User Tag List

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2330313233343536 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 586

Thread: Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

  1. #481
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,405
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 407 Times in 372 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6505
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Some of the Corinthians thought that taking the sacraments was like going to McDonalds for lunch. They did not see that it pointed to the crucifixion of Christ. The reason being was that they were not saved and did not understand the Gospel.
    https://biblehub.com/commentaries/1_...ians/11-29.htm

  2. #482
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,938
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 1,760 Times in 1,459 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354741
    Better be sure that you are trusting in Christ for your salvation before you take the sacraments.

  3. #483
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23,648
    Thanks
    14,780
    Thanked 37,279 Times in 18,624 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147804
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifer View Post
    I agree with that.
    And
    That piques my interest.
    Where do you stand on predestination vs free will, specially.
    I believe that predestination is referring to the PURPOSE of God. That purpose, and what was known from the beginning has been to have a body of believers in Jesus Christ our Lord....created IN HIM.

    Eph. 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

    Romans 8:29
    For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

    And, of course, we are begotten IN HIM through the Gospel when we HEAR and BELIEVE. (In that order).

    1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    steko (December 5th, 2018)

  5. #484
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,405
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 407 Times in 372 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6505
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Better be sure that you are trusting in Christ for your salvation before you take the sacraments.
    Yup...trust Him before everything I do...

    Is why I want to obey because He has saved me duh...

    Is why I want to “do this in remembrance” as a memorial to what He did for me...

    Thanks for your concern but you don’t have to show me love according your “we aint under any rules”...

    Which speaking of doing whatever whenever do YOU ever do this memorial meal?

    With chocolate milk and doughnuts maybe?

  6. #485
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,938
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 1,760 Times in 1,459 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354741
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Yup...trust Him before everything I do...

    Is why I want to obey because He has saved me duh...

    Is why I want to “do this in remembrance” as a memorial to what He did for me...

    Thanks for your concern but you don’t have to show me love according your “we aint under any rules”...

    Which speaking of doing whatever whenever do YOU ever do this memorial meal?

    With chocolate milk and doughnuts maybe?
    Why is it that you don't believe Paul? Are you a Paul hater?

    Paul is warning you, but you don't seem to hear him, Galatians 3:10.

  7. #486
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,405
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 407 Times in 372 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6505
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Why is it that you don't believe Paul? Are you a Paul hater?

    Paul is warning you, but you don't seem to hear him, Galatians 3:10.
    I didnt think you partook of communion...too many rules and laws and stuff right?

    How about baptism...skipped that too?

  8. #487
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,938
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 1,760 Times in 1,459 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354741
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    I didnt think you partook of communion...too many rules and laws and stuff right?

    How about baptism...skipped that too?
    What we do does not save us. I am afraid that you are going to be in the "Lord, Lord, didn't we group" Matthew 7:21-23.

  9. #488
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,405
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 407 Times in 372 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6505
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    What we do does not save us. I am afraid that you are going to be in the "Lord, Lord, didn't we group" Matthew 7:21-23.
    Again you get this EXACTLY wrong.

    You are the one crying “LORD! LORD!” And then “thanks for abolishing your law so we dont have to keep it...”

    “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.”

    I insist we practice lawfulness...you on the other hand claim there is no need to as it is abolished...

    Oh and BTW I try to keep the law BECAUSE I AM SAVED not in order to be saved...ok? stop with your false witnessing...

    All this slander and false witnessing should be reportable and better moderated being a “christian” site...

  10. #489
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,938
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 1,760 Times in 1,459 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354741
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Again you get this EXACTLY wrong.

    You are the one crying “LORD! LORD!” And then “thanks for abolishing your law so we dont have to keep it...”

    “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.”

    I insist we practice lawfulness...you on the other hand claim there is no need to as it is abolished...

    Oh and BTW I try to keep the law BECAUSE I AM SAVED not in order to be saved...ok? stop with your false witnessing...

    All this slander and false witnessing should be reportable and better moderated being a “christian” site...

    I have shown you numerous scriptures that say we are to live by the Spirit and not the law, here is another one.

    "Who has made us able ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter (law) but of the Spirit: for the letter (law) kills, but the Spirit gives life" 2 Corinthians 3:6.

  11. #490
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,405
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 407 Times in 372 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6505
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    I have shown you numerous scriptures that say we are to live by the Spirit and not the law, here is another one.

    "Who has made us able ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter (law) but of the Spirit: for the letter (law) kills, but the Spirit gives life" 2 Corinthians 3:6.
    Being made ministers of the New Testament does not mean the law was abolished...The Spirit gives life to keep it...

    To be transformed into the same image as the glory of the Lord by His Spirit...

    Of course this ministry of the Spirit/Life is more glorious than the ministry of condemnation/death

    What once is pointing to Him and His Way is now done by the Spirit IN HIM...

    You are wrong to continue to think the Spirit changes or abolishes or makes null and void His Own Law...

  12. #491
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,938
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 1,760 Times in 1,459 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354741
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Being made ministers of the New Testament does not mean the law was abolished...The Spirit gives life to keep it...

    To be transformed into the same image as the glory of the Lord by His Spirit...

    Of course this ministry of the Spirit/Life is more glorious than the ministry of condemnation/death

    What once is pointing to Him and His Way is now done by the Spirit IN HIM...

    You are wrong to continue to think the Spirit changes or abolishes or makes null and void His Own Law...

    The reason that the law has been abolished for the Christian is because the law works wrath, Romans 4:15.

    Do you want to be under God's wrath? Where there is law there is judgment, condemnation and sin.

    The worst part of being under the law is that the law will cause you to sin.

    "For I was alive without the law once; but when the commandment came, SIN REVIVED AND I DIED" Romans 7:9.

  13. #492
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,405
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 407 Times in 372 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6505
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The reason that the law has been abolished for the Christian is because the law works wrath, Romans 4:15.

    Do you want to be under God's wrath? Where there is law there is judgment, condemnation and sin.

    The worst part of being under the law is that the law will cause you to sin.

    "For I was alive without the law once; but when the commandment came, SIN REVIVED AND I DIED" Romans 7:9.
    Yes of course...the heavenly Parent realized His law CAUSED His children to fall so He abolished the law...now they no longer sin...

    He did not need to send His Son to keep them from falling...

    ...

    It remains someday when He abolishes sin (Again NOT the Law) those remaining will be “here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and have the faith OF Yahushua...”

  14. #493
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    14,040
    Thanks
    11,652
    Thanked 19,709 Times in 11,071 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147687

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The reason that the law has been abolished for the Christian is because the law works wrath, Romans 4:15.

    Do you want to be under God's wrath? Where there is law there is judgment, condemnation and sin.

    The worst part of being under the law is that the law will cause you to sin.

    "For I was alive without the law once; but when the commandment came, SIN REVIVED AND I DIED" Romans 7:9.
    Paul says that we are not under the law, not that it has been "abolished".

    Rom 6:14 KJV For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

    Your fairy tale is not supported by scripture and you pervert scripture to try to make it agree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  15. #494
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,841
    Thanks
    623
    Thanked 1,897 Times in 1,814 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    51000
    Men shall be Judged by the Law so its not abolished Rom 2:12

    12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

    Now those whom Christ died for are dead to the Law Rom 7:4

    4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  16. #495
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,405
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 407 Times in 372 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6505
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Paul says that we are not under the law, not that it has been "abolished".

    Rom 6:14 KJV For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

    Your fairy tale is not supported by scripture and you pervert scripture to try to make it agree with you.
    Yup...in fact...what need of Grace if the Law was abolished?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us