Succinctly.

Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,040 Times in 4,438 Posts

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you need to go get Pastor Enyart's Bible study on Revelation.

Babylon is simply any wicked organization, be that small groups of people to groups of nations.

It's not any specific group.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheThirdAngel144 View Post
    Succinctly.

There are better, more believable interpretations of the Whore of Babylon and the Mark of the Beast. http://truthinverity.org/three-angels-messages/

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shubee View Post
    There are better, more believable interpretations of the Whore of Babylon and the Mark of the Beast. http://truthinverity.org/three-angels-messages/
    Any chance you want to make the main points of that link succinct? I'm not reading all that.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    I think you need to go get Pastor Enyart's Bible study on Revelation.

Babylon is simply any wicked organization, be that small groups of people to groups of nations.

It's not any specific group.
    Babylon refers to any and all churches which have mixed paganism within their church, yet call themselves Christians.

Mystery Babylon, the Mother of Harlots, refers to the Roman Catholic Church, as the she is mother of all those churches who mix false religions with the religion of the Bible.

Thanks

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Babylon refers to any and all churches which have mixed paganism within their church, yet call themselves Christians.

Mystery Babylon, the Mother of Harlots, refers to the Roman Catholic Church, as the she is mother of all those churches who mix false religions with the religion of the Bible.
    It refers to ANY organization that opposes God.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

glorydaz (November 18th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance you want to make the main points of that link succinct? I'm not reading all that.
    I have time for a few pertinent quotes:

Theorem 2-3:

The New Jerusalem consists of both Christians and Jews that are the heirs of salvation (Revelation 21:12,14). Babylon, the perfect counterfeit, is an earthly political unity of Churchianity and apostate Judaism.

Presupposition: An image to the first beast would be an organization functioning on much the same principles as that beastís organization. ó Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary, Vol 7. p. 821.

Observation: There are significant similarities between Catholicism and its Vatican State when compared to Zionism and its Zionist State.

The Fundamental Mark of Papal Authority and Character

Indifference to evil is more insidious than doing evil itself. To have the name of the beast means to have the same character as the beast. Names in Scripture express a character trait (Genesis 32:26-28).

To receive the mark of the beast means conforming to the servile mindset that willfully compromises with evil. It doesnít matter if what you advocate is sincere or not. The mark of the beast can be received either on the forehead or on the right hand (Revelation 13:16). The forehead represents the mind. The hand represents a personís actions. Those who venture beyond Godís forbearance and choose to be willfully deceived or end up spurning the Spirit of truth get sealed with a mark on the forehead. However, those who realize that they are primarily conformists to power systems and choose to support monstrous evil out of cowardice and expediency get sealed with a mark on the right hand.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have time for a few pertinent quotes:

Theorem 2-3:

The New Jerusalem consists of both Christians and Jews that are the heirs of salvation (Revelation 21:12,14). Babylon, the perfect counterfeit, is an earthly political unity of Churchianity and apostate Judaism.

Presupposition: An image to the first beast would be an organization functioning on much the same principles as that beast’s organization. — Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary, Vol 7. p. 821.

Observation: There are significant similarities between Catholicism and its Vatican State when compared to Zionism and its Zionist State.

The Fundamental Mark of Papal Authority and Character

Indifference to evil is more insidious than doing evil itself. To have the name of the beast means to have the same character as the beast. Names in Scripture express a character trait (Genesis 32:26-28).

To receive the mark of the beast means conforming to the servile mindset that willfully compromises with evil. It doesn’t matter if what you advocate is sincere or not. The mark of the beast can be received either on the forehead or on the right hand (Revelation 13:16). The forehead represents the mind. The hand represents a person’s actions. Those who venture beyond God’s forbearance and choose to be willfully deceived or end up spurning the Spirit of truth get sealed with a mark on the forehead. However, those who realize that they are primarily conformists to power systems and choose to support monstrous evil out of cowardice and expediency get sealed with a mark on the right hand.
    Thanks Shubee!

While I wouldn't deny that Apostate Judaism is doing what it can to mess with real Christians, I cannot declare Apostate Judaism to be Babylon. According to someone wise, Babylon is the symbol of the apostate church, which I tend to believe means apostate Christendom. Mystery Babylon is Rome, as we know, the mother, and the harlots are her daughters. Her daughters refer to those which spawned from her, apostate Protestantism. While the Jews do indeed have some similar beliefs to Catholicism (including a purgatory like belief), I wouldn't go so far as to apply Babylon to them, but simply false religion drinking of the wine of the wrath of the fornication of Rome.

Name of the beast checks out. Last paragraph checks out.

The image of the first beast is a woman riding upon a beast, an ecclesiastical type of government. This is fully realized when the Protestant Churches of America use the arm of the government to enforce their religious laws. The beginnings of this power, and connection between church and state, is already seen in the government 501c3.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It refers to ANY organization that opposes God.
    Refer to the post above that I sent to Shubee, I explain how Babylon only applies to any professing Christian Churches.

Thanks

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refer to the post above that I sent to Shubee, I explain how Babylon only applies to any professing Christian Churches.
    Is there any possibility in your mind that you've been misled? That what you were taught about this was wrong? Any possibility at all?

Let me guess, you either think that there is no rapture for the Body of Christ, or that the rapture happens during or after the tribulation?

You think that the BoC will have to go through the rapture?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

Right Divider (November 19th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Shubee!

While I wouldn't deny that Apostate Judaism is doing what it can to mess with real Christians, I cannot declare Apostate Judaism to be Babylon. According to someone wise, Babylon is the symbol of the apostate church, which I tend to believe means apostate Christendom.
    I didn't declare Apostate Judaism to be Babylon. Christian Zionists declare themselves to the Christians first, and Zionists second.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any possibility in your mind that you've been misled? That what you were taught about this was wrong? Any possibility at all?
    Get a mirror.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't declare Apostate Judaism to be Babylon. Christian Zionists declare themselves to the Christians first, and Zionists second.
    Not going to lie, I don't know any professing Christian Zionists, not even in preaching to them across the street.

Thanks

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get a mirror.
    I have no problem saying there's a possibility.

The thing is though, it's such a small possibility.

Now, answer the question:

Is there any possibility that you're wrong in your beliefs about this?

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no problem saying there's a possibility.

The thing is though, it's such a small possibility.

Now, answer the question:

Is there any possibility that you're wrong in your beliefs about this?
    I will accept my error if you can prove to me from the Word of God that I am in error. To this date, no one has been able to do that. I grew up with beliefs like eternal life in hellfire, etc. And then I actually opened up a Bible and did some research. Protestant prophecy, for the most part, is a ball of confusion. I remember wavering with the winds of doctrine until someone distinct from the Scriptures came into play.

Use the Bible to define the Bible, and you cannot go wrong.

Thread Information