User Tag List

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 251

Thread: YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN, John 3:7

  1. #46
    TOL Subscriber musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,638
    Thanks
    4,154
    Thanked 20,024 Times in 11,540 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147760
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Who told you that you are a Christian?
    Paul did, because RD trusts in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ for his sins and for his justification.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

    [most will be very surprised]


    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    glorydaz (December 30th, 2018)

  3. #47
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    14,507
    Thanks
    12,350
    Thanked 20,312 Times in 11,392 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147693

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Who told you that you are a Christian?
    You are a false accuser Robert.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The law exist for unbelievers like yourself, but there is no law for Christians, it has been abolished.
    I am not under the law because I am IN CHRIST.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Your problem is that you don't believe the Bible, No matter how many scriptures that says so.
    False accuser again. How does it feel to be the only believer in the whole world?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Here is another one, 2 Corinthians 3:13.
    New covenant Israel will have the law written in their hearts.... Jeremiah 31:33.
    Don't you claim to be under that covenant?

    AGAIN.... why does Paul tell us that we are not under the law when you claim that it doesn't even exist?

    The reason that the law is NOT my problem is that I am DEAD to it

    Rom 7:1-6 KJV
    (1) Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
    (2) For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
    (3) So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
    (4) Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
    (5) For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
    (6) But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
    Last edited by Right Divider; December 30th, 2018 at 03:46 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    glorydaz (December 30th, 2018),musterion (December 30th, 2018)

  5. #48
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    24,100
    Thanks
    15,505
    Thanked 37,933 Times in 18,962 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147811
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    GM hates Calvinism and so does Robert.

    that's why GM stood up for Robert.

    You don't seem to know your own pals.
    It had nothing to do with Calvinism, Meshak. This is above your pay grade.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    musterion (December 30th, 2018)

  7. #49
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    14,176
    Thanks
    184
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,471 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354744
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    You are a false accuser Robert.


    I am not under the law because I am IN CHRIST.


    False accuser again. How does it feel to be the only believer in the whole world?


    New covenant Israel will have the law written in their hearts.... Jeremiah 31:33.
    Don't you claim to be under that covenant?

    AGAIN.... why does Paul tell us that we are not under the law when you claim that it doesn't even exists?

    The reason that the law is NOT my problem is that I am DEAD to it

    Rom 7:1-6 KJV
    (1) Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
    (2) For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
    (3) So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
    (4) Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
    (5) For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
    (6) But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

    You think that you are in Christ. If you were in Christ you would stand up for what the Bible says, instead you side with John W. who is a heretic.

    Part of the Gospel is that the law has been abolished. If the law has not been abolished for the Christian, then he is still in his sins. Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation. "There is no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1. There is no condemnation because there is no law.

    I will believe that you are a Christian when you stand up for God's word.

  8. #50
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    14,507
    Thanks
    12,350
    Thanked 20,312 Times in 11,392 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147693

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    You think that you are in Christ. If you were in Christ you would stand up for what the Bible says, instead you side with John W. who is a heretic.
    More lies from "the only true believer".

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Part of the Gospel is that the law has been abolished. If the law has not been abolished for the Christian, then he is sti

    ll in his sins.
    WRONG... (you are pretty consistent).

    I am DEAD to the law by the BODY OF CHRIST.

    Rom 7:4 KJV
    (4) Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.


    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation.
    Not for a DEAD MAN.

    Read ROMANS 7!

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    "There is no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1.
    The USUAL fallaciuos logic on YOUR part.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    There is no condemnation because there is no law.
    There is no condemnation because a DEAD MAN is NOT under the law. ROMANS 7!

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    I will believe that you are a Christian when you stand up for God's word.
    I will believe that you are a Christian when you stand up for God's word.

    See how that works?
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  9. #51
    TOL Subscriber musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,638
    Thanks
    4,154
    Thanked 20,024 Times in 11,540 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147760
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    You think that you are in Christ.
    He believes Paul's word that faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ for our sins and justification will save us.

    Clearly that isn't good enough for Pope Bobby, just as it wasn't for Pope Danoh.
    Last edited by musterion; December 30th, 2018 at 07:26 PM.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

    [most will be very surprised]


    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    Right Divider (December 30th, 2018)

  11. #52
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    14,176
    Thanks
    184
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,471 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354744
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Paul did, because RD trusts in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ for his sins and for his justification.
    But not his sinless life that fulfilled the law and abolished it? You don't have a complete Gospel.

  12. #53
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    14,176
    Thanks
    184
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,471 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354744
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    More lies from "the only true believer".


    WRONG... (you are pretty consistent).

    I am DEAD to the law by the BODY OF CHRIST.

