Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We need more law keepers.

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by woodeneye View Post
    I can't understand why people make accusations that they have no proof of. The definition of a cult, in no way fits Jehovah's Witnesses. Just because people believe something doesn't mean it's a fact. If I were to call you a child molester, (which I would never do without proof) it would be incumbent upon me to prove it, or you would most assuredly sue me for slander. You don't seem to think the same applies to you. You have no proof of your claim.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
    Are you a JW yourself?
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,902 Times in 19,918 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Good idea. If I meet one I may share the truth with him.
    It'll be interesting to see your response to their Bible saying Jesus is A God.

You're still confused enough about that yourself.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (December 29th, 2018),way 2 go (December 29th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Interesting. I may talk to a JW sometime, but not to support them. What we all need is truth.
    We love to talk to people about what we believe, to show people that the lies told about Jehovah's Witnesses are just that; lies told by those who have nothing better to do than trash those who are simply trying to improve other's lives.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,784 Times in 4,923 Posts

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't understand why people make accusations that they have no proof of. The definition of a cult, in no way fits Jehovah's Witnesses. Just because people believe something doesn't mean it's a fact. If I were to call you a child molester, (which I would never do without proof) it would be incumbent upon me to prove it, or you would most assuredly sue me for slander. You don't seem to think the same applies to you. You have no proof of your claim.
    JW is a cult. Here is your "proof":

It denies that Christ is God the Son come in the flesh.

It accepts writings of men as being on the same level of authority or higher than the Bible.

It officially issues false prophecies, an example of which is that the author of "Harp of God," 'Judge Rutherford,' wrongly claimed in the 1921 text that "millions now living will never die..."

That's three witnesses, more than enough to condemn, with the Bible's standard of "two or three witnesses," Jehovah's Witnesses as a cult.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

glorydaz (December 29th, 2018),way 2 go (December 29th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    It'll be interesting to see your response to their Bible saying Jesus is A God.

You're still confused enough about that yourself.
    Not at all. I have repudiated that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For Your Post:

glorydaz (December 29th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We love to talk to people about what we believe, to show people that the lies told about Jehovah's Witnesses are just that; lies told by those who have nothing better to do than trash those who are simply trying to improve other's lives.

Try doing it without your iPad that they give you nowadays.

Go buy a New King James Bible at a nearby store and read through it.

Or do they prohibit that?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

glorydaz (December 29th, 2018),way 2 go (December 29th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Improving someone else's life is important if it is according to the truth. Otherwise it is pretend.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For Your Post:

glorydaz (December 29th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 717 Posts

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definition of cult

1 : a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious

Jehovah's Witnesses reject Jesus as God & say Jesus was a created being , JW's are a cult !

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to way 2 go For Your Post:

glorydaz (December 29th, 2018),JudgeRightly (December 29th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what you preach. I know it's a cult. You'll prove it yourself if you stick around.

So, why did you copy something by dcon, and then evade my questions about coming in pairs?
    dcon is one of my usernames, as is woodeneye. As for sticking around, I've been a Witness for 47 years and have never seen anything that would make me believe that you are correct. Since you're so intent on believing that we're part of a cult, put your money where your mouth is! I'm sure everyone here would like to see the results of your research. I know I would.

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dcon is one of my usernames, as is woodeneye. As for sticking around, I've been a Witness for 47 years and have never seen anything that would make me believe that you are correct. Since you're so intent on believing that we're part of a cult, put your money where your mouth is! I'm sure everyone here would like to see the results of your research. I know I would.

So you post under two names at the same time? Well, I'm glad you straightened that out.

My research is through personal observations and experiences...which are truly the best ways to see the JW's as they truly are. I'm not saying there aren't some sweet people who belong to your cult, but they are deceived into believing they must earn their way to salvation. It's an exclusive club that demands obedience to the church leaders rather than a believer walking by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (December 29th, 2018),way 2 go (December 30th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post
    Definition of cult

1 : a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious

Jehovah's Witnesses reject Jesus as God & say Jesus was a created being , JW's are a cult !
    The BIBLE says that Jesus was the first born creation of God, Col.1:15. In the KJV this reads: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature. Firstborn literally means the person born first to his/her parents. Jesus was the first personage born of his Father. If this still bothers you, you might want to author your own version of the Bible, so you can edit out anything you don't agree with.

Thanks

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The BIBLE says that Jesus was the first born creation of God, Col.1:15. In the KJV this reads: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature. Firstborn literally means the person born first to his/her parents. Jesus was the first personage born of his Father. If this still bothers you, you might want to author your own version of the Bible, so you can edit out anything you don't agree with.

The BIBLE also says that Jesus is the ONLY BEGOTTEN of the Father.

If ONLY the Father is God, then that means that the Bible is lying, because ADAM is ALSO begotten of the Father, as GOD (according to you, the Father) created Adam.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

way 2 go (December 30th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you post under two names at the same time? Well, I'm glad you straightened that out.

My research is through personal observations and experiences...which are truly the best ways to see the JW's as they truly are. I'm not saying there aren't some sweet people who belong to your cult, but they are deceived into believing they must earn their way to salvation. It's an exclusive club that demands obedience to the church leaders rather than a believer walking by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    Personal observations and experiences are not evidence of research. They are subjective, not objective. When gathering information on a particular subject, extensive investigation is required to call it research. Jehovah's Witnesses have always applied extensive investigation into the original writings of the scriptures. Many other religions have decided that researching a previous version of the Bible was sufficient enough to learn all they need to know to make themselves feel better about their beliefs.

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personal observations and experiences are not evidence of research. They are subjective, not objective. When gathering information on a particular subject, extensive investigation is required to call it research. Jehovah's Witnesses have always applied extensive investigation into the original writings of the scriptures. Many other religions have decided that researching a previous version of the Bible was sufficient enough to learn all they need to know to make themselves feel better about their beliefs.

Oh, I research the Bible. I just refuse to research your Bible for you.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (December 30th, 2018),way 2 go (December 30th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 717 Posts

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The BIBLE says that Jesus was the first born creation of God, Col.1:15. In the KJV this reads: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature. Firstborn literally means the person born first to his/her parents. Jesus was the first personage born of his Father.
    I know what it says it is your unorthodox \ spurious spin on it that makes JW's a cult

If this still bothers you, you might want to author your own version of the Bible, so you can edit out anything you don't agree with.

JW cult already did
    The New World Translation

John 1:1
    (NWT) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was a god

John 1:1
    (ERV) Before the world began, the Word was there. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    (ESV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    (KJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Thread Information