User Tag List

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 206

Thread: Hell

  1. #91
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,272
    Thanks
    32,004
    Thanked 8,109 Times in 5,155 Posts

    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147627
    Please use more punctuation. I'm having a hard time understanding you.

    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Those that reject Him PERISH...there is no living with...
    Considering you're responding to something that wasn't asked to you...

    Besides those that love Yah are actually flesh and blood humans
    And?

    NOT IMMORTAL
    Begging the question.

    God's intent since before the creation of the universe was that man would live forever with Him. Therefore, man had to be made to last forever (even if it takes rejuvenation via the Tree of Life to counteract entropy).

    but still dependent on the tree of life...
    See above.

    those that are in Hell are what spirits? Or flesh and blood?
    Body, soul, and spirit

    Able to live forever HOW?
    Because God created man that way.

  2. #92
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3680
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    It's torment, Torture implies a torturer. One can be tormented and not have someone tormenting them.
    torment...so why the need for flames and immortal worms and stuff



    To the extent that their hatred for God increases, yes.
    increases or as in life they just dont care anymore...that was why Laodacian church was spit out for being lukewarm not really caring and NOT for INCREASING HATRED AND REJECTING







    Who says there's someone to turn the dial in the first place?
    Ok so well why the flames and how do they keep burning...consuming what fuel?



    There's no such thing as magic.
    so Yah must keep this going with His will



    The unrepentant sinner's rejection of God.
    fuels flames?



    thanks...?



    Allow me to clarify:

    Creatures designed to be eternal cannot be destroyed, because to do so would require an infinite amount of effort, over an eternity.
    LOL...exactly why residents eternally in hell is laughable...

    Creatures designed to be eternal can INDEED be destroyed...FEAR THE ONE THAT CAN DO SO duh

    Both angels and man were designed to be eternal creatures (even with rejuvenation from the Tree of Life).
    and those in hell have access to the tree of life?

    See creatures designed to be eternal CAN INDEED be destroyed...just ban access to the tree of life...and they die...



    God Himself cannot destroy that which He created to last forever.

    Therefore your question is misleading.
    Oh boy...WHAT?

    It just gets more confusion...and THAT IS NOT what He authors...

  3. #93
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    15,764
    Thanks
    9,559
    Thanked 7,520 Times in 5,070 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147764
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    "Ignorant jerk" isn't an insult?
    Not when it fits. Your asinine ignorance and judgemental attitude towards homeless people underlined that.

    I do. It's why I'm asking YOU!
    No, you don't, otherwise you would have compassion about you. You don't. Pompous judgement in spades but compassion, empathy? Nope.

    I ask because I understand what love is, Arthur.

    If I don't, then answer my question, and show how my question is in error.
    No, otherwise you wouldn't be asking such a self serving question to begin with. You wouldn't be focussed on how your own little piece of "paradise" could be ruined by other fallible people, just like you.

    IIRC, I was being facetious, which showed that you have no sense of humor at all.
    Oh no, you meant that silly little soundbite, don't get all coy because you were called in it. You had ample chance to address that gaffe and you couldn't.

    I'M self-serving?

    Apparently you think that being concerned for a person's eternal soul and not wanting them to burn in hell for eternity is self-serving.
    Oh, you're concerned alright, that a "heathen" might destroy your paradise...

    You don't care at all otherwise you might get around to questioning the crap you so glibly lap up.

    Note that I wouldn't wish the likes on you that you would for others.
    Well this is fun isn't it?


  4. #94
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3680
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Please use more punctuation. I'm having a hard time understanding you.
    right...the punctuation makes it hard to understand that Luke wrote Stephen went to sleep and NOT to Abraham’s bosom...or heaven but fell ASLEEP...



    Considering you're responding to something that wasn't asked to you...
    just that those that love Him are over in one area around the tree of life...and those that reject Him are GONE PERISHED no living together no living with...



    And?
    and what are those resident in hell?