    Rom 7:4 KJV
    (4) Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.



    Not for a DEAD MAN.

    Read ROMANS 7!


    The USUAL fallaciuos logic on YOUR part.


    There is no condemnation because a DEAD MAN is NOT under the law. ROMANS 7!


    I will believe that you are a Christian when you stand up for God's word.

    See how that works?

    The law was nailed to the cross along with our sins, Colossians 2:14.

  13. #54
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    14,507
    Thanks
    12,350
    Thanked 20,312 Times in 11,392 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147693

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    But not his sinless life that fulfilled the law and abolished it? You don't have a complete Gospel.
    Your theory is a fairy tale.

    The Bible does NOT say that Jesus' sinless life "fulfilled the law" nor that Jesus "kept the law for us".
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  14. #55
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    14,507
    Thanks
    12,350
    Thanked 20,312 Times in 11,392 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147693

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The law was nailed to the cross along with our sins, Colossians 2:14.
    As always:
    • You ignore everything that others write.
    • You ignore all but your pet verses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    glorydaz (December 31st, 2018)

  16. #56
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    24,100
    Thanks
    15,505
    Thanked 37,933 Times in 18,962 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147811
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    But not his sinless life that fulfilled the law and abolished it? You don't have a complete Gospel.
    I suppose it's easier to toss out the law than to use it lawfully as Paul points out.

    1 Timothy 1:8
    8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;


    Preach the Gospel

    1 Cor. 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

    Oh, what is "sin", Robert?

    Uh, it's transgression of the Law.

    Where is that Law, Robert?

    Uh, it's been abolished.


    There is a lawful way to use the Law, and it must be used to preach the Gospel.

    You don't have a complete Gospel, Robert.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    john w (December 31st, 2018),Right Divider (December 31st, 2018)

  18. #57
    TOL Subscriber musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,638
    Thanks
    4,154
    Thanked 20,024 Times in 11,540 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147760
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    But not his sinless life that fulfilled the law and abolished it? You don't have a complete Gospel.
    There's no need for Him to have "kept the Law vicariously" on behalf of those whom God would declare as having DIED with the Son.

    The Law is a threat only to those who are under its authority.

    The dead aren't expect to keep any law. They're dead. No law has any claim on those who are dead.

    Those who are in Christ are counted as having died with Christ and raised to a new life, forever beyond the reach or need for the Law.

    So while we agree Law has no claim on those in Christ, it is not for the reason you say. You disagree with Paul on this, which makes you inexcusably wrong.

    We do have the complete Gospel, as Paul preached it. You are the one who has added an extra qualification to it, placing you under the curse of Galatians 1:8-9.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

    [most will be very surprised]


    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    Right Divider (December 31st, 2018)

  20. #58
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    14,176
    Thanks
    184
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,471 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354744
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Your theory is a fairy tale.

    The Bible does NOT say that Jesus' sinless life "fulfilled the law" nor that Jesus "kept the law for us".

    All that Jesus is and all that Jesus did was for our salvation and justification.

    To not believe that is to not believe the Gospel. To not believe the Gospel is to not be born again.

  21. #59
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    14,176
    Thanks
    184
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,471 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354744
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    There's no need for Him to have "kept the Law vicariously" on behalf of those whom God would declare as having DIED with the Son.

    The Law is a threat only to those who are under its authority.

    The dead aren't expect to keep any law. They're dead. No law has any claim on those who are dead.

    Those who are in Christ are counted as having died with Christ and raised to a new life, forever beyond the reach or need for the Law.

    So while we agree Law has no claim on those in Christ, it is not for the reason you say. You disagree with Paul on this, which makes you inexcusably wrong.

    We do have the complete Gospel, as Paul preached it. You are the one who has added an extra qualification to it, placing you under the curse of Galatians 1:8-9.

    The reason that you have not been born again is because you don't believe the Gospel.

    All that Jesus is and all that Jesus did was for our salvation and justification. To not believe that is to not believe the Gospel.

  22. #60
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    18,583
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 13,002 Times in 8,993 Posts

    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147863
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    How old are you John W.? You sound like you are about 15.

    You are either very immature or you have low self esteem, maybe both.
    I'm not an 85 year old habitual liar,dementia infested child of the devil, like you, Pate, and shuck your psycho babble, wolf.To wit:

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Yes, I am the only one on the Forum that is teaching the Gospel and justification by faith.
    So, he admits that he lied,and has dementia:

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Most of the born again Christians have left this Forum.


    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Only about 10% of professing Christians have been born again....
    Tell us how you arrive at that 10% figure, you deceiving puffed up as a bullfrog in heat, demonic troll. Prove it.

    We thought so, you admitted satanist.
    Saint John W

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us