User Tag List

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 434

Thread: Ph.D in Pot & the G.H.W. Bush Legacy

  1. #76
    Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,708
    Thanks
    568
    Thanked 3,178 Times in 2,009 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    608400
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    I wonder how we would do that, and what "drugs" are we talking about having a war against?[
    @JudgeRightly, maybe you can answer this question

    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    It's looking like big Pharma is responsible for a whole lot of deaths.
    Totally!
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

  2. #77
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,206
    Thanks
    31,474
    Thanked 8,022 Times in 5,097 Posts

    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147626
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    @JudgeRightly, maybe you can answer this question



    Totally!
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    I wonder how we would do that, and what "drugs" are we talking about having a war against?

    It's looking like big Pharma is responsible for a whole lot of deaths.
    Anything that the normal use of produces an immediate high should be made a strictly controlled substance, if not outright illegal (depending on what it is).

    Recreational use should not be allowed.

  3. #78
    Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,708
    Thanks
    568
    Thanked 3,178 Times in 2,009 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    608400
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Anything that the normal use of produces an immediate high should be made a strictly controlled substance, if not outright illegal (depending on what it is).

    Recreational use should not be allowed.
    Is this a preference they be illegal or is there biblical warrant?
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

  4. #79
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,206
    Thanks
    31,474
    Thanked 8,022 Times in 5,097 Posts

    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147626
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Nope. I've had stuff from Oregon and Colorado with up to 25%+ THC. And just one puff isn't going to get you "high." Now if you're talking about joints that have been infused with concentrates, that is another matter. But I haven't messed with that stuff.
    Still doesn't change the fact that you're trying to make your argument on anecdotal evidence.

    Which just doesn't fly here.

  5. #80
    Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,708
    Thanks
    568
    Thanked 3,178 Times in 2,009 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    608400
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post

    Recreational use should not be allowed.
    Right now it isn't....you catch someone breaking this so called law, and your the judge, what do you do?
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

  6. #81
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,206
    Thanks
    31,474
    Thanked 8,022 Times in 5,097 Posts

    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147626
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    Is this a preference they be illegal or is there biblical warrant?
    I recommend you go read http://kgov.com/pot.

    You'll find it far more informative than my tired brain can be right now.

  7. #82
    Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,708
    Thanks
    568
    Thanked 3,178 Times in 2,009 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    608400
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    I recommend you go read http://kgov.com/pot.

    You'll find it far more informative than my tired brain can be right now.
    Not interested in Enyart's take.....Ive been where you are, believing everything the man said. Im interested in your take, so I will wait..
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to drbrumley For Your Post:

    WizardofOz (December 10th, 2018)

  9. #83
    Over 2000 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,275
    Thanks
    552
    Thanked 495 Times in 351 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    234179
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Still doesn't change the fact that you're trying to make your argument on anecdotal evidence.

    Which just doesn't fly here.
    What doesn't fly is your lack of personal observation or experience, which leads you to draw erroneous conclusions about cannabis based on skewed reporting that has more in common with the "Reefer Madness" movie than with reality.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to User Name For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (December 17th, 2018)

  11. #84
    Over 2000 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,275
    Thanks
    552
    Thanked 495 Times in 351 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    234179

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to User Name For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (December 17th, 2018),WizardofOz (December 10th, 2018)

  13. #85
    Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,708
    Thanks
    568
    Thanked 3,178 Times in 2,009 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    608400
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    He isn't going to believe it....
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

  14. #86
    LIFETIME MEMBER steko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    13,780
    Thanks
    29,315
    Thanked 22,226 Times in 12,143 Posts

    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147724
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I DID address your argument. You claimed, "But one inhale on a joint of weed is enough to produce a high." And I told you that isn't true, plain and simple. Got any more arguments?
    Depends on the sensitivity of the user and the potency of the weed.

    One puff in '67 was not enough but one puff in '78 after years of Yogic purification and meditation was more than enough.
    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (December 10th, 2018),ok doser (December 10th, 2018),Tambora (December 21st, 2018)

  16. #87
    Over 2000 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,275
    Thanks
    552
    Thanked 495 Times in 351 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    234179
    Quote Originally Posted by steko View Post
    Depends on the sensitivity of the user and the potency of the weed.

    One puff in '67 was not enough but one puff in '78 after years of Yogic purification and meditation was more than enough.
    I'll take your word for that, but I've never seen it or experienced it for myself, so I would have to say that such cases are the exception rather than the rule. (Certainly, most people have never done years of Yogic purification.)

  17. #88
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,206
    Thanks
    31,474
    Thanked 8,022 Times in 5,097 Posts

    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147626
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I'll take your word for that, but I've never seen it or experienced it for myself, so I would have to say that such cases are the exception rather than the rule. (Certainly, most people have never done years of Yogic purification.)
    Which is why anecdotal evidence is not good enough to defend a position.

    But you seem to keep ignoring that.
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    He isn't going to believe it....
    What I believe has nothing to do with it.

    Facts are where it's at.
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I have already said and conceded that pot has medicinal uses. But that's not what we're discussing.

    I also said that it SHOULD NOT be self-prescribed or an over-the-counter drug. It should only be mercifully prescribed by a doctor to those who need it.

    Here is why it should be controlled:

    People who smoke pot are two and a half times more likely to be violent.

    Teens who smoke pot regularly are 26 TIMES more likely to start using other drugs.

    People who smoke pot are nearly 5 TIMES more likely to have a heart attack within the first hour of use.

    Pot use restricts blood flow to the brain, especially in the memory/dementia region.

    Pot users are more likely to be losers.

    Pot mutates one's DNA.

    Just one minute of secondhand smoke from marijuana (let alone actually smoking it yourself) impairs endothelial function.

    Smoking pot harms eyesight by damaging the nerves that connect your retinas to your visual cortex.

    Strong pot yields hallucination, paranoia, and schizophrenia in nearly a quarter of those newly diagnosed

    100 varieties of pot damage nerve fibres that handle the flow of messages across the two halves of the brain.

    And there are many other reasons besides these 10 at http://kgov.com/pot.

  18. #89
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,206
    Thanks
    31,474
    Thanked 8,022 Times in 5,097 Posts

    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147626
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    Right now it isn't....
    At the rate this country is going, that's where we're headed.

    you catch someone breaking this so called law, and your the judge, what do you do?
    Have them flogged for putting society and those around them at risk.

    Say, 5 lashes if they're a first time offender. 20 for second time, 40 for third, and execution for any time after that, because they clearly are unwilling to comply with the demands of society.

  19. #90
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    18,308
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 11,951 Times in 8,540 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147841
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    EVOLUTION!!
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    fool (December 10th, 2018),JudgeRightly (December 10th, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us