    Begging the question.

    God's intent since before the creation of the universe was that man would live forever with Him. Therefore, man had to be made to last forever (even if it takes rejuvenation via the Tree of Life to counteract entropy).
    lasting forever EXACTLY depending on the tree of LIFE...if NOT BEING KICKED OUT OF THE GARDEN MEANT THEY WOULD LIVE FOREVER ANYWAY...



    See above.



    Body, soul, and spirit



    Because God created man that way.
    NO MAN was NEVER IMMORTAL nor will be ONLY ONE IS IMMORTAL and in order to live forever necessitated access to the tree of life if NOT then being kicked out of the garden would be no big deal...

    Yet a charibum with a “LAZER RAYGUN LIGHT SABER” guarded the way to the tree of LIFE...pretty specific yes?


    And cuz if they had access to the tree of life then they could rebel for ever too...

  5. #95
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,272
    Thanks
    32,004
    Thanked 8,109 Times in 5,155 Posts

    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147627
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Loving is exactly what you aren't and add immature to that to boot. If you were truly loving towards your fellow man then you would hope that everyone would be with you in "Heaven",
    My hopes are tempered by reality, which you seem to reject.

    I would LOVE IT if all came to be in a relationship with their creator.

    But God says that the majority are wicked, and are on their way to destruction.

    not selfishly going on about
    Again I ask, is it selfish and unloving to preach to those who are on their way to hell that they are on their way to hell?

    how such might be "ruined" if "non believers" and the like were to dwell there too.
    Considering you won't answer my question with a straight answer on this subject, I'm not sure how you arrive at that conclusion.

    Maybe you could answer it with a straight answer, and not try to be a smart alec about it:

    Would it be loving for God to force those who love Him to live with those who rejected Him while on earth?

    You got that now? There's many an atheist who has more love than you've displayed on here.


    -----------------

    God does not want anyone to perish.

    And yet, He recognizes that most will.

    You would call God unloving because He will not allow someone who rejects Him to be in His presence for all eternity. This is what Scripture says.

    If there had been any other way for God to save those who reject Him, He would have taken that route, instead of sending His only Son to die for them.

    I do not want anyone to perish.

    Yet, I recognize that God says that most will.

    You call me unloving because I teach that God will not allow someone who rejects Him to be in His presence for all eternity. I'm simply trying to explain to you what Scripture says.

    If Scripture had said that there was any other way, then it would have said that God took that option, rather than sending Christ to die on the Cross.

    ----

    Arthur, if I were unloving, I wouldn't give two shakes of a dead cat what people believed.

    As it were, though, I am "truly loving", because I teach what Scripture says, the truth.

    Rejecting Scripture because you think it's unfair and unloving for God to send away those who reject Him is not a good position to take.

    It's because I care about you and those who reject God that I am trying to correct your beliefs.

  6. #96
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3680
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Body, soul, and spirit



    Because God created man that way.

    So even the evil have body soul and spirit? Well they are rewarded then? transformed in a twinkling of the eye too?...but the fires don’t burn the flesh or is the flesh replenished? After being consumed?

    So back to the rich man...one drop of water REALLY provides relief on his tongue?

    Do flames not make a noise, people tormented with real fire on real flesh dont scream and shout...but somehow this rich man can hear above the roar of the fire and screams of tormented as Abraham he sees a distance FAR OFF merely speaks to him...not even shouts or what...

    Oh and HOW MANY CAN FIT ON ABRAHAMS BOSOM? Do they time share line up or how does that work as a physical reality...

  7. #97
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    15,764
    Thanks
    9,559
    Thanked 7,520 Times in 5,070 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147764
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    My hopes are tempered by reality, which you seem to reject.

    I would LOVE IT if all came to be in a relationship with their creator.

    But God says that the majority are wicked, and are on their way to destruction.
    The reality is that you're a fundamentalist who can't at this moment think for himself.


