Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by George Affleck View Post
    Actually, that is not exactly true.
    Here is what it says:

And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

If you are interested in being completely technical about this verse, the wording regarding the location of "children" is the same as that used for "one stone upon another". It is ἐν σοί.

The temple was completely within the city.
    In thee - ἐν σοί.
    Luke 19 speaks of all Jerusalem left with no stone upon another, not just one obliterated structure. But that didn't happen. Josephus said so.

I can't help your unbelief and won't debate with it.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Luke 19 speaks of all Jerusalem left with not one stone upon another. That didn't happen. Josephus said so.
    After the Romans broke through the 2nd and 3rd walls, they could not break through the 1st wall.

The Romans then built a trench and wall around the entire city inside the 2nd wall. Inside that wall the Romans built every stone was left not standing upon another, which is what Jesus said in Luke 19.

The three towers Titus left standing were over on the western hill by Herod's palace. They were in the 2nd and 3rd walls, and history shows that even they were torn down.

Luke 19 was fulfilled in 70AD exactly how Jesus said it would be fulfilled.

You hate that it was fulfilled because it's a death blow to your Dispensationalism, that you defend at all costs.
    (1 Cor 1:13 KJV) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tetelestai For Your Post:

George Affleck (January 12th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,002 Times in 8,993 Posts

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dartman View Post
    There is no specific mention of 3rd heaven regarding the throne of David, but Scripture does say;

Luke 1:32-33 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
    33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

When do you think this ends?
    I owe you an apology. As I stated, the bible instructs me not to engage in attempts to persuade either "atheists," or bible correctors/agnostics/mystics, and to be careful in engaging those who reject the doctrine that the Lord Jesus Christ is God. You fit the latter two; thus, you are dismissed. Col. Klink, with my apologies.
    Saint John W

Thanks

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psalm 132 KJV

13 For the Lord hath chosen Zion;he hath desired it for his habitation.14 This is my rest for ever:here will I dwell; for I have desired it. 15 I will abundantly bless her provision:I will satisfy her poor with bread. 16 I will also clothe her priests with salvation: and her saints shall shout aloud for joy.17 There will I make the horn of David to bud:I have ordained a lamp for mine anointed. 18 His enemies will I lothe with shame:but upon himself shall his crown flourish.
    Saint John W

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john w For Your Post:

George Affleck (January 12th, 2019),steko (January 12th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    principles, of Preterism
    Principles of Dispensationalism:

1) Tell those who disagree with you that they don't know how to rightly divide.

2) If they still deny Dispensationalism, call them names.

3) Keep repeating principles #1 & #2
    (1 Cor 1:13 KJV) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tetelestai For Your Post:

Dartman (January 12th, 2019),meshak (January 12th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    Principles of Dispensationalism:

1) Tell those who disagree with you that they don't know how to rightly divide.

2) If they still deny Dispensationalism, call them names.

3) Keep repeating principles #1 & #2
    Again, I need to remind you that name calling is biblical, and, at the same time, to apologize to you, Craig, as the bible instructs me not to engage in persuasion with:

- those who are bible correctors/agnostics/mystics, such as yourself, and only engage in persuasions, disputing, with bible believers, for those of your ilk, can "prove" anything, such as "name calling is unbiblical,"

-a Preterism/Barbituaritism "fallable men" proponents, as the bible, and bible believers, do not take it seriously, as it is quite harmless, and no threat,

-"atheists"

You fit the first 2 categories, so please take your seat. Way in the back.....That's it....By the exit sign....

Thank you for your cooperation, and checkin' in, Craig.And, again, my apologies, and condolences, for your "death blow."
    Saint John W

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I owe you an apology. As I stated, the bible instructs me not to engage in attempts to persuade either "atheists," or bible correctors/agnostics/mystics, and to be careful in engaging those who reject the doctrine that the Lord Jesus Christ is God. You fit the latter two; thus, you are dismissed. Col. Klink, with my apologies.
    sigh .... the Bible NEVER says "be careful in engaging those who reject the doctrine that the Lord Jesus Christ is God.." In fact, it never says " the Lord Jesus Christ is God." ..... ever.

