User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47

Thread: Ad on Theology Online: "Save Roe." What does it mean?

  1. #1
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,785
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 947 Times in 871 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Ad on Theology Online: "Save Roe." What does it mean?

    What does the "Save Roe." ad on Theology Online mean? I am against abortion. Is this a Planned Parenthood ad?

  2. #2
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    25,350
    Thanks
    4,003
    Thanked 9,614 Times in 7,164 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147783
    either that or caviar

  3. #3
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    964
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 68 Times in 59 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    If you visit the wrong websites, you get ads from them. As if you are interested in saving them.

  4. #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    5,908
    Thanks
    554
    Thanked 788 Times in 648 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    What does the "Save Roe." ad on Theology Online mean? I am against abortion. Is this a Planned Parenthood ad?
    Yes, its a Planned Parenthood ad

  5. #5
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,785
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 947 Times in 871 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    What is it about? Where does it fall flat?

  6. #6
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Under the Hill and Over the Hedge
    Posts
    909
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 461 Times in 331 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    151679
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    What is it about? Where does it fall flat?
    The ad is soliciting donations to support legal lobbying efforts to prevent the overturning of the Roe v Wade court decision either by legal action or legislative action. You are seeing it because you probably visit politically related websites so the advertising program is feeding you political ads.

  7. #7
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    25,350
    Thanks
    4,003
    Thanked 9,614 Times in 7,164 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147783
    jacob, it's unique to the surfing activity on your computer - i haven't seen it and i suspect many here haven't either

    my ad banner is full of trailer tire ads at the moment

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (December 27th, 2018)

  9. #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,785
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 947 Times in 871 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit the Coyote View Post
    The ad is soliciting donations to support legal lobbying efforts to prevent the overturning of the Roe v Wade court decision either by legal action or legislative action. You are seeing it because you probably visit politically related websites so the advertising program is feeding you political ads.
    Interesting. It is a public computer. I do visit Politics at Theology Online. I am not sure about that. Hey, overturning what?

  10. #9
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,785
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 947 Times in 871 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    jacob, it's unique to your surfing activity - i haven't seen it and i suspect many here haven't either

    my ad banner is full of trailer tire ads at the moment
    Interesting. Well, thank you. It is a public computer.

  11. #10
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    25,350
    Thanks
    4,003
    Thanked 9,614 Times in 7,164 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147783
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Interesting. It is a public computer. I do visit Politics at Theology Online. I am not sure about that. Hey, overturning what?
    roe v wade was the supreme court decision that allowed abortion

    overturning roe v wade will make abortion illegal again

  12. #11
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,785
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 947 Times in 871 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    roe v wade was the supreme court decision that allowed abortion

    overturning roe v wade will make abortion illegal again
    I thought courts and judges do not make law. A judge is supposed to interpret the law.

  13. #12
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Under the Hill and Over the Hedge
    Posts
    909
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 461 Times in 331 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    151679
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Interesting. It is a public computer. I do visit Politics at Theology Online. I am not sure about that. Hey, overturning what?
    Roe v Wade was a Supreme Court decision that established a legal balance between a woman's right to make decisions about the health and welfare of own body and life, specifically in relation to seeking an abortion; the state's right to regulate the medical procedure of abortion; and the potential rights of an unborn child. There are several groups that seek to have the case overturned as it effectively prevents the state from implementing a ban on all abortions.

  14. #13
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,785
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 947 Times in 871 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit the Coyote View Post
    Roe v Wade was a Supreme Court decision that established a legal balance between a woman's right to make decisions about the health and welfare of own body and life, specifically in relation to seeking an abortion; the state's right to regulate the medical procedure of abortion; and the potential rights of an unborn child. There are several groups that seek to have the case overturned as it effectively prevents the state from implementing a ban on all abortions.
    I believe that abortion is against the law. But appropriate legislation may make it so. Meaning, it is against God's Law. But courts do not determine law. They interpret it.

  15. #14
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    25,350
    Thanks
    4,003
    Thanked 9,614 Times in 7,164 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147783
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I thought courts and judges do not make law. A judge is supposed to interpret the law.
    well, yeah - that's the way it's supposed to work

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (December 27th, 2018)

  17. #15
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,785
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 947 Times in 871 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    well, yeah - that's the way it's supposed to work
    Hmm. Are you saying that it didn't work that way? Because that would be unlawful.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us