TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    I made a mistake. The mistake has been corrected.
    Your mistake is simple. You are attempting to communicate spiritual truth but you lack a spiritual vocabulary. Everything you try and convey is done parrot fashion so you have words but with no understanding of context.

You are like a small child drawing joined up scribbles along a line on a page and insisting that it is "real writing".
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,777 Times in 1,473 Posts

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    Your mistake is simple. You are attempting to communicate spiritual truth but you lack a spiritual vocabulary. Everything you try and convey is done parrot fashion so you have words but with no understanding of context.

You are like a small child drawing joined up scribbles along a line on a page and insisting that it is "real writing".

This is supposed to be a Forum. Where is your refutal of my opening post. If you were as spiritual as you think that you are you would be able to do that with plenty of scripture references. Instead all that you have is hot air and insults. Perhaps you are under conviction.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Pate For Your Post:

glorydaz (November 24th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,135 Times in 20,063 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    And yet Paul says that's what he preached to them, which they believed and by which they were saved. I'll believe Paul over you.

Do you still claim that those who reject vicarious lawkeeping are not saved?
    One is left to wonder why we are crucified with Christ if He lived a righteous life for us?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

musterion (November 24th, 2018),Right Divider (November 26th, 2018),Tambora (November 25th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,982 Times in 11,989 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    One is left to wonder why we are crucified with Christ if He lived a righteous life for us?

If Christ lived a perfectly righteous, sinless life specifically FOR us, because we cannot, then it follows that He fulfilled all of God's righteous demands on us by His life, since He walked perfectly on our behalf.

Meaning there'd be nothing left to offend God.

In that case, there was no need for Him to die FOR us because He died to save those He'd already justified by His life . . .

. . .making the cross of no effect.

It's a not so subtle denial of the saving Gospel.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

glorydaz (November 24th, 2018),Right Divider (November 24th, 2018),Tambora (November 25th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,982 Times in 11,989 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Someone (maybe me, can't recall) pointed out before that the gospel of Pate is eerily similar to the Mormon gospel which says the work of salvation was actually wrought pre-cross in the garden. Pate backs it up even further than that.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

glorydaz (November 24th, 2018),Tambora (November 25th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Christ lived a perfectly righteous, sinless life specifically FOR us, because we cannot, then it follows that He fulfilled all of God's righteous demands on us by His life, since He walked perfectly on our behalf.

In that case, there was no need for Him to die FOR us because He died to save those He'd already justified by His life . . .

Well put, Musty.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Right Divider (November 24th, 2018),Tambora (November 25th, 2018)

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All that Jesus is and all that he has done was done for our salvation and justification. If you don't believe that you really have no right to call yourself a Christian. To not believe this leaves a void in your doctrine that you will try to fill with your own life that will lead to legalism.

Jesus lived a life of perfect obedience according to Gods Holy Law. He did that for our justification, Romans 3:26. That was not enough something had to be done about our sins and the sins of the whole world. In our name and on our behalf Jesus has atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His life was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.

His death atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listen carefully all of you unbelieving Forum members.

Jesus saves you by doing for you that which you cannot do for yourself. Are you able to fulfill God's Holy Law? No, you can't, you can't even come close because you are a sinner, Romans 3:10.

Are you able to atone for your sins? Again the answer is no.

Jesus in your name and on your behalf was accepted into heaven. He is your savior.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All that Jesus is and all that he has done was done for our salvation and justification. If you don't believe that you really have no right to call yourself a Christian. To not believe this leaves a void in your doctrine that you will try to fill with your own life that will lead to legalism.
    If I did believe that, Robert, I'd be falling for the same lie you have fallen for.

Jesus lived a life of perfect obedience according to Gods Holy Law.
    He did, and He was baptised to fulfil the requirements of the Law for His roles as Prophet, Priest, and King. Nothing there is imputed to us.

He did that for our justification, Romans 3:26.
    No, He didn't, and that verse makes no such claim. This verse proves it makes no such claim.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight:

That was not enough something had to be done about our sins and the sins of the whole world. In our name and on our behalf Jesus has atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.
    Of course it wasn't enough, because righteousness does not come from the law.
    Therefore, it can't be passed on to us, as you claim.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Right Divider (November 26th, 2018),Tambora (November 25th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,122 Times in 3,021 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus saves you by doing for you that which you cannot do for yourself. Are you able to fulfill God's Holy Law? No, you can't, you can't even come close because you are a sinner, Romans 3:10.

Jesus in your name and on your behalf was accepted into heaven. He is your savior.
    You teach that what Jesus did wasn't sufficient to save them He did it for. So you teach Salvation is by the doing of man instead of the doing of Christ!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

18. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (November 25th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was raised for our justification....He didn't live His life on earth for our justification. Until you get that figured out, you'll continue wandering around in the mist.

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (November 24th, 2018),musterion (December 1st, 2018),Right Divider (November 26th, 2018),Tambora (November 25th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His life was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.
    Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Right Divider (November 26th, 2018),Tambora (November 25th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I made a mistake. Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.
    False statement. No verse in all of scripture says salvation has been provided for everyone.

Charles Spurgeon !

24. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (November 25th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You dont believe Rom 4:25. You teach there's sinners Christ was delivered for and raised again for who are condemned don't you ?

Charles Spurgeon !

Thread Information