Thread: NO MORE WORKS

Thanks
    Thanked 20,970 Times in 11,987 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The troll is comparing itself to Christ.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    How do you ever get that I miss anything?
    cuz you make it seem like they HAD TO as if was a chore or a burden or something they didnt want to do...well ok without love that might be true...

But for those NOT stiffnecked the laws were their delight...

If they wanted to be a child of God they had to get circumcised in the flesh.
    it can be written that if they wanted to be a child of God they circumcised in the flesh...but being a child of God doesnt quarantee salvation...many are chosen and fail...what the judiazers were claiming was that the goyim HAD to be circumcised in order to be saved...that was never taught in the OT...

When Moses wasn’t going to circumcise his son, God was going to kill Moses.
    Moses wasnt refusing circumcision as Yah didnt even instruct Him...but remembering that he wasnt Yah moved against him...his wife did what she had to...

What you are saying has nothing to do with what we are talking about.
    sure it does...all this was about Mercy rather than sacrifice anyway...no sacrice made them perfect it was all symbolic of what HE ACTUALLY CAN DO...

Saved by Him we dont have to do the Law...we WANT TO...

God commanded the purification works.
    right...given works so that their faith could be practiced and exercised...

You dont think Adam would have done them if faithful? Or Abraham who by faith was obedient?

If you love...is IF YOU WANT TO...as I have loved you...JUST AS...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,522 Posts

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    cuz you make it seem like they HAD TO as if was a chore or a burden or something they didnt want to do...well ok without love that might be true...
    But for those NOT stiffnecked the laws were their delight...
    I am glad that you can see what I mean.

it can be written that if they wanted to be a child of God they circumcised in the flesh...but being a child of God doesnt quarantee salvation...many are chosen and fail...what the judiazers were claiming was that the goyim HAD to be circumcised in order to be saved...that was never taught in the OT...
    The Gentiles were excluded and without God because they didnít do the purification works of the law and come under the covenant.

Moses wasnt refusing circumcision as Yah didnt even instruct Him...but remembering that he wasnt Yah moved against him...his wife did what she had to...
    Mosesí son was the one who needed to be circumcised.

sure it does...all this was about Mercy rather than sacrifice anyway...no sacrice made them perfect it was all symbolic of what HE ACTUALLY CAN DO...
    The purification works of the law were a shadow of Jesus, a teaching tool about Jesus. The people were bad and needed the law.
    God did not like it though that the people would give sin offerings, but not really be sorry. God said that He would make a new covenant one day.
    Saved by Him we dont have to do the Law...we WANT TO...
    We have to obey the new law if we want to be saved.
    right...given works so that their faith could be practiced and exercised...
    The old law was not based on faith. It was based on the people cleaning themselves.
    You dont think Adam would have done them if faithful? Or Abraham who by faith was obedient?

If you love...is IF YOU WANT TO...as I have loved you...JUST AS...
    There are so many people who donít feel as if they really know God or feel they are loved by God. Many believe that they are saved just by believing, yet they are sinners as always. People need to know that they have to do what Jesus says to do to get chosen to be saved.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

Do not just read the word do it.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    . . . they had to get circumcised in the flesh.
    Leviticus 12:3 And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bibleverse2 For Your Post:

God's Truth (January 10th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bibleverse2 View Post
    Leviticus 12:3 And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.
    Right on. It is strange how it can be denied by others.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An eight day sabbath?
    And, what foreskin?

Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart,
    and be no more stiffnecked.

Deuteronomy 10:16

Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart,
    ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem:
    lest My fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it,
    because of the evil of your doings.

Jeremiah 4:4

Don't cut boys' willies.
    Circumcise your heart to receive the word,
    in the eighth day after you are born again.

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you:
    and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Ezekiel 36:26

Thanks
    Thanked 13,281 Times in 9,163 Posts

Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They thought Jesus was insane too. So thank you.
    You assert that "earthly" is not spiritual, loser. Thus, with that made up slop, false dichotomy, all the literal events, people, places, history, in both the OT and NT are not "spiritual."

You're insane, intoxicated, or 4 years old, and your baby sitter is typing for you-no other option.
    Saint John W

Thanks

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    You assert that "earthly" is not spiritual, loser. Thus, with that made up slop, false dichotomy, all the literal events, people, places, history, in both the OT and NT are not "spiritual."

You're insane, intoxicated, or 4 years old, and your baby sitter is typing for you-no other option.

The Old Testament was about earthy man, and earthly things. See Romans 7:4-6.
    The New Testament is about the spiritual. See John 6:63.
    The Old Testament was prophecies about what was coming. See Romans 16:26.
    The New Testament is prophecies fulfilled, and revelations revealed about the spiritual. See Ephesians 6:19.

The land promised in the Old Testament was fulfilled, it was was about earthy land; but it was also promised about a heavenly country.

