baker Dr Who - never really connected with the series (HGTTG) - loved the book when i read it later
    Doctor Who is still running.

But they (IMHO) ruined it by having him regenerate into a woman. So yeah...

The LGBT culture has invaded one of my favorite shows.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,414 Times in 5,541 Posts

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    watched the remake of blade runner last night/this morning - the 2017 version - slow in parts and very atmospheric, it's still a good watch

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    As for life's meaning, I think it can be boiled down to four words, "Not I but Christ."

Galatians 2: 20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

“The Proper Attitude of Man Under Grace:

“To believe, and to consent to be loved while unworthy, is the great secret.
    “To refuse to make ‘resolutions’ and ‘vows’; for that is to trust in the flesh.
    “To expect to be blessed, though realizing more and more lack of worth…
    “To rely on God’s chastening [child training] hand as a mark of His kindness…

“Things Which Gracious Souls Discover:

“To ‘hope to be better’ [hence acceptable] is to fail to see yourself in Christ only.
    “To be disappointed with yourself, is to have believed in yourself.
    “To be discouraged is unbelief,—as to God’s purpose and plan of blessing for you.
    “To be proud, is to be blind! For we have no standing before God, in ourselves.
    “The lack of Divine blessing, therefore, comes from unbelief, and not from failure of devotion…
    “To preach devotion first, and blessing second, is to reverse God’s order, and preach law, not grace. The Law made man’s blessing depend on devotion; Grace confers undeserved, unconditional blessing: our devotion may follow, but does not always do so,—in proper measure.” - Romans: Verse by Verse by Wm. R. Newell
    I agree. If the Lord Jesus Christ is as the Church believes and teaches the King of the universe, then that dictates everything else about the meaning of life; it is all in the context of Him being the King of the universe.
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

@Nee_Nihilo

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the angle in degrees that causes rainbows. God invented rainbows in Genesis 9:12-17 KJV.
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

@Nee_Nihilo

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Idolater For Your Post:

Aimiel (January 14th, 2019)

Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,274 Times in 3,320 Posts

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Doctor Who is still running.

But they (IMHO) ruined it by having him regenerate into a woman. So yeah...

The LGBT culture has invaded one of my favorite shows.
    I stopped watching Dr. Who shortly after David Tennant's stint as the Dr. It got to where I couldn't make it through an episode without wanting to throw up. It's just a total fag fest now.

"The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (January 14th, 2019)

Thread Information