User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 83

Thread: Dispensationalism

  1. #46
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3683
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    So what's the problem then?
    oh nothing...move along then...nothing for you to see here..

    I'm not Jewish.
    you’re not following Him either then...

    prolly think marriage is jewish...just for jews...as it too was instituted the same time Sabbath was...

    I know right?

    Tell it to these guys:

    “Ecological conversion also means dealing with time differently, both as an individual and as a society. We need to rediscover the “rhythm of time the alternation between work and rest with Sunday as the commonly shared weekly day of rest.”
    https://www.timesofmalta.com/article...on-home.594237

    http://www.comece.eu/european-day-fo...all-for-action

    Because

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44424572

  2. #47
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3683
    Matt 23:13 “Woe to you...You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to”

  3. #48
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,131
    Thanks
    542
    Thanked 12,991 Times in 9,134 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147853
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    oh nothing...move along then...nothing for you to see here..
    Hold on a minute, sunshine. You made an accusation of all Christians in general, which implicates me. I do not believe as you characterized them to. So either come up with some names or retract the accusation.

    Move along.

    "Do you know who I am?"

    You’re not following Him either then...


    Because I'm not Jewish (that I know of)?

    prolly think marriage is jewish...just for jews...as it too was instituted the same time Sabbath was...
    We have laws regarding marriage in my country.

    They say "one man and one woman."
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    glorydaz (January 11th, 2019),JudgeRightly (January 11th, 2019)

  5. #49
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3683
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Hold on a minute, sunshine.
    oh you are fun...

    You made an accusation of all Christians in general, which implicates me. I do not believe as you characterized them to. So either come up with some names or retract the accusation.
    You said yourself He didnt overturn the law...and yet

    Move along.

    "Do you know who I am?"
    yes...not a follower of Him His way...



    Because I'm not Jewish (that I know of)?
    He said it Himself...Sabbath was made for MAN...so not just for jews...

    You a man?

    We have laws regarding marriage in my country.
    Your state came up with marriage?

    so you married just in the eyes of the state? And just because of its laws regarding marriage?

    Maybe you reject woman? They were made for man too...

    They say "one man and one woman."
    maybe you not marry then...

  6. #50
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,131
    Thanks
    542
    Thanked 12,991 Times in 9,134 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147853
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    oh you are fun...


    You said yourself He didnt overturn the law...and yet
    Perhaps we are talking past each other. What do you mean when you speak of the law?

    yes...not a follower of Him His way...
    Why would you say something like that?
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    glorydaz (January 11th, 2019),JudgeRightly (January 11th, 2019)

  8. #51
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3683
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post


    Perhaps we are talking past each other. What do you mean when you speak of the law?
    Perhaps...

    what I speak of is what life was like before Eve disobeyed...

    Describe for me that life and I will show you the life it will be again when it is on earth as it is in heaven...finally and again...an obedient life...obedient to His Eternal Law

    Why would you say something like that?
    Cuz I suspect you aren’t living AS HE did...loving as He loved...keeping 10/10...

    Just checking your fruits to reveal their roots...

    Maybe I am wrong...wouldn’t be the first or last time...ha

  9. #52
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,131
    Thanks
    542
    Thanked 12,991 Times in 9,134 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147853
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Perhaps...

    what I speak of is what life was like before Eve disobeyed...
    There was law before sin.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    glorydaz (January 11th, 2019),JudgeRightly (January 11th, 2019)

  11. #53
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,131
    Thanks
    542
    Thanked 12,991 Times in 9,134 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147853
    I define the law as those things that are not contrary to God's will.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (January 14th, 2019),glorydaz (January 11th, 2019),Jacob (January 11th, 2019),JudgeRightly (January 11th, 2019)

  13. #54
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3683
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    There was law before sin.
    Sure and of course...is why I asked you to describe that life and you would see which laws were being kept...duh


    but it was revealed when there was sin...to point it out

    One law was dont eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil...and well pow now they got kicked out...

    Then more and more Laws were revealed...Abel sacrificed and was accepted...Cain murdered him...Noah was found blameless against what standard?...Abraham obeyed charge commandments statutes Laws...did those Laws vary fo contrary divide the house from later laws?...Joseph rejecting Potiphar’s wife refused to SIN against His God...

