Thread: Sabbath

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    They were being judged for keeping the Sabbath and festivals and such...

LOL...Nobody would even care if they were NOT keeping the Sabbath IF the Law was changed...
    I said
    The law was changed.

[Heb 7:12, 18
    [12] For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...
    [18] For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    The law was changed.

[Heb 7:12, 18
    [12] For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...
    [18] For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
    Yup...from one administration to another...

Is why no one should judge the goyim for keeping it...

Nobody would even care if they were NOT keeping the Sabbath IF the Law was changed to not keeping it...

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup...from one administration to another...

Is why no one should judge the goyim for keeping it...

Nobody would even care if they were NOT keeping the Sabbath IF the Law was changed to not keeping it...
    I said
    Keep it, dont keep it God gives us a choice. Just dont let one judge the other.

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said
    Keep it, dont keep it God gives us a choice. Just dont let one judge the other.
    Nope. The commandment remains...work six days rest the seventh...IT is holy sanctified and a memorial to creation and salvation...not like every other day...

Sabbath is His sign for His people...it remains Heb 4:9...made for man...you a man?

Pray the Sabbath be kept in future times of trouble He instructed knowing full well both Winters and Sabbaths would continue into the future...

As for judging...we are to judge...we are judges and especially of others who CLAIM they know Yah and claim the promises to those who obey...

Here is some reading...prolly you gonna skip it...but all your fans following your might be interested:

https://www.cogwriter.com/news/churc...cal-holy-days/

“do not let those outside the body of Christ (the church, Colossians 1:18) judge you regarding holy days, but only the church itself. Colossians 2:16-17 is not saying that the holy days are done away.”

So only the body of Christ is to judge THEIR KEEPING OF THE SABBATH...the IRONY...

As nobody would even care if they were NOT keeping the Sabbath IF the Law was changed to not keeping it...or not applying to them...

That should make some MAD exactly that...

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. The commandment remains...work six days rest the seventh...IT is holy sanctified and a memorial to creation and salvation...not like every other day...

Sabbath is His sign for His people...it remains Heb 4:9...made for man...you a man?

Pray the Sabbath be kept in future times of trouble He instructed knowing full well both Winters and Sabbaths would continue into the future...

As for judging...we are to judge...we are judges and especially of others who CLAIM they know Yah and claim the promises to those who obey...

Here is some reading...prolly you gonna skip it...but all your fans following your might be interested:

https://www.cogwriter.com/news/churc...cal-holy-days/

“do not let those outside the body of Christ (the church, Colossians 1:18) judge you regarding holy days, but only the church itself. Colossians 2:16-17 is not saying that the holy days are done away.”

So only the body of Christ is to judge THEIR KEEPING OF THE SABBATH...the IRONY...

As nobody would even care if they were NOT keeping the Sabbath IF the Law was changed to not keeping it...or not applying to them...

That should make some MAD exactly that...
    I said
    lol Read the OP Jesus has already judged it.

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said
    lol Read the OP Jesus has already judged it.
    And He affirms it remains for man...not just jews...and will continue into the future just like winters...

You a man? Is it winter?

It remains Heb 4:9 for His people

Let only the Body of Christ judge your keeping of it...

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And He affirms it remains for man...not just jews...and will continue into the future just like winters...

You a man? Is it winter?

It remains Heb 4:9 for His people

Let only the Body of Christ judge your keeping of it...

I said
    Look no evidence no proof, no revelations, only your own opinion. Its ok with me if you keep the Sabbath. If you want to worship one day a week thats ok. I'm going with the worship 7 days a week. Let it go you havent got anything to stand on.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NEW TESTAMENT
    Mark 2:27-28
    27 And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.
    28 "Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."
    So tell me Squeaky, Jesus said He made the sabbath day rest for man. Why would man change that day of rest to another day?

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DansingWall View Post
    So tell me Squeaky, Jesus said He made the sabbath day rest for man. Why would man change that day of rest to another day?
    I said
    The Sabbath is a day or worship. Not the day of rest. I will put up a revelations on the day of rest. Some people worship one day a week. Others worship every day of the week. Jesus gave us the choice. And He said dont let one judge the other.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why isnt the supposed change of Gods 4th commandment discussed anywhere? All through the new testament circumcision is discussed frequently. The whole book of Galatians is about whether they needed to be circumsized or not. The Jews couldnt handle the change. Could you imagine how many discussions there would be if they were told they need not keep the 4th commandment of God? Yikes! It would be discussed in every book of the new testament. And yet....not one word. No discussions. Zero

Thanks

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here is the 56th chapter of Isaiah. It may help to see Isaiah's words here regarding the Sabbath.

