Thanks
    Thanked 1,886 Times in 1,517 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    Did you know that back then, when the Bible talks about idolatry, that there were pagans/heathen who were sacrificing to their idols? They wouldn't just possess statues of 'gods,' they would literally slaughter animals and burn bread and incense all to worship their deities. Idolatry wasn't just praying to false gods, it was offering sacrifices to them.
    It does not matter what kind of idolatry they were. God wants us to have pure heart to follow Him.

Because nobody has a direct line to Jesus,
    Yes, we do, by His word written in the gospel of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and the Revelation.

So we have no excuse of following man-made doctrines or gospel.
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    meshak - do you go to church on sunday?
    Not any man-made church.

Not for a long time since I left corrupt church.
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,734 Times in 4,188 Posts

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    Not any man-made church.

Not for a long time since I left corrupt church.
    so you don't fellowship with other believers?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (November 2nd, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so you don't fellowship with other believers?
    I fellowship with them spiritually.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's your opinion which you are entitled to have them.

good day.
    Not my opinion - it's fact. You have only given your opinion of who is identified with Babylon but when the bible defines who Babylon is - that God says to "come out of her" - you simply say that it's organizational churches with no justification from the same passage that you are quoting. In other words, we are supposed to believe that this passage in Revelation 18 refers to the organizational church just because you say so. Until you give support that explains how the institutional churches all fulfill verse 3, you are just giving your opinion. Sure...it may be true (just as it's possible you could name anyone on this board and say that they are the antichrist and it may be true)...but so far all you've offered no evidence. No reason to believe what you have said. And since you say the organizational churches are teaching man-made doctrines, don't you think it's important to use something other than your own belief to support what you are saying? You still haven't told us how the organizational church fulfills the description of Babylon in Revelation 18:

For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
    Rev 18:3

If it is true that the organizational churches are Babylon, how have they done all this?
    If God promises life, He slayeth first; when He builds, He casteth all down first. God is no patcher; He cannot build on another's foundation. - William Tyndale

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.
    Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

Isaiah 50:10-11

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolai_42 View Post
    Not my opinion - it's fact.
    I disagree.

So we have to agree with disagree.

I will stand with my statements.

good day.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley D View Post
    There will always be the tares among the wheat. That is why it is important to study the Word. I see a lot of people go to church but few are interested in studying the word.
    IMCO:
    I believe this should be stated as: There will always be some wheat among the tares. Cain fills the pews; Abel is the outcast from the pew. Cain studies the word to have the power of religion (trusting his own understanding of the word) but does not care to (or cannot) have the Spirit, within.
    I Champion GODís holiness:
    - GOD did not need evil so did not create evil for any reason.
    - All evil is creature-created.

I Champion Our Free will:
    - All spirits created in HIS image had an equal ability and opportunity to choose either heaven or hell by their free will.

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,734 Times in 4,188 Posts

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I fellowship with them spiritually.
    you never meet them in person?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How have organizational churches as a whole "committed fornication" with the kings of the earth?
    By following the same spirit as kings and governments for self aggrandizement...thru politics, religious or otherwise.
    I Champion GODís holiness:
    - GOD did not need evil so did not create evil for any reason.
    - All evil is creature-created.

I Champion Our Free will:
    - All spirits created in HIS image had an equal ability and opportunity to choose either heaven or hell by their free will.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree.

So we have to agree with disagree.

I will stand with my statements.

good day.
    You will stand by a statement with no evidence?
    If God promises life, He slayeth first; when He builds, He casteth all down first. God is no patcher; He cannot build on another's foundation. - William Tyndale

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.
    Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to nikolai_42 For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ttruscott View Post
    By following the same spirit as kings and governments for self aggrandizement...thru politics, religious or otherwise.
    That's a bit vague. By that I mean the verse says specifically that Babylon commits religious fornication with the kings of the earth. It seems to indicate a relationship - not just a similarity. The only thing that seems overtly sinful in your proposal is self-aggrandizement. Pride. That is absolutely a problem in many churches but I would think we would see that assessment more directly indicated. The connection between this Babylon and the kings of the earth seems to be primary. For example, having non-profit status as certified by the government. That's an interaction between the church and a "king of the earth". One could make the case that this constitutes fornication since it is essentially playing the political game by the government's rules. But just saying "following the same spirit" seems to me to be too vague and open to multitude applications.

That said, at least you offered some reason. I'd say thank you, but this isn't my thread.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will stand by a statement with no evidence?

It is obvious you will not accept it, no matter what I have to say.

All professed Christians ought to know that man-made churches are all corrupt.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you never meet them in person?
    Look, we are not in the same path, so you will not accept no matter what I say.

Why do you bother asking me questions?

sheesh.

good day.

You are on ignore as usual.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is obvious you will not accept it, no matter what I have to say.

All professed Christians ought to know that man-made churches are all corrupt.
    I won't accept it unless there is some good justification for it.

Even if all churches are corrupt, that doesn't make them Babylon. Babylon - in this passage - has a specific meaning and just calling them all Babylon may make you feel better (because you don't like them) but it doesn't mean they are fulfillment of this prophecy. To claim that they are (if they aren't) is at least careless and at worst very dangerous.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to nikolai_42 For Your Post:

Thread Information