Hebrews 11:16 Instead, they were longing for a better country--a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

We learn about the heavenly country IN THE NEW TESTAMENT.

The Old Testament was about cutting the flesh for circumcision.

The New Testament is about circumcising your heart, which is spiritual.

The old Testament was a matter of eating and drinking and taking baths.

The New Testament is not.

Hebrews 9:10 They are only a matter of food and drink and various ceremonial washings--external regulations applying until the time of the new order.

Thanks

Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Old Testament was about earthy man, and earthly things. See Romans 7:4-6.
    The New Testament is about the spiritual. See John 6:63.
    The Old Testament was prophecies about what was coming. See Romans 16:26.
    The New Testament is prophecies fulfilled, and revelations revealed about the spiritual. See Ephesians 6:19.

The land promised in the Old Testament was fulfilled, it was was about earthy land; but it was also promised about a heavenly country.

Hebrews 11:16 Instead, they were longing for a better country--a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

We learn about the heavenly country IN THE NEW TESTAMENT.

The Old Testament was about cutting the flesh for circumcision.

The New Testament is about circumcising your heart, which is spiritual.

The old Testament was a matter of eating and drinking and taking baths.

The New Testament is not.

Hebrews 9:10 They are only a matter of food and drink and various ceremonial washings--external regulations applying until the time of the new order.
    You assert, on record, that your "Jesus" was not spiritual.

The opposite of spiritual, is not earthly, moron, despite you slurring that, after your last Scotch on the rocks.
    Saint John W

Thanks

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    You assert, on record, that your "Jesus" was not spiritual.

The opposite of spiritual, is not earthly, moron, despite you slurring that, after your last Scotch on the rocks.
    Kuck koo kuck koo

Thanks

Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kuck koo kuck koo
    Scotch #6.
    Saint John W

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am glad that you can see what I mean.
    I not only see your rebellion against His way I feel the burden it is for you...

But for His people it is a light yoke and easy burden...a delight even...We WANT to do it...kinda like when two lovers meet and wish to please each other and do things the other requests or would like...

How about you? Do you remember your first love? Why did you leave your first love? When you wanted to please Him for what He did for you...not for Him to do more for you...

The Gentiles were excluded and without God because they didn’t do the purification works of the law and come under the covenant.
    excluded from what? The Sabbath? They were actually written into the law itself...it was for strangers and animals even...as it was ONE law for native and stranger alike...all throughout the time the church was in the wilderness...

Moses’ son was the one who needed to be circumcised.
    right but not to be saved...how can something done to an infant SAVE IT...we dont even baptize infants for that reason...

The purification works of the law were a shadow of Jesus, a teaching tool about Jesus.
    wrong...Paul wrote they ARE a shadow of good to come...notice present tense...

The people were bad and needed the law.
    people are no longer bad? No need for law?

God did not like it though that the people would give sin offerings, but not really be sorry. God said that He would make a new covenant one day.
    yes the fault was with the people NOT the covenant its laws...Heb 9,10 discuss how sin remained as these SHADOWS are symbolic and cant do away with sin...ONLY HE CAN

We have to obey the new law if we want to be saved.
    we HAVE TO? Wow...how about we want to BECAUSE WE ALREADY ARE SAVED...

Do you clean your house to earn it? Or do you clean it because it already is yours?

The old law was not based on faith. It was based on the people cleaning themselves.
    WRONG...it was always FAITH first and the WORKS...people kept cleaning themselves because they wished to be KEPT CLEAN after HAVING BEEN MADE CLEAN...they were SAVED and cleaned before even given the LAW...the irony...

There are so many people who don’t feel as if they really know God or feel they are loved by God.
    because they dont WANT do the work to get to know Him HIS WAYS...

Many believe that they are saved just by believing, yet they are sinners as always.
    right...even Paul admitted to doing THAT WHICH HE HATED...it is a long race a long WAY...but doing HIS works gives us discipline and practice and builds character and develops nature and leads to better understanding as to HIM HIS WAYS and love for us...and thus our gratitude...and desire to PLEASE HIM with HIS WORKS...powerful self contained circuit of faith works love there that is...

People need to know that they have to do what Jesus says to do to get chosen to be saved.
    NOT TO GET CHOSEN BUT BECAUSE WE WERE CHOSEN...duh...same as it ALWAYS WAS...Adam had faith should have obeyed...Noah had faith began to build...by FAITH Abraham obeyed all things...chosen Moses obeyed...well almost...on and on it goes...

Yup there is much to do...if you love Me...keep my commandments...love each other AS I LOVED YOU

In fact James made it clear 4 things were initially required of goyim for them to hear Moses taught in every city on every Sabbath...

Then they did the rest as they heard even more about the One resurrected...and for them...

Thanks

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I not only see your rebellion against His way I feel the burden it is for you...

