Thread: The Christian's Involvement In Governement

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    I'm sorry. If you don't have the time to explain your position using words, I don't have the time to figure out your cryptic answers.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 1,100 Posts

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by woodeneye View Post
    I'm sorry. If you don't have the time to explain your position using words, I don't have the time to figure out your cryptic answers.

Why are you answering for dcon? (sigh, so many usernames, so little memory).

https://biblehub.com/commentaries/deuteronomy/1-13.htm
    The very long history of Donald Trump's pro homosexual and transgender activism, before and during his Presidency, can be found on page 141, post # 2113 and #2114.
    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5336963
    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5336964

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    What if life isn't about taking authority? Just a question.
    It isn't, IMHO... it's about being obedient to God. He directed us to pray for those IN authority.

1 Timothy 2:1-4

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    Why are you answering for dcon? (sigh, so many usernames, so little memory).

https://biblehub.com/commentaries/deuteronomy/1-13.htm
    I have no idea. Both are correct, but shouldn't show up on the same site.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    It isn't, IMHO... it's about being obedient to God. He directed us to pray for those IN authority.

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    It doesn't mean that any of us are in authority, right?

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Praying for those in authority benefits Christian's because in some countries certain Christian organizations are under ban simply for preaching about God and his Kingdom. We pray that God might soften their hearts to allow believers to exercise their beliefs, and to assemble peacefully.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woodeneye For Your Post:

Aimiel (December 30th, 2018),Jacob (December 29th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't mean that any of us are in authority, right?
    Neither does it mean that we aren't. What's your point? Do you believe that Christians should be doormats? We should set the standard for the world to follow. We don't want war, don't seek war; but when a war is necessary, we win. It isn't God's Nature to take sides, but He does see to it that the desires of evil men are thwarted.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by woodeneye View Post
    Praying for those in authority benefits Christian's because in some countries certain Christian organizations are under ban simply for preaching about God and his Kingdom. We pray that God might soften their hearts to allow believers to exercise their beliefs, and to assemble peacefully.
    Amen.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Neither does it mean that we aren't. What's your point? Do you believe that Christians should be doormats? We should set the standard for the world to follow. We don't want war, don't seek war; but when a war is necessary, we win. It isn't God's Nature to take sides, but He does see to it that the desires of evil men are thwarted.
    I don't want to be seen as a push over. I just don't think my "rights" matter as much as obedience to God. God values me even if others don't. So what do we do when others are bullies or evil or something? Do we just stand back and watch? How do we engage the enemy when we are supposed to love them? Having enemies is one thing. Being a good neighbor to all people is another. So maybe if we love everyone no one will be an enemy. When it is personal is different than when there is evil that it is all it can be called. Still, what then?

What if all people just wait until war is necessary and then win? That would create wars.

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 693 Posts

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't God's Nature to take sides,
    Really?

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's obvious that God doesn't approve of lethal weapons. However, people are allowed to defend themselves.
    Isiah 2:4
    He will render judgment among the nations And set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore.
    Mic. 4:3
    He will render judgment among many peoples And set matters straight respecting mighty nations far away. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcon View Post
    It's obvious that God doesn't approve of lethal weapons. However, people are allowed to defend themselves.
    Isiah 2:4
    He will render judgment among the nations And set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore.
    Mic. 4:3
    He will render judgment among many peoples And set matters straight respecting mighty nations far away. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
    What allows me to defend myself?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahdog View Post
    Really?
    It isn't His Nature to take sides. If it were, He'd have made Israel the ruling power on earth by siding with the Israelites and taking over the Roman Empire and then the rest of the world. He doesn't come to take sides but to win hearts. It is the salvation of human souls that He is after. He is into redeeming men from sin and not being a talisman or team mascot.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to be seen as a push over. I just don't think my "rights" matter as much as obedience to God.
    Were that true, you wouldn't own a computer, because you'd have sold it to give to the poor. Yes, your rights matter; they matter to God, too. He wants you to prosper and be in health just as much as your soul prospers from you being saved.
    God values me even if others don't.
    Amen.
    So what do we do when others are bullies or evil or something?
    Personally, turn the other cheek. God's got your back. If you say you aren't a pushover, then you'll stand up for yourself and defend your life and your family's life; if you're charitable, you'll even do so for your neighbors or your nation.
    How do we engage the enemy when we are supposed to love them?
    We don't seek out ways to destroy, but rather do good to those who are our enemies. Giving them over to the authorities for incarceration (or execution, as required) isn't hate. God said that police and soldiers are His Ministers acting on our behalf.

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: for he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
    Having enemies is one thing. Being a good neighbor to all people is another. So maybe if we love everyone no one will be an enemy.
    Why didn't Winston Churchill or President Roosevelt think of that?!? Wow, you've really got something there.
    When it is personal is different than when there is evil that it is all it can be called. Still, what then? What if all people just wait until war is necessary and then win? That would create wars.
    Yes, I agree: evil people create wars. They will continue to do so until Jesus takes over this world. Until then: we will have to make this world as safe as we can by confronting evil in it's every form.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcon View Post
    If that were true, He never would have said: "But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

Thread Information