Thanks
    Thanked 3,869 Times in 2,892 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    All religions have evolved from Judaism, Judaism was a religion of law. The Pharisees practiced law keeping. Some of them even tithed down to the mint in their gardens, Matthew 23:23. This was their religion, was it not?

All organized churches have by laws. When you join an organized church you are required to abide by their by laws, are you not? If you don't abide by their laws they will kick you out. In the Catholic church it is called anathema.

If I joined your Presbyterian Church and started to teach against predestination would they not kick me out? Of course they would. Whatever church you belong to you must abide by their laws and their doctrines. This is the exact thing that Paul taught against. Being subject to laws, rules and ordinances, Colossians 2:20-22.
    Your point about the Law and Religion basically meaning the same thing was valid.

But all you had to do was quote the Scripture - let it prove them wrong against your point.

Just a few examples showing your point is valid.

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

An example of said judgment, mercy, and faith, being...

James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Paul also agrees with your point - The Jew's Religion: The Law...

Galatians 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: 1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

Philippians 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Romans 5:6-8.

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    Your point about the Law and Religion basically meaning the same thing was valid.

But all you had to do was quote the Scripture - let it prove them wrong against your point.

Just a few examples showing your point is valid.

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

An example of said judgment, mercy, and faith, being...

James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Paul also agrees with your point - The Jew's Religion: The Law...

Galatians 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: 1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

Philippians 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Romans 5:6-8.
    Twisting scriptures as you do there is no need of Grace...as the Law is abolished...

No Law? What need of Grace?

It does explain the lawlessness of so many Christians...

If His Eternal Law could be removed you would think He would have done so before His Son had to die...

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nevertheless, the words law and religion are related. Those that are religious have a law based theology, this is what makes them religious. You cannot separate the two words because they are related when it comes to religion. If you don't like being called religious stop living by law.
    Nevertheless as in no big deal? Nevertheless as in it's better to change God's word than to be called "religious" where the word "religious" can have any old meaning?
    Omniscience limited
    Prophetic guesses
    Election by observation
    No future yet

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,472 Posts

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fishrovmen View Post
    Nevertheless as in no big deal? Nevertheless as in it's better to change God's word than to be called "religious" where the word "religious" can have any old meaning?
    If it is religion, it is of the law. If it is of the law, it is religion.

The worst part is that whether it be of the law or of religion it is under the judgment of God, Galatians 3:10.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,437 Times in 2,353 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pate

Nevertheless, the words law and religion are related. Those that are religious have a law based theology, this is what makes them religious. You cannot separate the two words because they are related when it comes to religion. If you don't like being called religious stop living by law.
    Like pateism, either do or die. Thats a law based principle that you cloak behind the Gospel of Gods Grace. Dont you teach that sinners Christ died for are lost until they do something ? And if they dont do it they are lost and condemned ? I know you teach that.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

6. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (November 26th, 2018)

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    pate

Like pateism, either do or die. Thats a law based principle that you cloak behind the Gospel of Gods Grace. Dont you teach that sinners Christ died for are lost until they do something ? And if they dont do it they are lost and condemned ? I know you teach that.

John 1:12. You need to receive him as your savior. John Calvin can't save you.

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before a person has been made Spiritual in New Birth, his own receiving of Christ is merely a work of the flesh that cannot please God.

Rom. 8:8-9

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1 Cor. 2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (November 26th, 2018)

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    Before a person has been made Spiritual in New Birth, his own receiving of Christ is merely a work of the flesh that cannot please God.

Rom. 8:8-9

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1 Cor. 2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Everyone that was saved in the New Testament were saved because they heard and believed the Gospel, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

The scripture says that..."Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

You don't believe this. If you did you would not be a Calvinist. So you are the natural person that cannot receive the things of God, 2 Corinthians 2:14.

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone that was saved in the New Testament were saved because they heard and believed the Gospel, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

The scripture says that..."Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

You don't believe this. If you did you would not be a Calvinist. So you are the natural person that cannot receive the things of God, 2 Corinthians 2:14.

Pate is in error !

Before a person can hear the Gospel in order to believe/ have Faith they must first be "of God" / Born of the Spirit of God Gal. 5:22 to hear God's Words.

John 8:43, 47

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post

Pate is in error !

Before a person can hear the Gospel in order to believe/ have Faith they must first be "of God" / Born of the Spirit of God Gal. 5:22 to hear God's Words.

John 8:43, 47

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Jesus was speaking to the unbelieving Pharisees. You cannot apply that to everyone.

On the day of Pentecost 8,000 heard and believed Peter's Gospel, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

Which proves that... "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

No one is zapped with the Holy Spirit in the New Testament. You must hear and believe the Gospel.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your doctrine is law preaching!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus was speaking to the unbelieving Pharisees. You cannot apply that to everyone.

On the day of Pentecost 8,000 heard and believed Peter's Gospel, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

Which proves that... "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

No one is zapped with the Holy Spirit in the New Testament. You must hear and believe the Gospel.
    You and your do or die law gospel.

Charles Spurgeon !

15. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You and your do or die law gospel.

It is according to the word of God. It is the Gospel of grace.

"In whom you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, THE GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION: in whom also after that YOU BELIEVED, you were sealed with the with the Holy Spirit of promise" Ephesians 1:13.

You have never heard, nor have you believed.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is according to the word of God. It is the Gospel of grace.

"In whom you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, THE GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION: in whom also after that YOU BELIEVED, you were sealed with the with the Holy Spirit of promise" Ephesians 1:13.

You have never heard, nor have you believed.
    You crack me up and should be ashamed of yourself for doing the very thing you condemned others of doing !

Charles Spurgeon !

18. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You crack me up and should be ashamed of yourself for doing the very thing you condemned others of doing !

Did that come from you? How can you even talk without a free will? Perhaps the devil said it.

Thread Information