User Tag List

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 206

Thread: Hell

  1. #16
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,586
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 931 Times in 857 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125423
    Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post
    sheh-ole', sheh-ole'
    From H7592; hades or the world of the dead (as if a subterranian retreat), including its accessories and inmates:





    one place two parts


    not the final place for the dead tho

    Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.
    Rev 20:14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
    Yes. I want to understand these things better. Only in the purity of good instruction though.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    in beginning he created gods the heavens and the earth

  2. #17
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post
    sheh-ole', sheh-ole'
    From H7592; hades or the world of the dead (as if a subterranian retreat), including its accessories and inmates:





    one place two parts


    not the final place for the dead tho

    Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.
    Rev 20:14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
    Can a thing like Death or Hades be thrown into a place of torment to be punished? How about Death and Hades being completely destroyed, as in a fire? Doesn't that sound more feasible than punishment?
    Additionally, would a God of love sentence people to be tortured forever, or does complete destruction for their rebellion make more sense?

    Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to dcon For Your Post:

    Lazy afternoon (January 1st, 2019)

  4. #18
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,586
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 931 Times in 857 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125423
    Quote Originally Posted by dcon View Post
    Can a thing like Death or Hades be thrown into a place of torment to be punished? How about Death and Hades being completely destroyed, as in a fire? Doesn't that sound more feasible than punishment?
    Additionally, would a God of love sentence people to be tortured forever, or does complete destruction for their rebellion make more sense?

    Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
    I hope that you can settle this out. For yourself especially.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    in beginning he created gods the heavens and the earth

  5. #19
    Over 2000 post club way 2 go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,178
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 801 Posts

    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    416309
    Quote Originally Posted by dcon View Post
    Can a thing like Death or Hades be thrown into a place of torment to be punished?
    Hades is a place .
    How about Death and Hades being completely destroyed, as in a fire? Doesn't that sound more feasible than punishment?
    Hades is a place that contains fire .

    Additionally, would a God of love sentence people to be tortured forever, or does complete destruction for their rebellion make more sense?

    Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
    the punishment is eternal which is why God had to pay for sin himself

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to way 2 go For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (January 6th, 2019),ttruscott (March 7th, 2019)

  7. #20
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post
    Hades is a place .

    Hades is a place that contains fire .



    the punishment is eternal which is why God had to pay for sin himself
    Your explanation is at odds with this scripture. So, do you alter your belief, or throw out this verse? You can't have it both ways.
    Roman's 6:23
    For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord

    Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

  8. #21
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post
    Hades is a place .

    Hades is a place that contains fire .



    the punishment is eternal which is why God had to pay for sin himself
    Yes, Hades is a place; it's the common Grave of mankind. There is no fire. Fire is symbolic of complete destruction. Since people can be resurrected from the dead, or Hades, we have no reason to believe that anyone who has died, has been completely destroyed.

    Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

  9. #22
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I hope that you can settle this out. For yourself especially.
    I have. It's not only what the Bible says, it makes perfect sense, too.

    Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

  10. #23
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,586
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 931 Times in 857 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125423
    Quote Originally Posted by dcon View Post
    I have. It's not only what the Bible says, it makes perfect sense, too.

    Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
    Okay.

    Shalom.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    in beginning he created gods the heavens and the earth

  11. #24
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    When I have this computer to use I have a computer to do research online. My phone is not the best for research. But I do not know what you are asking me to do. Encouragement in a direction is welcome, but if you have any material to present you may. However, I am not locked into a view of hell. I want the scriptures to say what the truth is because they do.
    To verify whether a belief is true and factual, I depend on research through the Bible and other established information. For example, if I'm not sure of a statement made in the KJV, I'll compare it with other versions, and if they all say basically the same thing, then I can be reasonably certain that what is said is true and on point.

    My first time doing research like this, was when I was first told that Christmas is all a fraud. I couldn't believe it. Then I did the research, and proved to myself that Christmas is truly a pagan holiday.

    Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

  12. #25
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,586
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 931 Times in 857 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125423
    Quote Originally Posted by dcon View Post
    To verify whether a belief is true and factual, I depend on research through the Bible and other established information. For example, if I'm not sure of a statement made in the KJV, I'll compare it with other versions, and if they all say basically the same thing, then I can be reasonably certain that what is said is true and on point.

    My first time doing research like this, was when I was first told that Christmas is all a fraud. I couldn't believe it. Then I did the research, and proved to myself that Christmas is truly a pagan holiday.

    Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
    excellent
    I think you are saying that you just didn't see Christmas in the Bible.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    in beginning he created gods the heavens and the earth

  13. #26
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    excellent
    I think you are saying that you just didn't see Christmas in the Bible.
    That is one thing. Another is that it's a well established fact that Jesus was not born in December, that date was celebrated because it was when the pagan nations celebrated the birth of the sun, not the Son.
    The tree is also of pagan origin. It doesn't matter if people say it's for the children. All the children learn, is that it's okay to lie, as long as it's for a noble cause.

    Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

  14. #27
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,586
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 931 Times in 857 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125423
    Quote Originally Posted by woodeneye View Post
    That is one thing. Another is that it's a well established fact that Jesus was not born in December, that date was celebrated because it was when the pagan nations celebrated the birth of the sun, not the Son.
    The tree is also of pagan origin. It doesn't matter if people say it's for the children. All the children learn, is that it's okay to lie, as long as it's for a noble cause.

    Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
    I have good memories from childhood. I remember my Grandmother for how kind she was, even though my memory includes Christmas. I don't celebrate Christmas, but I remember the tree at my Grandmother's house, with an ornament. But Jesus was not born in December because He was not born on the Roman Calendar but the Jewish Calendar. He was a Jew. Of the tribe of Judah. The Only Begotten Son of God.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    in beginning he created gods the heavens and the earth

  15. #28
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I have good memories from childhood. I remember my Grandmother for how kind she was, even though my memory includes Christmas. I don't celebrate Christmas, but I remember the tree at my Grandmother's house, with an ornament. But Jesus was not born in December because He was not born on the Roman Calendar but the Jewish Calendar. He was a Jew. Of the tribe of Judah. The Only Begotten Son of God.
    Regardless of when he was born, the whole celebration is a fraud. In Jesus' time, his apostles and other followers never celebrated their birthdays; nor do his true followers today.

    Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

  16. #29
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,586
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 931 Times in 857 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125423
    Quote Originally Posted by woodeneye View Post
    Regardless of when he was born, the whole celebration is a fraud. In Jesus' time, his apostles and other followers never celebrated their birthdays; nor do his true followers today.

    Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
    I do not celebrate my birthday. Some say that this is an age thing, that children celebrate their birthdays. I am not sure about that.

    However, there is celebration of birthdays in the Bible I think. I can't remember what I am thinking. About it. About that.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    in beginning he created gods the heavens and the earth

  17. #30
    Over 2000 post club way 2 go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,178
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 801 Posts

    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    416309
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    You seriously think that a person in such a predicament would ask for someone to dip the end of their finger in water and cool their tongue?

    yes I think this is very serious

    People being separated from God for eternity
    in a fire that does not consume, very serious .

    so serious the rich man's next thought was of his family
    to warn them


    Luk 16:28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
    ...
    Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.


    what about you , do you believe Moses and the prophets about hell?
    do you believe Jesus the one risen from the dead about hell?

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to way 2 go For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (January 6th, 2019)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us