User Tag List

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

Thread: To Those Who Think Adulterers, Homosexuals, Fornicators etc...

Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,173 Times in 4,792 Posts

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Good grief, Arty. Do you not even bother to study what God's word says?

The word is "defile."

Strong's h6031

- Lexical: עָנָה
    - Transliteration: anah
    - Part of Speech: Verb
    - Phonetic Spelling: aw-naw'
    - Definition: defile.
    - Origin: A primitive root (possibly rather ident. With anah through the idea of looking down or browbeating); to depress literally or figuratively, transitive or intransitive (in various applications, as follows).
    - Usage: abase self, afflict(-ion, self), answer (by mistake for anah), chasten self, deal hardly with, defile, exercise, force, gentleness, humble (self), hurt, ravish, sing (by mistake for anah), speak (by mistake for anah), submit self, weaken, X in any wise.
    - Translated as (count): afflict (4), and you shall afflict (4), to afflict (4), was afflicted (3), and afflicted (2), and shall afflict (2), do afflict (2), he has humbled (2), to be exercised (2), you afflict (2), you shall afflict (2), abase (1), afflicted (1), and afflict (1), and afflict them (1), and afflict us (1), and afflicted them (1), and afflicted us (1), and dealt so harshly (1), and defile (1), and defiled her (1), And he humbled (1), and humble you (1), and submit (1), and they shall afflict (1), and Though I have afflicted (1), and to chasten yourself (1), and You have afflicted (1), answers (1), are afflicted (1), be afflicted (1), do I will afflict (1), force me (1), forced her (1), have they forced (1), have we afflicted (1), he had forced (1), he might humble you (1), He weakened (1), his afflictions (1), humble (1), I am afflicted (1), I been afflicted (1), I humbled (1), in any way (1), in you has humbled (1), in you have they humbled (1), Leannoth (1), of those who afflicted (1), that afflict (1), that he forced (1), that we might afflict ourselves (1), the afflicted (1), they afflicted (1), they hurt (1), They ravished (1), they were afflicted (1), they were troubled (1), to humble (1), to humble yourself (1), you do afflict (1), You have afflicted (1), you have afflicted me (1), you have been afflicted (1), you have humbled (1).

By raping a woman, or fornicating with her, or committing adultery with her, a man defiles her, especially in the eyes of God.

That's what it means for a woman to be humbled in this context.
    What, and she has to pay the penalty for being married to the guy?! That's what you advocate on here among other things...

Well this is fun isn't it?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

Rusha (December 3rd, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Captivating an audience is force? "can I have your attention, please" is force?

Tell me Arty, do you interpret everything in the Bible to the extreme so you can mock it? Or are you just that ignorant of what words mean?
    Dude, if you need the difference explained to you regarding the physical and metaphorical then this convo isn't going anywhere fast...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,040 Times in 4,438 Posts

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Oh, and let's just concede that there are going to be two willing participants in this "seizure/capture" often enough.
    I mean, it literally says, "AND THEY ARE FOUND OUT"...

"it's obvious"

What about the ones where the woman has had sex forced on her.
    Well that's when you put the rapist (because that's what he is) to death.

How are you going to determine the difference via OT law? Do tell...
    Try reading your Bible, it'll help.

Or do you even have a Bible?

Thanks

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How would you define "seized"? Cos that smacks of force.
    It means that he seized her. She is unmarried. Not engaged or betrothed. He must have used some kind of force, but I do not know if she is a willing participant. Force used would not be good. Her not being married might have something to do with it, even her being seized.

Thanks

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I mean, it literally says, "AND THEY ARE FOUND OUT"...

"it's obvious"

Well that's when you put the rapist (because that's what he is) to death.

Try reading your Bible, it'll help.

Or do you even have a Bible?
    How about you just explain how it can be determined that such cases can be construed as consensual or forced via your proposals for society? Aka the whole no need for concrete proof but two to three witnesses etc?

Or just carry on with your kiddy emoticons...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about you just explain how it can be determined that such cases can be construed as consensual or forced via your proposals for society? Aka the whole no need for concrete proof but two to three witnesses etc?

Or just carry on with your kiddy emoticons...
    I'll go through the last few posts more thoroughly tomorrow.

Right now, I'm getting ready for bed.