By the way, you seem MUCH more civil now, (Christian-ish) did you recently have a "come to Jesus" moment?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dartman For Your Post:

meshak (January 12th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigh .... the Bible NEVER says "be careful in engaging those who reject the doctrine that the Lord Jesus Christ is God.." In fact, it never says " the Lord Jesus Christ is God." ..... ever.

By the way, you seem MUCH more civil now, (Christian-ish) did you recently have a "come to Jesus" moment?
    No, the bible(s) that you correct, can say anything you want it/them to say, and the bible instructs me not to engage in persuading bible correctors/rejectors/mystics, such as yourself, and to be careful in engaging those who reject that Jesus Christ is God.

My apologies, and condolences. Please take your seat, as bible believers carry on.
    Saint John W

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 596 Posts

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leviticus 26:3133KJV
    And I will make your cities waste, and bring your sanctuaries unto desolation, and I will not smell the savour of your sweet odours. And I will bring the land into desolation: and your enemies which dwell therein shall be astonished at it. And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste.
    Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 596 Posts

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Luke 19 speaks of all Jerusalem left with no stone upon another, not just one obliterated structure. But that didn't happen. Josephus said so.

I can't help your unbelief and won't debate with it.
    Please show the word all in Luke 19.
    Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to George Affleck For Your Post:

Rosenritter (January 12th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,312 Times in 11,392 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Please show the word all in Luke 19.
    That is a classic case of "stacking the deck".

Luke 19:41-44 (AKJV/PCE)
    (19:41) And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, (19:42) Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things [which belong] unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes. (19:43) For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side, (19:44) And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

In this passage Jesus is speaking "to the city" of Jerusalem. Why do you think that there is some limit to only part of the city?

P.S. thee and thou are SINGULAR (i.e., "the city").
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

john w (January 12th, 2019),musterion (January 12th, 2019)

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, the bible(s) that you correct, can say anything you want it/them to say, and the bible instructs me not to engage in persuading bible correctors/rejectors/mystics, such as yourself, and to be careful in engaging those who reject that Jesus Christ is God.

Can you, in your carefully restricted conditions, include the Scriptures you believe explain this?

Thanks
    Thanked 22,097 Times in 12,062 Posts

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Leviticus 26:31–33KJV
    And I will make your cities waste, and bring your sanctuaries unto desolation, and I will not smell the savour of your sweet odours. And I will bring the land into desolation: and your enemies which dwell therein shall be astonished at it. And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste.
    Oh, but there's more:

Lev 26:44 And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I am the LORD their God.
    Lev 26:45 But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am the LORD.

Deu 30:1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee,
    Deu 30:2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul;
    Deu 30:3 That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee.
    Deu 30:4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee:
    Deu 30:5 And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers.
    Deu 30:6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

john w (January 12th, 2019),ok doser (January 12th, 2019),Right Divider (January 12th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you, in your carefully restricted conditions, include the Scriptures you believe explain this?
    I would, but you'd correct it; the bible instructs me not to engage in persuading bible correctors/rejectors/mystics, such as yourself, only to engage bible believers,and to be careful in engaging those who reject that Jesus Christ is God.

Again, my apologies for engaging you. Please-be seated.Thank you for your cooperation.
    Saint John W

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would, but you'd correct it; the bible instructs me not to engage in persuading bible correctors/rejectors/mystics, such as yourself, only to engage bible believers,and to be careful in engaging those who reject that Jesus Christ is God.

Again, my apologies for engaging you. Please-be seated.Thank you for your cooperation.
    1 Peter 3:15 ... be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dartman For Your Post:

meshak (January 12th, 2019),Rosenritter (January 12th, 2019)

Thread Information