Thread: ACTS 2 PENTECOST

Thanks
    Thanked 21,605 Times in 11,869 Posts

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by turbosixx View Post
    What do you understand the believing remnant to be?
    The believing remnant refers to corporate Israel according to prophecy, not the church the BOC according to the mystery which was not revealed through prophecy.
    The believing remnant pertains to the regathering of the twelve tribes back to the land promised, according to prophecy.

It's my understanding that believers are Christians and in Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek but one new man.
    In the one new man, the new entity according to the mystery, the church, the BOC, the Jew has no seniority, yet according to prophecy, in the restored Kingdom to Israel in the regeneration, will rise under Messiah to be head of the nations and a Kingdom of Priests. Two separate programs, one earthly and one heavenly.

This is before Jesus's D,B&R. After His sacrifice we do not see the kingdom spoken as still future.
    Yes, we do.

Nothing changed concerning the Kingdom being at hand after the DBR until Israel's continued rejection of Messiah and Kingdom at the stoning of Stephen in Acts 7 and the persecution of the Jewish Church in Acts 8 and all the way to Acts 28 in Rome.
    The Lord taught His 11 disciples things concerning Israel's future restored kingdom for forty days following His resurrection. They asked Him if He was now going to restore the Kingdom to Israel. His only reply was that they could not know the timing. Paul refers to this same timing according to prophecy for Israel in 1Thess 5:1.

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip as he preached good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
    How could there be good new about the kingdom?
    This is the good news as understood by the twelve and their disciples at that time which required Israel's repentance and the Lord's return to earth:

Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
    Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
    Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Acts 28:23 When they had appointed a day for him, they came to him at his lodging in greater numbers. From morning till evening he expounded to them, testifying to the kingdom of God and trying to convince them about Jesus both from the Law of Moses and from the Prophets.
    What was Paul testifying about the kingdom of God?
    Since he was obviously teaching from the Law and the Prophets to Jews concerning the Kingdom, then he was teaching the content of information according to prophecy for Israel regarding to the Kingdom of Israel under Messiah's reign.
    Paul's response to the rejection by the majority was this:

Act 28:28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

This salvation to the nations/gentiles was not to be according to prophecy for Israel but the good news of salvation according to the special revelation that he received from the ascended Lord... Paul's gospel, the gospel of the grace of God according to the mystery.

Rom 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

glorydaz (November 9th, 2018),JudgeRightly (November 9th, 2018),Tambora (November 10th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steko View Post
    The believing remnant refers to corporate Israel according to prophecy, not the church the BOC according to the mystery which was not revealed through prophecy.
    The believing remnant pertains to the regathering of the twelve tribes back to the land promised, according to prophecy.

In the one new man, the new entity according to the mystery, the church, the BOC, the Jew has no seniority, yet according to prophecy, in the restored Kingdom to Israel in the regeneration, will rise under Messiah to be head of the nations and a Kingdom of Priests. Two separate programs, one earthly and one heavenly.

Yes, we do.

Nothing changed concerning the Kingdom being at hand after the DBR until Israel's continued rejection of Messiah and Kingdom at the stoning of Stephen in Acts 7 and the persecution of the Jewish Church in Acts 8 and all the way to Acts 28 in Rome.
    The Lord taught His 11 disciples things concerning Israel's future restored kingdom for forty days following His resurrection. They asked Him if He was now going to restore the Kingdom to Israel. His only reply was that they could not know the timing. Paul refers to this same timing according to prophecy for Israel in 1Thess 5:1.

This is the good news as understood by the twelve and their disciples at that time which required Israel's repentance and the Lord's return to earth:

Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
    Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
    Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Since he was obviously teaching from the Law and the Prophets to Jews concerning the Kingdom, then he was teaching the content of information according to prophecy for Israel regarding to the Kingdom of Israel under Messiah's reign.
    Paul's response to the rejection by the majority was this:

Act 28:28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

This salvation to the nations/gentiles was not to be according to prophecy for Israel but the good news of salvation according to the special revelation that he received from the ascended Lord... Paul's gospel, the gospel of the grace of God according to the mystery.

Rom 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Thanks for the reply.
    Could you please describe what you believe the "earthly" kingdom will be like in basic terms?