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,372 Times in 4,744 Posts

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    artie whines:
    ....no need for concrete ....
    JR tolerantly and patiently responds:
    Right now, I'm getting ready for bed.
    i just mixed and poured seven bags of concrete and am going back out to cover the pours with plastic and clean up my tools, so i can fully sympathize with your unwillingness to address the idiocy upon which this thread is predicated

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (December 3rd, 2018),way 2 go (December 6th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good grief, Arty. Do you not even bother to study what God's word says?
    no, he doesn't

Tell me Arty, do you interpret everything in the Bible to the extreme so you can mock it? Or are you just that ignorant of what words mean?
    both

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (December 3rd, 2018)

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you'll find, if you were to actually do ANY decent amount of study on how women were treated in the Bible, that God values women far higher than you do.
    Didn't Jacob work for 14 years for the right to marry Rachel? That means women are truly honored above and beyond the call of duty.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to joeyarnoldvn For Your Post:

ok doser (December 6th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “If a man entices a virgin who is not betrothed, and lies with her, he shall surely pay the bride-price for her to be his wife.If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money according to the bride-price of virgins. - Exodus 22:16-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...7&version=NKJV

“If a man finds a young woman who is a virgin, who is not betrothed, and he seizes her and lies with her, and they are found out,then the man who lay with her shall give to the young woman’s father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife because he has humbled her; he shall not be permitted to divorce her all his days. - Deuteronomy 22:28-29 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...9&version=NKJV
    Exodus and Deuteronomy are saying the same thing, the father is just lost in the context of the latter. The father would never give his daughter over to her rapist and those fifty shekels were the compensation either in refusal or in bride-price.
    The reason the father was given an option nonetheless was so in the event that an otherwise unwanted or poor woman was taken by a wealthy man she could maybe go on and carry on her father's name in in higher legacy.

‘The man who commits adultery with another man’s wife, he who commits adultery with his neighbor’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress, shall surely be put to death. - Leviticus 20:10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...0&version=NKJV
    1000's of years ago that was maybe a bit more appropriate.
    To do it now is just dumb and unnecessary. There's a reason why we stopped doing that a very, very long time ago and it wasn't because we were 'against God'.
    Also
    "Let he without sin cast the first stone" was Jesus' response to people dragging a woman to be stoned for it. You're just abusing the concept of the Law to be hostile to others.

Thanks

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crucifer View Post
    Exodus and Deuteronomy are saying the same thing, the father is just lost in the context of the latter. The father would never give his daughter over to her rapist and those fifty shekels were the compensation either in refusal or in bride-price.
    The reason the father was given an option nonetheless was so in the event that an otherwise unwanted or poor woman was taken by a wealthy man she could maybe go on and carry on her father's name in in higher legacy.
    You're correct that those two passages are saying the same thing...

But neither of them have anything to do with rape.

If you would have read in Deuteronomy 22:25-27, you would know that, as rape is specifically mentioned in those three verses, separate from 28-29.

To do it now is just dumb and unnecessary. There's a reason why we stopped doing that a very, very long time ago and it wasn't because we were 'against God'.
    Also
    "Let he without sin cast the first stone" was Jesus' response to people dragging a woman to be stoned for it.
    The woman was found not guilty due to a lack of witnesses.

But you don't even bother reading God's word, do you?

You're just abusing the concept of the Law to be hostile to others.
    Calling God's laws and demands for justice "dumb and unnecessary" isn't going to do you any favors come judgment day.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crucifer View Post

Also
    "Let he without sin cast the first stone" was Jesus' response to people dragging a woman to be stoned for it. You're just abusing the concept of the Law to be hostile to others.
    You're correct that those two passages are saying the same thing...

But neither of them have anything to do with rape.

If you would have read in Deuteronomy 22:25-27, you would know that, as rape is specifically mentioned in those three verses, separate from 28-29.

The woman was found not guilty due to a lack of witnesses.

But you don't even bother reading God's word, do you?

Calling God's laws and demands for justice "dumb and unnecessary" isn't going to do you any favors come judgment day.
    Here, something for you to read while you're on vacation from TOL:

https://cbmw.org/topics/sex/did-old-...ry-her-rapist/

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    i don't get the impression that crucifer is smart enough to figure out how to read the site while he's banned

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (December 7th, 2018)

Thread Information