User Tag List

Thread: Will Christians require postmortem character correction?

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Christians require postmortem character correction?

"I have entertained the thought that all Christians...will be corrected post-mortem. For clearly Christiansí characters will not have been perfected at the time of their death. So wonít they need to be perfected post-mortem? That can happen in either of two ways. 1) God will miraculously perfect them instantaneously or 2) God will correct them gradually."

"In this life, God corrects us gradually. Although he could make a person totally righteous instantaneously, thatís not the way He operates. So we would expect that He wonít do so in the afterlife either."

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GregoryN View Post
    "I have entertained the thought that all Christians...will be corrected post-mortem. "
    Because GOD cannot perfect someone in one life?

For clearly Christiansí characters will not have been perfected at the time of their death.
    Maybe because experiencing death is all that some people need to choose to fully repent and be holy?
    I Champion GODís holiness:
    - GOD did not need evil so did not create evil for any reason.
    - All evil is creature-created.

I Champion Our Free will:
    - All spirits created in HIS image had an equal ability and opportunity to choose either heaven or hell by their free will.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryN View Post
    "I have entertained the thought that all Christians...will be corrected post-mortem. For clearly Christiansí characters will not have been perfected at the time of their death. So wonít they need to be perfected post-mortem? That can happen in either of two ways. 1) God will miraculously perfect them instantaneously or 2) God will correct them gradually."

"In this life, God corrects us gradually. Although he could make a person totally righteous instantaneously, thatís not the way He operates. So we would expect that He wonít do so in the afterlife either."
    You're quoting somebody. Who are you quoting?
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

@Nee_Nihilo

Thread Information