User Tag List

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 434

Thread: Ph.D in Pot & the G.H.W. Bush Legacy

  1. #61
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,137
    Thanks
    31,358
    Thanked 7,993 Times in 5,071 Posts

    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147625
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    In the not-too-distant future, most if not all cars will be self-driving, at which point being sober or intoxicated won't be an issue in this regard.
    Sure it will.

    Drunk (and high) people can still walk in front of self-driving cars...

  2. #62
    Over 2000 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,275
    Thanks
    552
    Thanked 495 Times in 351 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    234179
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    So you're not going to address the argument I presented?

    Typical.
    I DID address your argument. You claimed, "But one inhale on a joint of weed is enough to produce a high." And I told you that isn't true, plain and simple. Got any more arguments?

  3. #63
    Over 2000 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,275
    Thanks
    552
    Thanked 495 Times in 351 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    234179
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Drunk (and high) people can still walk in front of self-driving cars...
    Ah, I see your problem. You are equating drunkenness with a marijuana high. Those two things are nowhere near the same. You are speaking out of ignorance here. Come back after you've had some personal experience or made some personal observations with cannabis and then you'll know what you're talking about.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to User Name For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (December 17th, 2018)

  5. #64
    Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,702
    Thanks
    568
    Thanked 3,178 Times in 2,009 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    608399
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Sure it will.

    Drunk (and high) people can still walk in front of self-driving cars...
    As Dr. Rogers explained....There are always consequences for your choices. Always. If you choose to step off the roof of a ten-story building, you are not then free to choose the consequence of your choice. Your choice has chosen for you.
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

  6. #65
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,137
    Thanks
    31,358
    Thanked 7,993 Times in 5,071 Posts

    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147625
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I DID address your argument. You claimed, "But one inhale on a joint of weed is enough to produce a high." And I told you that isn't true, plain and simple. Got any more arguments?
    And I responded that anecdotal evidence is not sufficient.

    Perhaps you had some weed that doesn't give a high.

    It does exist..

  7. #66
    Over 2000 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,275
    Thanks
    552
    Thanked 495 Times in 351 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    234179
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    And I responded that anecdotal evidence is not sufficient.

    Perhaps you had some weed that doesn't give a high.

    It does exist..
    Not with just one puff from a joint.

  8. #67
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,137
    Thanks
    31,358
    Thanked 7,993 Times in 5,071 Posts

    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147625
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Ah, I see your problem. You are equating drunkenness with a marijuana high.
    Uh, no, I did not specify what drug the high is caused by.

    Those two things are nowhere near the same. You are speaking out of ignorance here. Come back after you've had some personal experience or made some personal observations with cannabis and then you'll know what you're talking about.
    I don't need to.

    I have plenty of studies and research papers that show that pot is dangerous to those who use it as a recreational drug.

    Being drunk and being high are BOTH being intoxicated.

    Both make one a liability to oneself and to those around him.

    Which is why BOTH should be illegal.

  9. #68
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,137
    Thanks
    31,358
    Thanked 7,993 Times in 5,071 Posts

    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147625
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Not with just one puff from a joint.
    There is such a thing as pot that doesn't produce a high. It's possible you had one of those joints.

    Which, again, is why anecdotal evidence is not sufficient for an argument.

  10. #69
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    24,579
    Thanks
    3,638
    Thanked 8,969 Times in 6,656 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147773
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    You claimed, "But one inhale on a joint of weed is enough to produce a high." And I told you that isn't true, plain and simple.
    it was for some poeple, back in the day when thc levels were much lower than they are now

    and for others, a whole joint had no effect

    in general, the more marijuana exposure, the lower your reaction times, the greater the diminishment of judgement and the greater frequency and magnitude of poor choices

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (December 9th, 2018)

  12. #70
    Over 2000 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,275
    Thanks
    552
    Thanked 495 Times in 351 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    234179
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    There is such a thing as pot that doesn't produce a high. It's possible you had one of those joints.

    Which, again, is why anecdotal evidence is not sufficient for an argument.
    Nope. I've had stuff from Oregon and Colorado with up to 25%+ THC. And just one puff isn't going to get you "high." Now if you're talking about joints that have been infused with concentrates, that is another matter. But I haven't messed with that stuff.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to User Name For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (December 17th, 2018),glorydaz (December 9th, 2018)

  14. #71
    Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,702
    Thanks
    568
    Thanked 3,178 Times in 2,009 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    608399
    Should Christians Support the War on Drugs?
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

  15. #72
    Over 2000 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,275
    Thanks
    552
    Thanked 495 Times in 351 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    234179
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    it was for some poeple, back in the day when thc levels were much lower than they are now

    and for others, a whole joint had no effect
    A tricky thing about illegal weed is you never know what it might be laced with. This was especially true back in the day.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to User Name For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (December 17th, 2018),glorydaz (December 9th, 2018)

  17. #73
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,589
    Thanks
    16,935
    Thanked 40,112 Times in 20,049 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147828
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    With the way some of these people drive, not really.

    Though, it is true that I would be less at risk of injury, but as far as legal consequences are concerned, I have to be the most careful and alert or else the idiots' lawyers will nail me to the wall even if I'm not at fault.

    Yeah, too many idiot lawyers which is why it's hard to count on the law.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (December 9th, 2018),Tambora (December 21st, 2018)

  19. #74
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,589
    Thanks
    16,935
    Thanked 40,112 Times in 20,049 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147828
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    A tricky think about illegal weed is you never know what it might be laced with. This was especially true back in the day.
    The remedy, of course, is to grow it yourself or trust your source.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    fool (December 10th, 2018),Tambora (December 21st, 2018),User Name (December 9th, 2018)

  21. #75
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,589
    Thanks
    16,935
    Thanked 40,112 Times in 20,049 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147828
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    Should Christians Support the War on Drugs?
    I wonder how we would do that, and what "drugs" are we talking about having a war against?

    It's looking like big Pharma is responsible for a whole lot of deaths.

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    fool (December 10th, 2018),Tambora (December 21st, 2018),WizardofOz (December 10th, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us