User Tag List

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 177

Thread: The Day Of Rest

  1. #76
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,574
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 464 Times in 426 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    5822
    Quote Originally Posted by bibleverse2 View Post
    Amen.

    Hebrews 8:6 ¶But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
    Indeed...and yet Paul is clear that these shadows “ARE” and not “were” of better things to come...

    Paul knew as it says in Heb 10:1

    “The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming--not the realities themselves...”

    ...is why Peter preached there is NO DISTINCTION made by Yah between those myriads of believing jews STILL zealous for the Law and the goyim crowding the synagogues to hear Moses preached and read every Sabbath in every city...

    Just like when the church was in the wilderness and He was already its head...and His ONE LAW was for both native and goyim alike

    Let no man BTW judge you your keeping of these shadows BUT the body of Christ.

    https://www.cogwriter.com/news/churc...cal-holy-days/

  2. #77
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,870
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 583 Times in 527 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Jesus' Word, words, and doctrine or teaching.
    I said
    They are salvation.

    [1Co 4:6
    [6] Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

    [Rev 22:18-19
    [18] For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
    [19] and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

  3. #78
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    17,482
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 813 Times in 749 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    121114
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    They are salvation.

    [1Co 4:6
    [6] Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

    [Rev 22:18-19
    [18] For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
    [19] and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.
    It is important to know when you are helping or hurting. To help someone to come into truth or to come to know the truth is beneficial.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For Your Post:

    ok doser (January 14th, 2019)

  5. #79
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,870
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 583 Times in 527 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    It is important to know when you are helping or hurting. To help someone to come into truth or to come to know the truth is beneficial.
    I said
    It doesnt work like that. A born again Christian can only plant seeds.

    [1Co 3:5-11
    [5] Who then is Paul, and who [is] Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?
    [6] I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
    [7] So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
    [8] Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
    [9] For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, [you are] God's building.
    [10] According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.
    [11] For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

  6. #80
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    17,482
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 813 Times in 749 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    121114
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    It doesnt work like that. A born again Christian can only plant seeds.

    [1Co 3:5-11
    [5] Who then is Paul, and who [is] Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?
    [6] I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
    [7] So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
    [8] Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
    [9] For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, [you are] God's building.
    [10] According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.
    [11] For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
    The reason two people would be equal is first because they are both born again.

  7. #81
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,870
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 583 Times in 527 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    The reason two people would be equal is first because they are both born again.
    I said
    Not unless they were both born again at the same time. Because once one is born again they start learning even more.

  8. #82
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    17,482
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 813 Times in 749 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    121114
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    Not unless they were both born again at the same time. Because once one is born again they start learning even more.
    That makes sense except for the knowledge that a person already has. More knowledge does not equate to a better born again experience.

  9. #83
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,870
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 583 Times in 527 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    That makes sense except for the knowledge that a person already has. More knowledge does not equate to a better born again experience.
    I said
    Depends on whether its carnal knowledge or spiritual knowledge.To even get spiritual knowledge one must purge their carnal knowledge.

    [1Co 5:7
    [7] Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.

  10. #84
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    17,482
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 813 Times in 749 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    121114
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    Depends on whether its carnal knowledge or spiritual knowledge.To even get spiritual knowledge one must purge their carnal knowledge.

    [1Co 5:7
    [7] Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.
    Is there knowledge that one obtains through being born again? It seems that no other knowledge would make sense.

  11. #85
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,870
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 583 Times in 527 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Is there knowledge that one obtains through being born again? It seems that no other knowledge would make sense.
    I said
    There are two kinds of knowledge carnal and spiritual. Most people dont know the difference. But we are speaking carnally right now. Spiritual knowledge is with the verses. When you can understand these revelations that I post you will be going into spiritual knowledge.

  12. #86
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    17,482
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 813 Times in 749 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    121114
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    There are two kinds of knowledge carnal and spiritual. Most people dont know the difference. But we are speaking carnally right now. Spiritual knowledge is with the verses. When you can understand these revelations that I post you will be going into spiritual knowledge.
    A person who is born again is born of the Spirit of God. Some knowledge comes first, some knowledge comes after. Knowledge of spiritual things. Spiritual knowledge.

  13. #87
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,870
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 583 Times in 527 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    A person who is born again is born of the Spirit of God. Some knowledge comes first, some knowledge comes after. Knowledge of spiritual things. Spiritual knowledge.
    I said
    This is born again of the Spirit.