    Again I ask, is it selfish and unloving to preach to those who are on their way to hell that they are on their way to hell?
    What "hell" would that be? Your doctrinal one of eternal suffering? Turn or Burn?




    Considering you won't answer my question with a straight answer on this subject, I'm not sure how you arrive at that conclusion.

    Maybe you could answer it with a straight answer, and not try to be a smart alec about it:

    Would it be loving for God to force those who love Him to live with those who rejected Him while on earth?
    A loving person would want those estranged to come back into the fold, even if that took time. They certainly wouldn't want people to be locked out forever.

    You should really stop doing that...

    -----------------

    God does not want anyone to perish.

    And yet, He recognizes that most will.

    You would call God unloving because He will not allow someone who rejects Him to be in His presence for all eternity. This is what Scripture says.

    If there had been any other way for God to save those who reject Him, He would have taken that route, instead of sending His only Son to die for them.

    I do not want anyone to perish.

    Yet, I recognize that God says that most will.

    You call me unloving because I teach that God will not allow someone who rejects Him to be in His presence for all eternity. I'm simply trying to explain to you what Scripture says.

    If Scripture had said that there was any other way, then it would have said that God took that option, rather than sending Christ to die on the Cross.

    ----

    Arthur, if I were unloving, I wouldn't give two shakes of a dead cat what people believed.

    As it were, though, I am "truly loving", because I teach what Scripture says, the truth.

    Rejecting Scripture because you think it's unfair and unloving for God to send away those who reject Him is not a good position to take.

    It's because I care about you and those who reject God that I am trying to correct your beliefs.
    No, I call you unloving because you care more about your own place in "heaven" being "ruined" by those who would apparently usurp it if let in. You trying to "correct" anyone's beliefs is like an architect trying to lecture an astrophysicist on quantum mechanics. You're just an unthinking fundamentalist, bound to doctrine and a clanging cymbal.

    Hopefully that'll change with some more years on the clock.
    Well this is fun isn't it?


  8. #98
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3680
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Maybe I can get a straight answer this time:
    @Arthur Brain, Is it loving to those who love God for God to force them to live with those who reject Him?

    OR

    Is God "a pompous, self righteous, judgemental and ignorant jerk" who should allow everyone into heaven regardless of what choices they made while here on this earth?
    What is this?

  9. #99
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Caino View Post
    So in the Hell cult, God will eventually destroy the Satan that mislead the world...….but continually keep alive his kids for torture forever?


    I could see Jesus asking, "errrm, Dad, this really isn't making any sense"????
    So, certain Supposed Bible readings don't make sense to you either? I say this because I went through the same thing. If the scriptures say something that doesn't seem to make sense, further research is required to find out why. Too many people believe what's been drummed into them, so they ignore what makes sense to hold on to what doesn't.

    Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

  10. #100
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3680
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    My hopes are tempered by reality, which you seem to reject.

    I would LOVE IT if all came to be in a relationship with their creator.

    But God says that the majority are wicked, and are on their way to destruction.



    Again I ask, is it selfish and unloving to preach to those who are on their way to hell that they are on their way to hell?



    Considering you won't answer my question with a straight answer on this subject, I'm not sure how you arrive at that conclusion.

    Maybe you could answer it with a straight answer, and not try to be a smart alec about it:

    Would it be loving for God to force those who love Him to live with those who rejected Him while on earth?





    -----------------

    God does not want anyone to perish.

    And yet, He recognizes that most will.

    You would call God unloving because He will not allow someone who rejects Him to be in His presence for all eternity. This is what Scripture says.

    If there had been any other way for God to save those who reject Him, He would have taken that route, instead of sending His only Son to die for them.

    I do not want anyone to perish.

    Yet, I recognize that God says that most will.

    You call me unloving because I teach that God will not allow someone who rejects Him to be in His presence for all eternity. I'm simply trying to explain to you what Scripture says.

    If Scripture had said that there was any other way, then it would have said that God took that option, rather than sending Christ to die on the Cross.