What I understand is that the temple will be rebuilt and that Jesus will physically sit on the throne for 1,000 years. After that I'm not sure what the general consensus is. Will it be Jewish Christians or all Jews. Since there are priest will there be animal sacrifices and so on.
    Wretched man that I am.

Thanks

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply.
    You're welcome.
    I appreciate your interest.

Could you please describe what you believe the "earthly" kingdom will be like in basic terms?
    Peter said in Act 3:21 that with the Lord's return that there would be a restitution/Grk apokatastasis/reconstitution of all things which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. Apokatastasis related to apokathistemi in Mat 12:13 translated 'restored' the withered arm.

Therefore, to understand what it will be like, we must go to the OT Prophets and see what they said.

It's such a huge subject. I'd much rather talk it than type it.

We know from Gen 49 that the Sceptre[kingship] will belong to a descendant of Judah and to Him will the gathering of 'the people'[a phrase used in reference to the people of Israel throughout Scripture] be.
    Referenced again in Psa 110:3 and other places. His people[Israel] were not willing at His first coming but will be at His second coming. Psa 110: describes Christ's violent judgement at His coming.

Peter cites the Messianic Psa 2:1-3 in Act 4:25-26. If GOD had stuck to the Prophetic script at that point in Acts 4, He would have poured out His wrath on Israel and the nations according to Psa 2:5. But He didn't pour out His wrath. So, what did He do? He halted the prophetic program for Israel and transistionally began to start something new... 'the gospel of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery' revealed to and thru Paul for the nations, including individuals from the fallen and set aside nation of Israel. This is a revelation not from OT Prophecy, but something hidden in GOD from the foundation of the world. It was planned all along.
    Therefore, the wrath is yet to come and we find ourselves in the Dispensation of the Grace of GOD. All of Paul's letters open with 'Grace and peace from GOD our father and the Lord Jesus Christ'. This is GOD's attitude toward the nations in this dispensation.

What I understand is that the temple will be rebuilt and that Jesus will physically sit on the throne for 1,000 years.
    Evidently, there will be a tribulation temple for the events of that period and a millennial temple from which Christ will reign from the throne of David as both King and Priest.

After that I'm not sure what the general consensus is.
    Satan will be loosed from the pit for a short while to reveal the rebellious hearts of many who were born during the millennium. The revolt will be smashed, the white throne judgement will occur and then the new heavens and earth with New Jerusalem coming down. Paul says in Eph 1:10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of times He shall gather all things that are in heaven and earth as one in Christ Jesus. Good and evil will be separated forever.

Will it be Jewish Christians or all Jews.
    As for the BOC, Paul says that our citizenship is in heaven.
    That is the mystery program as distinct from the prophetic earthly program for the corporate remnant of Israel's land inheritance. In the millennium there will be Jews and gentiles who survived the tribulation still dwelling in Adam's flesh. They will repopulate the earth and have the potential to live a thousand years.

Since there are priest will there be animal sacrifices and so on.
    GOD always intended for Israel to be a nation of priests Ex 19 and Isaiah 61, mediators between GOD and the nations/gentiles.
    He began with one tribe and is waiting for the time when Israel will be empowered to obey Him, thus becoming a nation of priests.

Ezekiel describes the millennial temple and the sacrifices which take place there. There are many objections to this.

I'm tired and I strained at this and didn't cover all that I'd like to.

Maybe pick it up again later in a more systematic way.
    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

glorydaz (November 9th, 2018),JudgeRightly (November 9th, 2018),Right Divider (November 9th, 2018),Tambora (November 10th, 2018)

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings again turbosixx,
    Looking at that passage. When did/will the builders reject the stone?
    They had already rejected him at the time, but especially at the trial and crucifixion.
    What is meant by "The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof "? When has/will this happen?
    Israel were the Kingdom of God, but the nation was soon to be destroyed in AD70.
    Two questions from this. If God planned for the church, where do you see it prophesied in the OT?
    The following indicates that the preaching would go to the Gentiles at a time when Israel failed to respond.
    Isaiah 49:3–6 (KJV): 3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified. 4 Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my work with my God. 5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength. 6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth. .
    God knows the plan, why did Jesus proclaim the kingdom was at hand if it wasn't to be for going on 2,000 years now?
    My only suggestion is that He, Himself, as the embodiment of the Kingdom, and the availability of those responding to be prospectively part of this Kingdom.