Isaiah 56:1-12 NASB - 1 Thus says the LORD, "Preserve justice and do righteousness, For My salvation is about to come And My righteousness to be revealed. 2 "How blessed is the man who does this, And the son of man who takes hold of it; Who keeps from profaning the sabbath, And keeps his hand from doing any evil." 3 Let not the foreigner who has joined himself to the LORD say, "The LORD will surely separate me from His people." Nor let the eunuch say, "Behold, I am a dry tree." 4 For thus says the LORD, "To the eunuchs who keep My sabbaths, And choose what pleases Me, And hold fast My covenant, 5 To them I will give in My house and within My walls a memorial, And a name better than that of sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name which will not be cut off. 6 "Also the foreigners who join themselves to the LORD, To minister to Him, and to love the name of the LORD, To be His servants, every one who keeps from profaning the sabbath And holds fast My covenant; 7 Even those I will bring to My holy mountain And make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar; For My house will be called a house of prayer for all the peoples." 8 The Lord GOD, who gathers the dispersed of Israel, declares, "Yet [others] I will gather to them, to those [already] gathered." 9 All you beasts of the field, All you beasts in the forest, Come to eat. 10 His watchmen are blind, All of them know nothing. All of them are mute dogs unable to bark, Dreamers lying down, who love to slumber; 11 And the dogs are greedy, they are not satisfied. And they are shepherds who have no understanding; They have all turned to their own way, Each one to his unjust gain, to the last one. 12 "Come," [they say,] "let us get wine, and let us drink heavily of strong drink; And tomorrow will be like today, only more so."
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why isnt the supposed change of Gods 4th commandment discussed anywhere? All through the new testament circumcision is discussed frequently. The whole book of Galatians is about whether they needed to be circumsized or not. The Jews couldnt handle the change. Could you imagine how many discussions there would be if they were told they need not keep the 4th commandment of God? Yikes! It would be discussed in every book of the new testament. And yet....not one word. No discussions. Zero
    I said
    lol Do you know anything about the revelations of Jesus Christ?

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Here is the 56th chapter of Isaiah. It may help to see Isaiah's words here regarding the Sabbath.

Isaiah 56:1-12 NASB - 1 Thus says the LORD, "Preserve justice and do righteousness, For My salvation is about to come And My righteousness to be revealed. 2 "How blessed is the man who does this, And the son of man who takes hold of it; Who keeps from profaning the sabbath, And keeps his hand from doing any evil." 3 Let not the foreigner who has joined himself to the LORD say, "The LORD will surely separate me from His people." Nor let the eunuch say, "Behold, I am a dry tree." 4 For thus says the LORD, "To the eunuchs who keep My sabbaths, And choose what pleases Me, And hold fast My covenant, 5 To them I will give in My house and within My walls a memorial, And a name better than that of sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name which will not be cut off. 6 "Also the foreigners who join themselves to the LORD, To minister to Him, and to love the name of the LORD, To be His servants, every one who keeps from profaning the sabbath And holds fast My covenant; 7 Even those I will bring to My holy mountain And make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar; For My house will be called a house of prayer for all the peoples." 8 The Lord GOD, who gathers the dispersed of Israel, declares, "Yet [others] I will gather to them, to those [already] gathered." 9 All you beasts of the field, All you beasts in the forest, Come to eat. 10 His watchmen are blind, All of them know nothing. All of them are mute dogs unable to bark, Dreamers lying down, who love to slumber; 11 And the dogs are greedy, they are not satisfied. And they are shepherds who have no understanding; They have all turned to their own way, Each one to his unjust gain, to the last one. 12 "Come," [they say,] "let us get wine, and let us drink heavily of strong drink; And tomorrow will be like today, only more so."
    I said
    Hello Jacob. It wont do any good here that is old testament.

Thanks

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I said
    Hello Jacob. It wont do any good here that is old testament.
    I saw something in the book of Hebrews recently about the old covenant. Yes, it is about the Sabbath. Many believe we should listen to the apostles after Jesus rose appeared to many and ascended to the right hand of the Father, that Jesus' own words during His life and ministry before He died are not to be followed.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed...

It was already false witness that jews spread attempting to slander Stephen and Paul claiming they taught Yahushua changed their customs...

Paul at his trials NEVER had a witness claim he taught the Sabbath was abolished NO LETTERS OR WRITINGS about “STONE NAILED TO THE WOOD” were presented as evidence...jews would have torn him apart limb for limb had he actually taught or lived the Sabbath was abolished...they almost did that just thinking he brought goyim into the temple area...

As it was not even a peep about coming back the next day “the LORD’s Day” when crowding goyim demanded he keep preaching but he did say come back NEXT SABBATH...

As James concluded the Acts 15 council he fully expected goyim to keep hearing Moses preached in every city on every Sabbath...

Good time there to talk about a NEW DAY...a NEW WAY...or something about something like 40 years from now...

Thread Information