    BORN AGAIN OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

    John 3:3-6
    3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
    4 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"
    5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
    6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
    Mark 2:22
    22 "And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But new wine must be put into new wineskins."
    Eph 5:11-17
    11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.
    12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.
    13 But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
    14 Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, arise from the dead, and Christ will give you light."
    15 See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise,
    16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
    17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
    1 Pet 5:10-11
    10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
    11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
    Gal 2:20
    20 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
    John 3:7-8
    7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
    8 "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."
    Luke 5:36-39
    36 Then He spoke a parable to them: "No one puts a piece from a new garment on an old one; otherwise the new makes a tear, and also the piece that was taken out of the new does not match the old.
    37 "And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine will burst the wineskins and be spilled, and the wineskins will be ruined.
    38 "But new wine must be put into new wineskins, and both are preserved.
    39 "And no one, having drunk old wine, immediately desires new; for he says, 'The old is better.'"
    1 Cor 15:1-3
    1 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
    2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you-- unless you believed in vain.
    3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
    Rom 6:8-10
    8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,
    9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him.
    10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.
    2 Cor 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
    4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
    5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
    Heb 5:12-14
    12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
    13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
    14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
    Heb 5:8-9
    8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.
    9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,
    John 16:21-22
    21 "A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
    22 "Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.
    Matt 8:11-12
    11 "And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.
    12 "But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
    James 1:22-25
    22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
    23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;
    24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
    25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
    II Jn 1:9-11
    9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
    10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
    11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
    John 15:5-7
    5 "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
    6 "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
    7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
    I Jn 2:6
    6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.
    John 8:29
    29 "And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him."
    John 7:38-39
    38 "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."
    39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
    John 8:28
    28 Then Jesus said to them, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things.
    John 16:5
    5 "But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, 'Where are You going?'
    John 16:7
    7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
    John 14:26
    26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
    Gal 5:24-25
    24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
    25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
    2 Cor 10:4-5
    4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
    5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
    John 3:3
    3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
    John 3:5-7
    5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
    6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
    7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
    Matt 12:34
    34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
    Matt 12:36-37
    36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
    37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
    John 3:34
    34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
    John 3:33
    33 "He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true.
    Heb 12:24-25
    24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.
    25 See that you do not refuse Him who speaks. For if they did not escape who refused Him who spoke on earth, much more shall we not escape if we turn away from Him who speaks from heaven,
    Heb 7:22
    22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.
    Heb 8:13
    13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
    Matt 25:34
    34 "Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

    xxxx Born again means to die first to something. And that something is the carnality. And be born again to something else. And that something else is the Holy Spirit that only quotes new testament verses. He will guide you with one verse at a time in the meat to crucify all your emotions. Then when you start getting lots of verses Which are the revelations of Jesus Christ. Which I am showing the revelations I received.

    Col 3:3
    3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
    (NKJ)

    1 Pet 4:1-4

    1 Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
    2 that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.
    3 For we have spent enough of our past lifetime in doing the will of the Gentiles-- when we walked in lewdness, lusts, drunkenness, revelries, drinking parties, and abominable idolatries.
    4 In regard to these, they think it strange that you do not run with them in the same flood of dissipation, speaking evil of you.
    (NKJ)

    John 1:12-13
    12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
    13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
    (NKJ)

    Eph 2:1

    1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,
    (NKJ)

    Eph 2:4-6
    4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
    5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
    6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
    (NKJ)


    Heb 10:38-39
    38 Now the just shall live by faith; but if anyone draws back, my soul has no pleasure in him."
    39 But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.
    (NKJ)

    John 16:21-22
    21 "A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
    22 "Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.
    (NKJ)


    2 Cor 4:16-18
    16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.
    17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,
    18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
    (NKJ)

    I Jn 3:14
    14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death.
    (NKJ)

    xxxBorn of water is our water baptism symbolic of what the Spirit is going to do to us on the inside. Wash away all our sins. Born of the Spirit is being trained by the Holy Spirit to purge our carnality and emotions.


    Rev 21:5
    5 Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful."
    (NKJ)

    Mark 2:21-22
    21 "No one sews a piece of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; or else the new piece pulls away from the old, and the tear is made worse.
    22 "And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But new wine must be put into new wineskins."
    (NKJ)

    1 Pet 2:4
    4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious,
    (NKJ)

    Gal 4:29
    29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
    (NKJ)


    Rom 12:2
    2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
    (NKJ)

    Rom 4:17
    17 (as it is written, "I have made you a father of many nations") in the presence of Him whom he believed-- God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did;
    (NKJ)

    Go To New Man And New Wine


    Eph 4:17-32
    17 This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind,
    18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the hardening of their heart;
    19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
    20 But you have not so learned Christ,
    21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
    22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts,
    23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
    24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.
    25 Therefore, putting away lying, "Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor," for we are members of one another.
    26 "Be angry, and do not sin": do not let the sun go down on your wrath,
    27 nor give place to the devil.
    28 Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need.
    29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.
    30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
    31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
    32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.
    (NKJ)
    RO 6
    22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.
    23 For the wages of sin [is] death, but the gift of God [is] eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

  14. #88
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    17,482
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 813 Times in 749 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    121114
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    This is born again of the Spirit.