Kind regards
    Trevor

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're welcome.
    I appreciate your interest.

Peter said in Act 3:21 that with the Lord's return that there would be a restitution/Grk apokatastasis/reconstitution of all things which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. Apokatastasis related to apokathistemi in Mat 12:13 translated 'restored' the withered arm.

Therefore, to understand what it will be like, we must go to the OT Prophets and see what they said.

It's such a huge subject. I'd much rather talk it than type it.

We know from Gen 49 that the Sceptre[kingship] will belong to a descendant of Judah and to Him will the gathering of 'the people'[a phrase used in reference to the people of Israel throughout Scripture] be.
    Referenced again in Psa 110:3 and other places. His people[Israel] were not willing at His first coming but will be at His second coming. Psa 110: describes Christ's violent judgement at His coming.

Peter cites the Messianic Psa 2:1-3 in Act 4:25-26. If GOD had stuck to the Prophetic script at that point in Acts 4, He would have poured out His wrath on Israel and the nations according to Psa 2:5. But He didn't pour out His wrath. So, what did He do? He halted the prophetic program for Israel and transistionally began to start something new... 'the gospel of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery' revealed to and thru Paul for the nations, including individuals from the fallen and set aside nation of Israel. This is a revelation not from OT Prophecy, but something hidden in GOD from the foundation of the world. It was planned all along.
    Therefore, the wrath is yet to come and we find ourselves in the Dispensation of the Grace of GOD. All of Paul's letters open with 'Grace and peace from GOD our father and the Lord Jesus Christ'. This is GOD's attitude toward the nations in this dispensation.

Evidently, there will be a tribulation temple for the events of that period and a millennial temple from which Christ will reign from the throne of David as both King and Priest.

Satan will be loosed from the pit for a short while to reveal the rebellious hearts of many who were born during the millennium. The revolt will be smashed, the white throne judgement will occur and then the new heavens and earth with New Jerusalem coming down. Paul says in Eph 1:10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of times He shall gather all things that are in heaven and earth as one in Christ Jesus. Good and evil will be separated forever.

As for the BOC, Paul says that our citizenship is in heaven.
    That is the mystery program as distinct from the prophetic earthly program for the corporate remnant of Israel's land inheritance. In the millennium there will be Jews and gentiles who survived the tribulation still dwelling in Adam's flesh. They will repopulate the earth and have the potential to live a thousand years.

GOD always intended for Israel to be a nation of priests Ex 19 and Isaiah 61, mediators between GOD and the nations/gentiles.
    He began with one tribe and is waiting for the time when Israel will be empowered to obey Him, thus becoming a nation of priests.

Ezekiel describes the millennial temple and the sacrifices which take place there. There are many objections to this.

I'm tired and I strained at this and didn't cover all that I'd like to.

Maybe pick it up again later in a more systematic way.
    Yes there is quite a lot to this and appreciate your reply. I would like to respond to several of your comments but in an effort to keep it shorter I would like to address these.

He halted the prophetic program for Israel and transistionally began to start something new... 'the gospel of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery' revealed to and thru Paul for the nations
    All of Paul's letters open with 'Grace and peace from GOD our father and the Lord Jesus Christ'

Yes, Paul's letters open with grace because they are ALL written to Christians. People who had already been converted to Christ. How was what Paul preached to convert people to Christ different than what Peter proclaimed on Pentecost?
    Wretched man that I am.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorL View Post
    Israel were the Kingdom of God, but the nation was soon to be destroyed in AD70.
    This reply doesn't address the kingdom being given to another nation.
    Matt.. 21:43 “Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it.

The following indicates that the preaching would go to the Gentiles at a time when Israel failed to respond.
    Isaiah 49:3–6 (KJV): 3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified. 4 Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my work with my God. 5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength. 6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth. .
    Kind regards
    Trevor
    So what did Israel fail to respond to? The kingdom message?

I suggest that the kingdom prophesied in the OT is the church. The OT writers used language they could understand to help them see how great the church is going to be. Like Jesus did with Nicodemus.
    Jn. 3:12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things?

Is Jesus teaching Nicodemus about the "earthly" kingdom, because Nicodemus is a Jew, or is he speaking of the church?
    Jn. 3:5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
    Jn. 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.
    Wretched man that I am.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,215 Times in 10,816 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Matt.. 21:43 “Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it.