    ----

    Arthur, if I were unloving, I wouldn't give two shakes of a dead cat what people believed.

    As it were, though, I am "truly loving", because I teach what Scripture says, the truth.

    Rejecting Scripture because you think it's unfair and unloving for God to send away those who reject Him is not a good position to take.

    It's because I care about you and those who reject God that I am trying to correct your beliefs.
    You dont believe anyone will perish but will continue to exist walk about see others walk about some more...maybe sit... or lay down or whatever...but they are alive...do they eat anything? oh tormented yes sure but...

    I guess Yah needs them to be a freak show to keep it real right? Every 10000000000000000000000000000 years or so they will be observed as a reminder as why things are the way they are...aint love grand?

  11. #101
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,272
    Thanks
    32,004
    Thanked 8,109 Times in 5,155 Posts

    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147627
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Not when it fits. Your asinine ignorance and judgemental attitude towards homeless people underlined that.
    Is it wrong to judge, Arthur? Yes or no.

    No, you don't, otherwise you would have compassion about you.
    Sure I do.

    You don't. Pompous
    You would know...

    judgement in spades
    Is it wrong to judge, Arthur? Yes or no.

    but compassion, empathy? Nope.
    This coming from someone who is trying to be nicer than God...

    No, otherwise you wouldn't be asking such a self serving question to begin with.
    Me: "Answer my question, and show how my question is in error."

    Arthur: "No."

    Then go away, because you're clearly not interested in having an honest discussion.

    You wouldn't be focussed on how your own little piece of "paradise" could be ruined by other fallible people, just like you.
    I'm not concerned about that, because it won't happen.

    I'm asking YOU about YOUR position that God will allow those who reject Him into heaven. It's not my position that I'm questioning, it's YOURS.

    Arthur, would it be loving for God to force those who love Him to live with those who reject Him?

    Oh no, you meant that silly little soundbite, don't get all coy because you were called in it. You had ample chance to address that gaffe and you couldn't.
    I have no idea what you're talking about at this point, then.

    Oh, you're concerned alright, that a "heathen" might destroy your paradise...
    Straw man. Not my position.

    Also non sequitur.

    I asked:

    You don't care at all otherwise you might get around to questioning the crap you so glibly lap up.
    If I didn't care at all, I wouldn't be having this discussion with you.

    As it were...

    Note that I wouldn't wish the likes on you that you would for others.
    And you think I do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    The reality is that you're a fundamentalist
    That much is true.

    who can't at this moment think for himself.
    Because you totally know what I am capable of.

    What "hell" would that be? Your doctrinal one of eternal suffering? Turn or Burn?
    How about the one described in Scripture:

    And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.” - John 3:14-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...1&version=NKJV

    And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire. - Revelation 20:12-15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...5&version=NKJV



    And you call ME immature.

    Stop being a hypocrite, Arty.

    A loving person would want those estranged to come back into the fold,
    And you think I don't?

    even if that took time.
    How much time would that be, Arty? a lifetime (about 80 years)? two? a hundred?

    A million years? ten million? more?

    At what point should God say, "that's enough, you've had your chance"?

    They certainly wouldn't want people to be locked out forever.
    So what about those who never repent?

    You should really stop doing that...

    -----------------
    Hypocrite.

    No, I call you unloving because you care more about your own place in "heaven" being "ruined" by those who would apparently usurp it if let in.
    Straw man.

    My position is that those who reject Him if the WERE allowed into heaven would in fact turn heaven into hell, so God, in order to avoid harming His own, separates those who reject Him from those who love Him, as the mother and father have to send away their son to prevent him from molesting his sister anymore.

    You trying to "correct" anyone's beliefs is like an architect trying to lecture an astrophysicist. You're just an unthinking fundamentalist, bound to doctrine and a clanging cymbal.