But for His people it is a light yoke and easy burden...a delight even...We WANT to do it...kinda like when two lovers meet and wish to please each other and do things the other requests or would like...

How about you? Do you remember your first love? Why did you leave your first love? When you wanted to please Him for what He did for you...not for Him to do more for you...

excluded from what? The Sabbath? They were actually written into the law itself...it was for strangers and animals even...as it was ONE law for native and stranger alike...all throughout the time the church was in the wilderness...

right but not to be saved...how can something done to an infant SAVE IT...we dont even baptize infants for that reason...

wrong...Paul wrote they ARE a shadow of good to come...notice present tense...

people are no longer bad? No need for law?

yes the fault was with the people NOT the covenant its laws...Heb 9,10 discuss how sin remained as these SHADOWS are symbolic and cant do away with sin...ONLY HE CAN

we HAVE TO? Wow...how about we want to BECAUSE WE ALREADY ARE SAVED...

Do you clean your house to earn it? Or do you clean it because it already is yours?

WRONG...it was always FAITH first and the WORKS...people kept cleaning themselves because they wished to be KEPT CLEAN after HAVING BEEN MADE CLEAN...they were SAVED and cleaned before even given the LAW...the irony...

because they dont WANT do the work to get to know Him HIS WAYS...

right...even Paul admitted to doing THAT WHICH HE HATED...it is a long race a long WAY...but doing HIS works gives us discipline and practice and builds character and develops nature and leads to better understanding as to HIM HIS WAYS and love for us...and thus our gratitude...and desire to PLEASE HIM with HIS WORKS...powerful self contained circuit of faith works love there that is...

NOT TO GET CHOSEN BUT BECAUSE WE WERE CHOSEN...duh...same as it ALWAYS WAS...Adam had faith should have obeyed...Noah had faith began to build...by FAITH Abraham obeyed all things...chosen Moses obeyed...well almost...on and on it goes...

Yup there is much to do...if you love Me...keep my commandments...love each other AS I LOVED YOU

In fact James made it clear 4 things were initially required of goyim for them to hear Moses taught in every city on every Sabbath...

Then they did the rest as they heard even more about the One resurrected...and for them...
    We have to obey God to get saved, and to stay saved.

God says to repent of your sins and believe.

That is what we have to do to get saved.

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have to obey God to get saved, and to stay saved.

God says to repent of your sins and believe.

That is what we have to do to get saved.
    We have to have faith to obey...and stay obedient...He gives us His Spirit to do so...if His Father has called us

So do you obey 10/10ths of the law or 9/10ths? Which automatically becomes 8/10ths as you steal worship from Him if you don’t do all 10...7/10ths since you lie to rationalize the change was done...6/10ths because now you claim you worship Him but it’s with a false/idolatrous worship...5/10ths as this false god you now worship is ok with less than 10/10 worship...

4/10ths because now you are adulterating a faith relationship...3/10ths as you dishonor your Fsther His heirarchy...2/10ths cuz ya prolly covet the ease with which the rest of the pagan world can worship and wish to do the same...and finally you kill the Spirit...so well you ain’t obedient at all taking His name for nothing having nothing to show for it...

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have to have faith to obey...and stay obedient...He gives us His Spirit to do so...if His Father has called us
    Are you now saying one can do all the commandments?

So do you obey 10/10ths of the law or 9/10ths? Which automatically becomes 8/10ths as you steal worship from Him if you donít do all 10...7/10ths since you lie to rationalize the change was done...6/10ths because now you claim you worship Him but itís with a false/idolatrous worship...5/10ths as this false god you now worship is ok with less than 10/10 worship...
    Therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people,
    according as ye have not kept My ways, but have been partial in the law.
    Have we not all one father?
    has not one God created us?
    why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother,
    by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Malachi 2:9-10

The Lord chastens us, if we step one foot outside of His commandments. Yes?
    So there is no wondering if you are doing right or not in the Lord.
    Sometimes it took me a little while to figure out which law I was transgressing,
    but it never takes long because the Holy Ghost leads you to the answer.
    Or maybe it is because I am looking for my transgressions, and reproof.

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten:
    be zealous therefore, and repent.

Revelation 3:19

To those who forsake the law, and hide from it, it is impossible to do.
    To them the law shall always be a source of confusion, and a curse.
    But you got to expect that if you never study or practice it.
    And only hearken to them that hate it and excuse themself from it.

Thank God the law is highly praise in scripture, even above God's name.
    Else all the enchantments of those that hate God might have had all men off of it.
    Praise God.

I will worship toward Thy holy temple,
    and praise Thy name for Thy lovingkindness and for Thy truth:
    for Thou hast magnified Thy word above all Thy name.

Psalm 138:2

The LORD is well pleased for His righteousness' sake;
    He will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Isaiah 42:21

Thread Information