I suggest that the kingdom prophesied in the OT is the church. The OT writers used language they could understand to help them see how great the church is going to be. Like Jesus did with Nicodemus.
    Jn. 3:12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things?

Is Jesus teaching Nicodemus about the "earthly" kingdom, because Nicodemus is a Jew, or is he speaking of the church?
    Jn. 3:5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
    Jn. 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.
    You are terribly lacking in knowledge of the law and the prophets.

The 12 apostles were not lacking this knowledge when the asked the Lord about the time of the restoration of the kingdom to Israel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

glorydaz (November 11th, 2018),JudgeRightly (November 10th, 2018),steko (November 10th, 2018),Tambora (November 10th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's gonna' be one of these. Guess which one:

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

glorydaz (November 11th, 2018),Tambora (November 10th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 46,642 Times in 28,777 Posts

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's gonna' be one of these. Guess which one:

ha!

"The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

glorydaz (November 11th, 2018),steko (November 11th, 2018)

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings again turbosixx,
    The word “nation” does not necessarily mean a specific nation as we understand this word today.
    They rejected both Jesus and his message, the One Gospel, and crucified him.
    You still have not answered Daniel 2:44 and 2 Timothy 4:1 which defines the Kingdom as future. The vision of the Transfiguration also was a preview of Jesus in glory in the future Kingdom.

Kind regards
    Trevor

Thanks

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hint, hint, hint!

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
    Jer 31:35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
    Jer 31:36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
    Jer 31:37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

Do the moon, the stars and the sun still shine?

Well... do they?

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

glorydaz (November 11th, 2018),JudgeRightly (November 11th, 2018),Tambora (November 11th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 46,642 Times in 28,777 Posts

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hint, hint, hint!

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
    Jer 31:35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
    Jer 31:36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
    Jer 31:37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

Do the moon, the stars and the sun still shine?

Well... do they?
    Yes, yes they do.

"The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

glorydaz (November 11th, 2018),JudgeRightly (November 11th, 2018),steko (November 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    You are terribly lacking in knowledge of the law and the prophets.

The 12 apostles were not lacking this knowledge when the asked the Lord about the time of the restoration of the kingdom to Israel.
    I'm definitely not even close to where I need to be on the OT.

In your understanding, where/when did the apostles offer the kingdom to Israel?
    Wretched man that I am.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings again turbosixx, The word “nation” does not necessarily mean a specific nation as we understand this word today.
    I totally agree.

They rejected both Jesus and his message, the One Gospel, and crucified him.
    Yep. Did they reject the kingdom? If so, when/where?

You still have not answered Daniel 2:44 and 2 Timothy 4:1 which defines the Kingdom as future. The vision of the Transfiguration also was a preview of Jesus in glory in the future Kingdom.

Kind regards
    Trevor
    Sorry, I thought I had. Daniel 2 is talking about the time of the 4th kingdom. 40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.
    We know the 4th kingdom is the Roman empire.
    Verse 44And in the days of these kings
    Jesus appeared during the 4th kingdom as Daniel prophesied.
    44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Jesus appeared during the time of the Roman empire and said the kingdom was at hand and said that there were people there who would not die before it's establishment.
    Mark 9:1 And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power.”

2 Tim.4:1 I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom:
    Judge the living and the dead by his kingdom. We the church judge the world and angels.
    1 Cor. 6:2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? 3 Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life!

It is my current understanding that when Jesus returns it's game over and that is when he turns the kingdom/church over to God.
    1 Cor. 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

We are in Christ's kingdom now.
    Col. 1:13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son,
    Wretched man that I am.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,215 Times in 10,816 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

I'm definitely not even close to where I need to be on the OT.

In your understanding, where/when did the apostles offer the kingdom to Israel?
    The coming of the kingdom follows exactly what all of the prophets of Israel said throughout their writings. This continued with the Lord's earthly ministry and then with the 12 through the early chapters of the book of Acts.

If you're looking for one particular place where there is an explicit "here is your chance to accept the kingdom", you're not going to find it.

I would highly recommend reading the entire book of Joel, which Peter quotes from in Acts 2, especially chapter 2 from which Peter quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

glorydaz (November 11th, 2018),steko (November 11th, 2018),Tambora (November 12th, 2018)

Thread Information