    Hopefully that'll change with some more years on the clock.
    I would rather listen to what scripture says than what some nicer-than-God "Christian" says.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    way 2 go (January 6th, 2019)

  13. #102
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,272
    Thanks
    32,004
    Thanked 8,109 Times in 5,155 Posts

    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147627
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    right...the punctuation makes it hard to understand that Luke wrote Stephen went to sleep and NOT to Abraham’s bosom...or heaven but fell ASLEEP...



    just that those that love Him are over in one area around the tree of life...and those that reject Him are GONE PERISHED no living together no living with...



    and what are those resident in hell?



    lasting forever EXACTLY depending on the tree of LIFE...if NOT BEING KICKED OUT OF THE GARDEN MEANT THEY WOULD LIVE FOREVER ANYWAY...


    NO MAN was NEVER IMMORTAL nor will be ONLY ONE IS IMMORTAL and in order to live forever necessitated access to the tree of life if NOT then being kicked out of the garden would be no big deal...

    Yet a charibum with a “LAZER RAYGUN LIGHT SABER” guarded the way to the tree of LIFE...pretty specific yes?


    And cuz if they had access to the tree of life then they could rebel for ever too...
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    So even the evil have body soul and spirit? Well they are rewarded then? transformed in a twinkling of the eye too?...but the fires don’t burn the flesh or is the flesh replenished? After being consumed?

    So back to the rich man...one drop of water REALLY provides relief on his tongue?

    Do flames not make a noise, people tormented with real fire on real flesh dont scream and shout...but somehow this rich man can hear above the roar of the fire and screams of tormented as Abraham he sees a distance FAR OFF merely speaks to him...not even shouts or what...

    Oh and HOW MANY CAN FIT ON ABRAHAMS BOSOM? Do they time share line up or how does that work as a physical reality...
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    You dont believe anyone will perish but will continue to exist walk about see others walk about some more...maybe sit... or lay down or whatever...but they are alive...do they eat anything? oh tormented yes sure but...

    I guess Yah needs them to be a freak show to keep it real right? Every 10000000000000000000000000000 years or so they will be observed as a reminder as why things are the way they are...aint love grand?
    Not one iota of what you said above made any sense at all.

    Slow down and think before typing out your thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    What is this?
    Not addressed to you.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    way 2 go (January 6th, 2019)

  15. #103
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3680
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Not one iota of what you said above made any sense at all.

    Slow down and think before typing out your thoughts.



    Not addressed to you.
    Ha ok...sorry a lot of distractions family and friend over here...

    So what did you not understand? Luke writing that Stephen did not go to Abraham’s bosom but that he fell asleep?

    Or that man was NEVER made Immortal and thus dependent on the tree of life to live...is why when he was banned from access to it....he died...

    And yes the Creator can destroy body and soul...fear Him...you are NOT immortal...or impossible to kill because you were designed to live forever...

  16. #104
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    15,764
    Thanks
    9,559
    Thanked 7,520 Times in 5,070 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147764
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Is it wrong to judge, Arthur? Yes or no.
    Nope, then again nobody said it was.

    Sure I do.
    Not that I've seen. lots of legalism and advocating laws that would turn the West into a religious state but empathy? Nope.

    You would know...
    Hardly.

    Is it wrong to judge, Arthur? Yes or no.
    See above.

    This coming from someone who is trying to be nicer than God...
    I ain't trying to be any such thing and maybe if you learned to think outside of what Bob Enyart has to say you'd realize that.

    Me: "Answer my question, and show how my question is in error."

    Arthur: "No."

    Then go away, because you're clearly not interested in having an honest discussion.
    Like the above was an honest representation...

    I'm not concerned about that, because it won't happen.

    I'm asking YOU about YOUR position that God will allow those who reject Him into heaven. It's not my position that I'm questioning, it's YOURS.

    Arthur, would it be loving for God to force those who love Him to live with those who reject Him?
    Nobody actually said it would and it certainly isn't my position as I don't think "force" would even be part of the equation. Where do you get the notion that I think God "forces" people anywhere?