    So we agree His Laws are eternal...so...which ones and do any contradict or replace or cancel another?

    Was there a time adultery was ok? And then not? How about worshipping another god?

    Did some keep one day and others rest another day?...or is it ONE LAW for native and foreigner alike...

  14. #55
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3683
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    I define the law as those things that are not contrary to God's will.
    So you keep the seventh day Sabbath or is that the only 1 of the 10 that is for jews...despite clear instruction it is actually the only one which includes the strangers...the irony

    His will includes you eat only clean meat...as was affirmed by the Jerusalem council which James concluded that there were 4 things expected of the crowding goyim to hear Moses read in every city on EVERY SABBATH...so I guess that’s 5 things...nothing there about meeting the next day their “Lord’s Day” or wed night prayer meetings on mars hill...of these 3 dealt with dietary kosher laws...goyim needed reminding that improper killing or NOT DRAINING the blood made even clean meat UNCLEAN...as did offering clean meet to an ikon

    As false worship and unclean lifestyle is being contrary to God’s will ya dig?

  15. #56
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    10,027
    Thanks
    34,006
    Thanked 8,559 Times in 5,491 Posts

    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147638
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    So you keep the seventh day Sabbath or is that the only 1 of the 10 that is for jews...despite clear instruction it is actually the only one which includes the strangers...the irony

    His will includes you eat only clean meat...as was affirmed by the Jerusalem council which James concluded that there were 4 things expected of the crowding goyim to hear Moses read in every city on EVERY SABBATH...so I guess thatís 5 things...nothing there about meeting the next day their ďLordís DayĒ or wed night prayer meetings on mars hill...of these 3 dealt with dietary kosher laws...goyim needed reminding that improper killing or NOT DRAINING the blood made even clean meat UNCLEAN...as did offering clean meet to an ikon

    As false worship and unclean lifestyle is being contrary to Godís will ya dig?
    So, then, how do you explain Paul saying that it's ok to eat meat sacrificed to idols, which is "unclean"?

    Now concerning things offered to idols: We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies.And if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know.But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one.For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled.But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse.But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak.For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idolís temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols?And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?But when you thus sin against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ.Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble. - 1 Corinthians 8:1-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...3&version=NKJV

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    steko (January 11th, 2019)

  17. #57
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3683
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    So, then, how do you explain Paul saying that it's ok to eat meat sacrificed to idols, which is "unclean"?

    Now concerning things offered to idols: We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies.And if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know.But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one.For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled.But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse.But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak.For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol’s temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols?And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?But when you thus sin against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ.Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble. - 1 Corinthians 8:1-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...3&version=NKJV
    Wow just wow...your rebellious heart is in full and constant display...with disciples like these...Judas at least knew Who to kiss not sure you would recognize Him...

    Or maybe you would because He would NOT cause the weaker faith to stumble...NOT do ANYTHING that might cause the “WHATEVER” or “DO WHAT THOU WHILST” mentality yours already has...

    Paul would refrain from even eating meat if necessary NOT to make a brother stumble but you and yours in here are going to claim Sunday Ham is ok...does FAITH make void the LAW? CERTAINLY NOT

    Paul is clear...1 Cor 10:28 But if someone says to you “this has been offered in sacrifice” then do not eat it, for the sake of the one who informed you, AND FOR THE SAKE OF CONSCIENCE...NOT YOURS...HIS...Paul concludes give no offense...

    Bro please...your friend is alcoholic and struggling with his AA...you gonna take him to a pub?

    Paul also didnt specify that this was a new norm or standard as 1 Cor 5:11...if he is a brother and wicked dont even eat with him...but put away yourselves...

    Don’t judge unbelievers or the world but believers who claim to be followers and disciples of Him HIS WAY but then post on and on ad nauseam about “LAW ABOLISHED....DO WHAT THOU WHILST WE FREE”...those we do judge...

    remember? let no one judge you your sabbath keeping but the BOC...(body of Christ)

    Your idea of fellowship or hospitality of these CIVILIZED and CULTURED people is horribly warped...

