Thanks
    Thanked 39,902 Times in 19,918 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    You dont believe Rom 4:25. You teach there's sinners Christ was delivered for and raised again for who are condemned don't you ?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    Who you talkin' to, Willis?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Right Divider (November 26th, 2018),Tambora (November 25th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,229 Times in 2,145 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    You want to play dodge ball now

"... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,902 Times in 19,918 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    You want to play dodge ball now

Hard to do over the web.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Tambora (November 25th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Talking to you !

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    I have been wrongfully accused of teaching heresy. I do not teach heresy, I teach what the Bible says, I believe the same Gospel that the apostle Paul preached.
    Luke wrote his Gospel, and Acts, with Paul's help. What if Paul always meant the Gospel of Luke, whenever he said 'my Gospel?'

Romans 2:16 KJV Romans 16:25 KJV 2nd Timothy 2:8 KJV 1st Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV 1st Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Does the Gospel of Luke fit all of those scriptures?

-idea taken from Eusebius, diocesan bishop of Caesarea, 300s
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

@Nee_Nihilo

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is supposed to be a Forum. Where is your refutal of my opening post. If you were as spiritual as you think that you are you would be able to do that with plenty of scripture references. Instead all that you have is hot air and insults. Perhaps you are under conviction.
    My post explains why you are continually accused of being a heretic.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robert,
    Can we go back to post #7 and discuss what you wrote? Do you have any interest in explaining to any length possible what your interpretation was of what I wrote in post #3?
    Do you understand that in order to have discussion, there has to be understanding of what is being said, regardless of which party (or both) are unclear?
    Do you have the desire, the time, the ability, the patience to engage in this?
    I am just looking for a simple yes or no.
    Thanks
    Omniscience limited
    Prophetic guesses
    Election by observation
    No future yet

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,472 Posts

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    Luke wrote his Gospel, and Acts, with Paul's help. What if Paul always meant the Gospel of Luke, whenever he said 'my Gospel?'

Romans 2:16 KJV Romans 16:25 KJV 2nd Timothy 2:8 KJV 1st Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV 1st Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Does the Gospel of Luke fit all of those scriptures?

-idea taken from Eusebius, diocesan bishop of Caesarea, 300s
    Luke and the other apostles did not know or understand all that Jesus had accomplished in his life, death and resurrection until the day of Pentecost Acts chapter 2. Paul also taught the apostles the Gospel that he had received from Jesus, Galatians 1:11,12.

When Paul referred to "my Gospel" he meant the Gospel that he received from Jesus, Galatians 1:11,12.

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fishrovmen View Post
    Robert,
    Can we go back to post #7 and discuss what you wrote? Do you have any interest in explaining to any length possible what your interpretation was of what I wrote in post #3?
    Do you understand that in order to have discussion, there has to be understanding of what is being said, regardless of which party (or both) are unclear?
    Do you have the desire, the time, the ability, the patience to engage in this?
    I am just looking for a simple yes or no.
    Thanks

Sure, I think that words "law" and "religion" basically mean the same thing. When one is doing the law they are doing their religion. When they are doing their religion they are doing the law.

All religions are law based. You cannot join the organized church and be free from their laws. Example. If you join the Baptist church you must be baptized and agree to abide by their laws and rules. The Catholic church is full of laws and rules. If you don't abide by them or their doctrine you are anathema.
    Last edited by Robert Pate; November 25th, 2018 at 09:32 AM.

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 2,294 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sure, I think that words "law" and "religion" basically mean the same thing.
    Well, Robert, the words are not synonyms, and as long as you continue to use them as such you are going to find yourself on the receiving end of much disagreement and rancor, especially when you use your personal definition of "religion" as a cudgel.

Beware of the appeal of being in the minority. It often tickles one's itching ears, leading to thinking one is in possession of some special knowledge the rest around them lack.

AMR
    Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ask Mr. Religion For Your Post:

Right Divider (November 26th, 2018)

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    Well, Robert, the words are not synonyms, and as long as you continue to use them as such you are going to find yourself on the receiving end of much disagreement and rancor, especially when you use your personal definition of "religion" as a cudgel.

Beware of the appeal of being in the minority. It often tickles one's itching ears, leading to thinking one is in possession of some special knowledge the rest around them lack.

AMR

All religions have evolved from Judaism, Judaism was a religion of law. The Pharisees practiced law keeping. Some of them even tithed down to the mint in their gardens, Matthew 23:23. This was their religion, was it not?

All organized churches have by laws. When you join an organized church you are required to abide by their by laws, are you not? If you don't abide by their laws they will kick you out. In the Catholic church it is called anathema.

If I joined your Presbyterian Church and started to teach against predestination would they not kick me out? Of course they would. Whatever church you belong to you must abide by their laws and their doctrines. This is the exact thing that Paul taught against. Being subject to laws, rules and ordinances, Colossians 2:20-22.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All religions have evolved from Judaism
    Including pateism!

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, I think that words "law" and "religion" basically mean the same thing. When one is doing the law they are doing their religion. When they are doing their religion they are doing the law.

All religions are law based. You cannot join the organized church and be free from their laws. Example. If you join the Baptist church you must be baptized and agree to abide by their laws and rules. The Catholic church is full of laws and rules. If you don't abide by them or their doctrine you are anathema.
    I am glad that you are interested in discussion.
    When you posted your first post, you quote Romans 3:20 which includes the English word "law". Then you immediately make a comment using the word law that you say is "any religious thing that one might do".
    So you seem to be implying that the Greek word "nomou" which is translated into English as "law" in Romans 3:20 can be replaced with the word "religion" per your comment in post #7 where you say "The scripture could also say, "Therefore by the deeds of religion there shall no flesh be justified in his sight".
    Is this correct?
    Omniscience limited
    Prophetic guesses
    Election by observation
    No future yet

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All religions have evolved from Judaism, Judaism was a religion of law. The Pharisees practiced law keeping. Some of them even tithed down to the mint in their gardens, Matthew 23:23. This was their religion, was it not?

All organized churches have by laws. When you join an organized church you are required to abide by their by laws, are you not? If you don't abide by their laws they will kick you out. In the Catholic church it is called anathema.

If I joined your Presbyterian Church and started to teach against predestination would they not kick me out? Of course they would. Whatever church you belong to you must abide by their laws and their doctrines. This is the exact thing that Paul taught against. Being subject to laws, rules and ordinances, Colossians 2:20-22.
    Paul asked why subjegate yourself to the laws “according to the commandments and doctrines OF MEN??”

He did NOT teach “do what thou whilst”...

It remains “here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith of Yahushua”...jews are only keeping something close to that faith...

Your “lawlessness” is not advocated in the New Covenant...

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fishrovmen View Post
    I am glad that you are interested in discussion.
    When you posted your first post, you quote Romans 3:20 which includes the English word "law". Then you immediately make a comment using the word law that you say is "any religious thing that one might do".
    So you seem to be implying that the Greek word "nomou" which is translated into English as "law" in Romans 3:20 can be replaced with the word "religion" per your comment in post #7 where you say "The scripture could also say, "Therefore by the deeds of religion there shall no flesh be justified in his sight".
    Is this correct?
    Yes, by the deeds of the law or religion no flesh will be justified in his sight. Let me define the word religion. RELIGION: man's preoccupation with his own spirituality, which is himself. Paul used the word religion to describe his life as a Pharisee, Acts 26:5.

Religion is not of faith. Religious people usually have faith in their religion, this is why they join a religious church or a religious organization. When the Bible speaks of faith it is not faith in a religion, it is always faith in Christ. When Paul said, "The Just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. He meant by faith in Christ and his Gospel.

Thread Information