    I have no idea what you're talking about at this point, then.
    Then let me remind you then. You and RD made some asinine quip whereby I equated "love" with something akin to having a crush on someone. Totally bizarre and you were both called on it.

    Straw man. Not my position.

    Also non sequitur.

    I asked:
    How isn't it? You've stated that Heaven could be ruined if "non believers" or non Christians were allowed in, right?

    If I didn't care at all, I wouldn't be having this discussion with you.

    As it were...
    What exactly is it that you're caring about?

    And you think I do?
    Sure.

    That much is true.

    Because you totally know what I am capable of.
    Oh, I think you're capable and intelligent but that won't come to fruition until you can think outside of fundamentalism and Bob Enyart podcasts.

    How about the one described in Scripture:

    And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.” - John 3:14-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...1&version=NKJV

    And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire. - Revelation 20:12-15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...5&version=NKJV

    How is that a "description"? You surely don't read that as literal?

    And you call ME immature.

    Stop being a hypocrite, Arty.
    You can be and this is a case in point. Go look in a mirror.

    And you think I don't?
    Frankly, no else you wouldn't have a problem with everyone being reconciled, not forced, reconciled. As of now, you're like the prodigal son's brother who has his nose put out of joint when his dad is overjoyed to see his return and lays out a banquet.

    How much time would that be, Arty? a lifetime (about 80 years)? two? a hundred?

    A million years? ten million? more?

    At what point should God say, "that's enough, you've had your chance"?
    As long as, what does it matter to you?

    So what about those who never repent?
    Supposing there isn't?

    Hypocrite.





    Straw man.

    My position is that those who reject Him if the WERE allowed into heaven would in fact turn heaven into hell, so God, in order to avoid harming His own, separates those who reject Him from those who love Him, as the mother and father have to send away their son to prevent him from molesting his sister anymore.
    Your idea of "rejecting" God, presumably being a non believer in this life or someone with the wrong faith etc?

    Wonderfully mature response...



    I would rather listen to what scripture says than what some nicer-than-God "Christian" says.
    Or a Bob Enyart podcast. That's just some silly label that doesn't even apply to anyone.
    Well this is fun isn't it?


  17. #105
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Nope, then again nobody said it was.



    Not that I've seen. lots of legalism and advocating laws that would turn the West into a religious state but empathy? Nope.



    Hardly.



    See above.



    I ain't trying to be any such thing and maybe if you learned to think outside of what Bob Enyart has to say you'd realize that.



    Like the above was an honest representation...



    Nobody actually said it would and it certainly isn't my position as I don't think "force" would even be part of the equation. Where do you get the notion that I think God "forces" people anywhere?



    Then let me remind you then. You and RD made some asinine quip whereby I equated "love" with something akin to having a crush on someone. Totally bizarre and you were both called on it.



    How isn't it? You've stated that Heaven could be ruined if "non believers" or non Christians were allowed in, right?



    What exactly is it that you're caring about?



    Sure.



    Oh, I think you're capable and intelligent but that won't come to fruition until you can think outside of fundamentalism and Bob Enyart podcasts.



    How is that a "description"? You surely don't read that as literal?



    You can be and this is a case in point. Go look in a mirror.



    Frankly, no else you wouldn't have a problem with everyone being reconciled, not forced, reconciled. As of now, you're like the prodigal son's brother who has his nose put out of joint when his dad is overjoyed to see his return and lays out a banquet.



    As long as, what does it matter to you?



    Supposing there isn't?










    Your idea of "rejecting" God, presumably being a non believer in this life or someone with the wrong faith etc?



    Wonderfully mature response...





    Or a Bob Enyart podcast. That's just some silly label that doesn't even apply to anyone.
    What seems to be missing here, is the fact that God is selective about who He chooses to worship Him. No one who doesn't belong in heaven will be there. Period.

    Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us