    You think a Demetrius would run into a synagogue with swine meat for a potluck meal after hearing about Moses and One resurrected on a Sabbath?

    Or how about if Demetrius invited a Moishe to lunch with him...you think he would prepare pork chops? People, believe it or not, are by in large civil and good hosts...sensitive to their visitors needs and desires...

    Paul makes clear 1 Cor 10:27 if an unbeliever invites you to dinner AND YOU DESIRE TO GO...well do you really think anyone would desire to go to a place where the host WISHED YOU TO GO TO HELL or MESS YOU UP...I kindly refuse frat parties invites for that reason

    Of course even an unbeliever would change the menu for one he invited...he would NOT serve PORK to a believer as fellowship is grown in good spirit and trust...

    Again imagine inviting a friend to a beer pong party...but he is an alcoholic ...would you plow him with drinks? Really mess him up for laughs? Why would he desire to accept your invite...

    Or how about food allergy or diabetic...

    “Let’s stuff little Jimmie with shell fish because he is allergic! HAHAHA”...wow...seriously?

    But no over and over again with your type...you rebellious stiffnecked uncircumcised hearts...”what about this...or what about that...so ummm how do you explain this then”

    ONLY FELLOW CHRISTIANS CHALLENGE ME...I am invited to pagans or Buddhists or muslims or even jews they make NO FUSS about my dietary beliefs...but around christians its...but but but Paul said so...and MUH tradition fuh fuh fuh

    Christians claim to be disciples and follow Him HIS WAY...they are adamant they wish to be MMORE LIKE HIM and even ask “WWJD?” everything...But wow DON’T they ever...


    Give NO OFFENSE...even pagan civility is easy hospitable and forgiving...NOT being a stumbling block is eternal

    FLEE EVIL...idolatry or immorality or impurity...

    It’s not what goes into a man that makes him impure it is that inside he already is impure if he permits that which is unclean inside...or desires that invite that makes him impure...

    Shall the weaker brother perish on account of my fleshy appetites? The more ignorant poster cuz I wanna fit in?

    No...I say flee evil...wear running shoes...but not Nikes those Nicolaitans He hates...LOL
    Last edited by clefty; January 11th, 2019 at 10:52 PM.

  18. #58
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi Stripe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    There was law before sin.
    Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law:
    for sin is the transgression of the law.

    1 John 3:4

  19. #59
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,131
    Thanks
    542
    Thanked 12,991 Times in 9,134 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147853
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Sure and of course...is why I asked you to describe that life and you would see which laws were being kept...duh


    but it was revealed when there was sin...to point it out

    One law was dont eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil...and well pow now they got kicked out...

    Then more and more Laws were revealed...Abel sacrificed and was accepted...Cain murdered him...Noah was found blameless against what standard?...Abraham obeyed charge commandments statutes Laws...did those Laws vary fo contrary divide the house from later laws?...Joseph rejecting Potiphar’s wife refused to SIN against His God...

    So we agree His Laws are eternal...so...which ones and do any contradict or replace or cancel another?

    Was there a time adultery was ok? And then not? How about worshipping another god?

    Did some keep one day and others rest another day?...or is it ONE LAW for native and foreigner alike...
    I don't know what you'r talking about anymore.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  20. #60
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,131
    Thanks
    542
    Thanked 12,991 Times in 9,134 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147853
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    So you keep the seventh day Sabbath or is that the only 1 of the 10 that is for jews...despite clear instruction it is actually the only one which includes the strangers...the irony

    His will includes you eat only clean meat...as was affirmed by the Jerusalem council which James concluded that there were 4 things expected of the crowding goyim to hear Moses read in every city on EVERY SABBATH...so I guess that’s 5 things...nothing there about meeting the next day their “Lord’s Day” or wed night prayer meetings on mars hill...of these 3 dealt with dietary kosher laws...goyim needed reminding that improper killing or NOT DRAINING the blood made even clean meat UNCLEAN...as did offering clean meet to an ikon

    As false worship and unclean lifestyle is being contrary to God’s will ya dig?
    The rules can change.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us