Thread: Hell

Thanks
    Thanked 7,765 Times in 4,910 Posts

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Is it loving to be a pompous, self righteous, judgemental and ignorant jerk?

Your answer was therein btw.
    Look, Arty, I've put up with a lot of your crap.

All I'd like is for honest answers, instead of your incessant whining about what Scripture says.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

way 2 go (January 6th, 2019)

BANNED
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,381 Times in 4,957 Posts

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post

Typical Arthur Brain.

When you quote scripture to him in defence of your beliefs, he tries to turn it around with insults.

Point in case:

All I see is name calling.

Could you clarify?

Is it loving to those who love God to force them to live with those who reject God?
    Those weren't insults. If you understood what love actually is - as outlined in the Bible itself, you wouldn't even be asking such questions. The last time you talked about "love" you made it into a juvenile crush as if I'd been advocating it as such. I hadn't. You need to read up a bit more and then maybe you'll see just how self serving and lacking in love for your fellow human being you are.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Look, Arty, I've put up with a lot of your crap.

All I'd like is for honest answers, instead of your incessant whining about what Scripture says.
    Oh, I'm sorry, you could always put me on ignore if it's distressing you so much. Otherwise, I've had to "put up" with some of the most bonkers, asinine blowhard stuff ever witnessed on here. You have advocated such loony things as doing away with speed limits and the most ridiculous form of government ever; a king elected through lots who, once in power, isn't obliged to do a darned thing while holding "office"...

You've had honesty all ways up so quit with your own whining man. Get a grip.

"Incessant whining about scriptures"? Which ones?

Thanks

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those weren't insults.
    "Ignorant jerk" isn't an insult?

If you understood what love actually is
    I do. It's why I'm asking YOU!

as outlined in the Bible itself, you wouldn't even be asking such questions.
    I ask because I understand what love is, Arthur.

If I don't, then answer my question, and show how my question is in error.

The last time you talked about "love" you made it into a juvenile crush as if I'd been advocating it as such. I hadn't.
    IIRC, I was being facetious, which showed that you have no sense of humor at all.

You need to read up a bit more and then maybe you'll see just how self serving and lacking in love for your fellow human being you are.
    I'M self-serving?

Apparently you think that being concerned for a person's eternal soul and not wanting them to burn in hell for eternity is self-serving.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I'm sorry, you could always put me on ignore if it's distressing you so much. Otherwise, I've had to "put up" with some of the most bonkers, asinine blowhard stuff ever witnessed on here. You have advocated such loony things as doing away with speed limits and the most ridiculous form of government ever; a king elected through lots who, once in power, isn't obliged to do a darned thing while holding "office"...

You've had honesty all ways up so quit with your own whining man. Get a grip.

"Incessant whining about scriptures"? Which ones?

Me: I just want a straight answer.

Arthur:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I can get a straight answer this time:
    @Arthur Brain, Is it loving to those who love God for God to force them to live with those who reject Him?

OR

Is God "a pompous, self righteous, judgemental and ignorant jerk" who should allow everyone into heaven regardless of what choices they made while here on this earth?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

ok doser (January 15th, 2019),way 2 go (January 6th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's torment, Torture implies a torturer. One can be tormented and not have someone tormenting them.

To the extent that their hatred for God increases, yes.

Who says there's someone to turn the dial in the first place?

There's no such thing as magic.

The unrepentant sinner's rejection of God.

https://youtu.be/sl9pTDK8PAk

Not torture...

Torment.

I did. Your implied accusation was a straw man.

Allow me to clarify:

Creatures designed to be eternal cannot be destroyed, because to do so would require an infinite amount of effort, over an eternity.

Both angels and man were designed to be eternal creatures (even with rejuvenation from the Tree of Life).

God Himself cannot destroy that which He created to last forever.

Therefore your question is misleading.
    You still didn't answer the question for obvious reasons. Just wanted to see if you had the courage to defend such a poor doctrine.

"Mortal man was never the property of the archdeceivers. Jesus did not die to ransom man from the clutch of the apostate rulers and fallen princes of the spheres. The Father in heaven never conceived of such crass injustice as damning a mortal soul because of the evil doing of his ancestors."UB

Thanks

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Caino View Post
    You still didn't answer the question for obvious reasons. Just wanted to see if you had the courage to defend such a poor doctrine.
    You seem to think that my position is something other than what it is.

You are challenging me on something I don't believe.

Therefore I cannot answer the question the way you want me to.

I answered your question by correcting your assumption about what I believe.

If you can't accept that, then go away.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, only if they reject Him.

For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law(for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them )in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel. - Romans 2:12-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...6&version=NKJV

But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more. - Luke 12:48 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...8&version=NKJV

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom;but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness,but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. - 1 Corinthians 1:18-25 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...5&version=NKJV
    And for you perish is being constantly in a tormented state...never ending...you know like a plant perish and rotted and NO MORE...yet useful

and as is perishing...a continued process...never fully completed...

So is us who are being saved...is that ever completed or on going for eternity...

How about when He destroys the wisdom of the wise...is that a final act or maybe He toys with it forever too...never fully destroying it...

So rejecting Him once or how many times...and then again through eternity...hmmm yes makes sense all that rejecting building and building and building and building...for EVER...

Everything else He created has such efficiency and order and is not confusing but well...it’s their own fault right

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Maybe I can get a straight answer this time:
    @Arthur Brain, Is it loving to those who love God for God to force them to live with those who reject Him?

OR

Is God "a pompous, self righteous, judgemental and ignorant jerk" who should allow everyone into heaven regardless of what choices they made while here on this earth?
    If you truly knew what love was and had some about you, you wouldn't even be asking such a question. That's your answer. Go think about that if you can.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Me: I just want a straight answer.

Arthur:

Seriously, grow up kid.

Thanks

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    And for you perish is being tormented...and as is perishing...a continued process...never fully completed...

So is us who are being saved...is that ever completed or on going for eternity...

"Sealed (past tense) by the Holy Spirit"

How about when He destroys the wisdom of the wise...is that a final act or maybe He toys with it forever too...never fully destroying it...
    No idea what you're talking about.

So rejecting Him once or how many times...
    Once is enough.

and then again through eternity...
    The point of no return is when a person dies a physical death (or if they somehow manage to live until judgment day, when they accept the mark of the Beast).

hmmm yes makes sense all that rejecting building and building and building and building...for EVER...
    See above.

Everything else He created has such efficiency and order and is not confusing but well...itís their own fault right
    No idea what you're talking about.

Man and angels are the only beings who were created to exist for eternity.

Everything else will pass away.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typical Arthur Brain.

When you quote scripture to him in defence of your beliefs, he tries to turn it around with insults.

Point in case:

All I see is name calling.

Could you clarify?

Is it loving to those who love God to force them to live with those who reject God?
    Those that reject Him PERISH...there is no living with...

Besides those that love Yah are actually flesh and blood humans NOT IMMORTAL but still dependent on the tree of life...those that are in Hell are what spirits? Or flesh and blood? Able to live forever HOW?

Thanks

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure why I expected anything else.

Maybe I'm too loving...

If you truly knew what love was and had some about you, you wouldn't even be asking such a question. That's your answer. Go think about that if you can.
    Seriously, grow up kid.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not sure why I expected anything else.

Maybe I'm too loving...

Loving is exactly what you aren't and add immature to that to boot. If you were truly loving towards your fellow man then you would hope that everyone would be with you in "Heaven", not selfishly going on about how such might be "ruined" if "non believers" and the like were to dwell there too.

You got that now? There's many an atheist who has more love than you've displayed on here.

Thread Information