Thread: The Persecuted Church

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binyamin7 View Post
    Absolutely if you are in a country that allows for legal self defense, Romans 13 would extend throughout the citizenry of the US for example. A citizen can act as an officer of the law in the US if we witness any life threatening situations. We should always love people enough to make taking a life a last resort though.
    Interesting thoughts here. Can you prove what you have said here? As for Romans 13, is the government the people who have a position in line with the Constitution?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Interesting thoughts here. Can you prove what you have said here? As for Romans 13, is the government the people who have a position in line with the Constitution?
    In America the law always allows citizenry to defend themselves using force as necessary against threats. That is pretty easy to find online. So if "the lawman does not bear the sword in vain", and the law in your country allows you the right to defend yourself, clearly that is permitted according to Romans 13. However love should always be our bond and we should not be excited about harming anyone.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In America the law always allows citizenry to defend themselves using force as necessary against threats. That is pretty easy to find online. So if "the lawman does not bear the sword in vain", and the law in your country allows you the right to defend yourself, clearly that is permitted according to Romans 13. However love should always be our bond and we should not be excited about harming anyone.
    I do not know how to defend myself and do not want to harm anyone. As for guns I believe I can't get a firearm? Someone diagnosed me with something and I disagree with the diagnosis. So I believe a judge said something about me and firearms. What does the Constitution say for me? And, wouldn't a Christian want to fight with the truth if fighting at all rather than with a gun?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not know how to defend myself and do not want to harm anyone. As for guns I believe I can't get a firearm? Someone diagnosed me with something and I disagree with the diagnosis. So I believe a judge said something about me and firearms. What does the Constitution say for me? And, wouldn't a Christian want to fight with the truth if fighting at all rather than with a gun?
    Well if it illegal for you to get a firearm you should obey the law. There are many ways to defend yourself in the event your life is in danger. Absolutely we should prefer to be at peace with all men as best as we can, but if someone attacks my family I will do my best to stop it personally.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well if it illegal for you to get a firearm you should obey the law. There are many ways to defend yourself in the event your life is in danger. Absolutely we should prefer to be at peace with all men as best as we can, but if someone attacks my family I will do my best to stop it personally.
    I didn't want a firearm and then that right was taken away I guess with no reason given.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one is supposed to persecute anyone.
    But this comes to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law,
    They hated Me without a cause.

John 15:25

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
    Ephesians 6:17

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by comingfrom View Post
    But this comes to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law,
    They hated Me without a cause.

John 15:25
    Thank you.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by comingfrom View Post
    And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
    Ephesians 6:17
    Thank you.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't want a firearm and then that right was taken away I guess with no reason given.
    You could try to appeal or just have other means to defend yourself if needed.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You could try to appeal or just have other means to defend yourself if needed.
    I grew up a pacifist. I don't know how to appeal or why, but hey I am a person, an individual.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    . . . wouldn't a Christian want to fight with the truth if fighting at all rather than with a gun?
    Yes, for:

Matthew 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bibleverse2 View Post
    Yes, for:

Matthew 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
    Amen.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. -Luke 22:36

Why do you people always want to oversimplify EVERYTHING and then be arrogant about it?

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. -Luke 22:36

Why do you people always want to oversimplify EVERYTHING and then be arrogant about it?
    I am not sure what you mean. How can I help you?

Thread Information