    BORN AGAIN OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

    John 3:3-6
    3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
    4 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"
    5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
    6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
    Mark 2:22
    22 "And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But new wine must be put into new wineskins."
    Eph 5:11-17
    11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.
    12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.
    13 But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
    14 Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, arise from the dead, and Christ will give you light."
    15 See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise,
    16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
    17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
    1 Pet 5:10-11
    10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
    11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
    Gal 2:20
    20 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
    John 3:7-8
    7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
    8 "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."
    Luke 5:36-39
    36 Then He spoke a parable to them: "No one puts a piece from a new garment on an old one; otherwise the new makes a tear, and also the piece that was taken out of the new does not match the old.
    37 "And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine will burst the wineskins and be spilled, and the wineskins will be ruined.
    38 "But new wine must be put into new wineskins, and both are preserved.
    39 "And no one, having drunk old wine, immediately desires new; for he says, 'The old is better.'"
    1 Cor 15:1-3
    1 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
    2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you-- unless you believed in vain.
    3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
    Rom 6:8-10
    8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,
    9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him.
    10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.
    2 Cor 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
    4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
    5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
    Heb 5:12-14
    12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
    13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
    14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
    Heb 5:8-9
    8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.
    9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,
    John 16:21-22
    21 "A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
    22 "Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.
    Matt 8:11-12
    11 "And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.
    12 "But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
    James 1:22-25
    22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
    23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;
    24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
    25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
    II Jn 1:9-11
    9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
    10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
    11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
    John 15:5-7
    5 "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
    6 "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
    7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
    I Jn 2:6
    6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.
    John 8:29
    29 "And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him."
    John 7:38-39
    38 "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."
    39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
    John 8:28
    28 Then Jesus said to them, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things.
    John 16:5
    5 "But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, 'Where are You going?'
    John 16:7
    7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
    John 14:26
    26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
    Gal 5:24-25
    24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
    25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
    2 Cor 10:4-5
    4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
    5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
    John 3:3
    3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
    John 3:5-7
    5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
    6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
    7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
    Matt 12:34
    34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
    Matt 12:36-37
    36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
    37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
    John 3:34
    34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
    John 3:33
    33 "He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true.
    Heb 12:24-25
    24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.
    25 See that you do not refuse Him who speaks. For if they did not escape who refused Him who spoke on earth, much more shall we not escape if we turn away from Him who speaks from heaven,
    Heb 7:22
    22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.
    Heb 8:13
    13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
    Matt 25:34
    34 "Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

    xxxx Born again means to die first to something. And that something is the carnality. And be born again to something else. And that something else is the Holy Spirit that only quotes new testament verses. He will guide you with one verse at a time in the meat to crucify all your emotions. Then when you start getting lots of verses Which are the revelations of Jesus Christ. Which I am showing the revelations I received.

    Col 3:3
    3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
    (NKJ)

    1 Pet 4:1-4

    1 Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
    2 that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.
    3 For we have spent enough of our past lifetime in doing the will of the Gentiles-- when we walked in lewdness, lusts, drunkenness, revelries, drinking parties, and abominable idolatries.
    4 In regard to these, they think it strange that you do not run with them in the same flood of dissipation, speaking evil of you.
    (NKJ)

    John 1:12-13
    12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
    13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
    (NKJ)

    Eph 2:1

    1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,
    (NKJ)

    Eph 2:4-6
    4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
    5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
    6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
    (NKJ)


    Heb 10:38-39
    38 Now the just shall live by faith; but if anyone draws back, my soul has no pleasure in him."
    39 But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.
    (NKJ)

    John 16:21-22
    21 "A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
    22 "Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.
    (NKJ)


    2 Cor 4:16-18
    16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.
    17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,
    18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
    (NKJ)

    I Jn 3:14
    14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death.
    (NKJ)

    xxxBorn of water is our water baptism symbolic of what the Spirit is going to do to us on the inside. Wash away all our sins. Born of the Spirit is being trained by the Holy Spirit to purge our carnality and emotions.


    Rev 21:5
    5 Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful."
    (NKJ)

    Mark 2:21-22
    21 "No one sews a piece of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; or else the new piece pulls away from the old, and the tear is made worse.
    22 "And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But new wine must be put into new wineskins."
    (NKJ)

    1 Pet 2:4
    4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious,
    (NKJ)

    Gal 4:29
    29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
    (NKJ)


    Rom 12:2
    2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
    (NKJ)

    Rom 4:17
    17 (as it is written, "I have made you a father of many nations") in the presence of Him whom he believed-- God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did;
    (NKJ)

    Go To New Man And New Wine


    Eph 4:17-32
    17 This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind,
    18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the hardening of their heart;
    19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
    20 But you have not so learned Christ,
    21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
    22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts,
    23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
    24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.
    25 Therefore, putting away lying, "Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor," for we are members of one another.
    26 "Be angry, and do not sin": do not let the sun go down on your wrath,
    27 nor give place to the devil.
    28 Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need.
    29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.
    30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
    31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
    32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.
    (NKJ)
    RO 6
    22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.
    23 For the wages of sin [is] death, but the gift of God [is] eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    People often mistake scripture as about being born again when it is not.

  15. #89
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,870
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 583 Times in 527 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    People often mistake scripture as about being born again when it is not.
    I said
    lol Yes it is. Now if you have some other kind of evidence show it to me.

  16. #90
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    17,482
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 813 Times in 749 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    121114
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    lol Yes it is. Now if you have some other kind of evidence show it to me.
    Is new wine skins about the new covenant, the new birth, or being born again?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us