Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,472 Posts

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    And yet Paul says that's what he preached to them, which they believed and by which they were saved. I'll believe Paul over you.

Do you still claim that those who reject vicarious lawkeeping are not saved?
    1 Corinthians 3:4,5 is an outline of the Gospel. The Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Is in the opening post.

Not only did Jesus vicariously keep and fulfill the law for us. He also vicariously lived, died and rose again for us and is in heaven presenting his righteousness on our behalf as our representative and mediator. If you don't believe that all that Jesus did and all that Jesus was, was for your justification, you are not saved. What do you think, he did it all for himself?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,183 Times in 2,100 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    You are under the misconception that man is just a dumb robot and cannot make choices, yet you have chosen the cult called Calvinism. Your thinking is full of hypocrisy.
    You talk a good game, but when the rubber hits the road you dishonor Christ in favor of salvation by the will of man !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Corinthians 3:4,5 is an outline of the Gospel. The Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Is in the opening post.

Not only did Jesus vicariously keep and fulfill the law for us. He also vicariously lived, died and rose again for us and is in heaven presenting his righteousness on our behalf as our representative and mediator. If you don't believe that all that Jesus did and all that Jesus was, was for your justification, you are not saved. What do you think, he did it all for himself?
    So ones salvation according to you depends upon man and what he does or doesnt do instead of what Christ did and accomplished !

Charles Spurgeon !

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    So ones salvation according to you depends upon man and what he does or doesnt do instead of what Christ did and accomplished !
    So one's salvation, according to you, depends upon man and which creed he follows or doesn't follow instead of what Messiah did, is doing and will do.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyones salvation depends upon what Jesus did in his life, death and resurrection. Jesus was victorious over sin, death and the devil. Because he was victorious over all things God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36 and has seated him at his own right hand as the, "king of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

When God accepted Jesus into heaven we were accepted in him, because our humanity was constituted in him. This is why salvation can only be by grace through faith, Ephesians 1:13.
    Last edited by Robert Pate; November 24th, 2018 at 01:48 PM.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, ones salvation depends upon what Jesus did in his life, death and resurrection. Jesus was victorious over sin, death and the devil. Because he was victorious over all things God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36 and has seated him at his own right hand as the, "king of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

When God accepted Jesus into heaven we were accepted in him, because our humanity was constituted in him. This is why salvation can only be by grace through faith, Ephesians 1:13.
    You contradicted yourself which is always a evidence of a false teacher.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Charles Spurgeon !

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, ones salvation depends upon what Jesus did in his life, death and resurrection. Jesus was victorious over sin, death and the devil. Because he was victorious over all things God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36 and has seated him at his own right hand as the, "king of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

It looks as if you have taken a number of scriptural terms and thrown them higgledy-piggledy at the screen.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pate

No, ones salvation depends upon what Jesus did in his life, death and resurrection.
    You said

If you don't believe that all that Jesus did and all that Jesus was, was for your justification, you are not saved.
    So you said it depends on man doing something or that man isnt saved. So this is a lie

ones salvation depends upon what Jesus did in his life, death and resurrection

You saying this doesnt save those Christ did that for if He did it doe them and theyre not saved !

Charles Spurgeon !

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The mistake has been corrected.

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    It looks as if you have taken a number of scriptural terms and thrown them higgledy-piggledy at the screen.
    I made a mistake. The mistake has been corrected.

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I made a mistake. Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

Over 5000 post club Rosenritter's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,802 Times in 1,440 Posts

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    For Robert, "religion" is basically a pejorative to describe whatever someone believes that he does not.

That said, as his regular double-mindedness reveals, occasionally Robert even uses the word properly and admits to having a religion, as the word religion simply means a particular set of faith and worship.

Christianity is a religion.
    Robert professes to be a Christian.
    Hence, Robert practices a religion.

Accordingly, Robert is religious, despite all his cavils about "religion," especially given that he fails to define how he is using the word and claiming warrant to create his own personal lexicon about what words actually have been traditionally understood to mean.
    James 1:26-27 KJV
    (26) If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
    (27) Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

I've called him on his misappropriation of the word "religion" but he doesn't seem to like the contextual definitions.

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenritter View Post
    James 1:26-27 KJV
    (26) If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
    (27) Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

I've called him on his misappropriation of the word "religion" but he doesn't seem to like the contextual definitions.

There are two different kinds of religion.

There is man's religion and there is God's religion. All religions conceived by men are false. They are false because they are not motivated by the Holy Spirit. This is why John wrote,

"Beloved, believe not every Spirit, but try the spirits whether they be of God: because many false prophets are gone into the world" 1 John 4:1.

You can usually spot false religions because they are man centered. All that they can talk about is themselves and their works.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are not called to be heretics. We have a Bible and the Bible makes it clear what the Gospel is. Those that are heretics have chosen to change God's word to suit their own image.
    The dictionary tells us that heresy doesn't refer to the truth but is only a convergence from church doctrine. If a Church sect has it wrong, heresy can be putting it right.
    I Champion GODís holiness:
    - GOD did not need evil so did not create evil for any reason.
    - All evil is creature-created.

I Champion Our Free will:
    - All spirits created in HIS image had an equal ability and opportunity to choose either heaven or hell by their free will.

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ttruscott View Post
    The dictionary tells us that heresy doesn't refer to the truth but is only a convergence from church doctrine. If a Church sect has it wrong, heresy can be putting it right.
    I looked up the word heresy in the dictionary. Here is what it says.

Heresy: "A belief contrary to the established doctrines of a church or religious system".

I think that it should say, "Contrary to the teachings of the Bible".

Thread Information