User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 58 of 58

Thread: Only Yahwah is a true God

  1. #46
    Over 5000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5,598
    Thanks
    1,996
    Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,887 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    41290
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyStan View Post
    2Cor 13:14 is one of many references to God : Father Son and Holy Spirit.
    I am fully convinced that God is a Trinity.
    I am not going to answer anymore anti-trinitarian posts.
    You don't have to answer me, but I'm guessing you can't answer me? I'm telling the truth. By the verse you have quoted you seem to be insinuating that I still have a veil over me. Well, it's not me with the veil, I believe Christ Jesus when he says that the father is the only true God and that the father is his God. I also believe Paul when he says that the head of Christ is God, and I believe the apostles when they call the father, the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It's not me unable to see the truth!

  2. #47
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    7,443
    Thanks
    24,163
    Thanked 6,836 Times in 4,294 Posts

    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147603
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    You don't have to answer me, but I'm guessing you can't answer me? I'm telling the truth. By the verse you have quoted you seem to be insinuating that I still have a veil over me. Well, it's not me with the veil, I believe Christ Jesus when he says that the father is the only true God and that the father is his God. I also believe Paul when he says that the head of Christ is God, and I believe the apostles when they call the father, the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It's not me unable to see the truth!
    So, Marhig, perhaps you can answer this question, then:

    Is something (like humility) good because God recognizes it as good?
    OR
    Is something good because God commands it to be good (or as Socrates put it, because God "likes" it)?

  3. #48
    Over 5000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5,598
    Thanks
    1,996
    Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,887 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    41290
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    So, Marhig, perhaps you can answer this question, then:

    Is something (like humility) good because God recognizes it as good?
    OR
    Is something good because God commands it to be good (or as Socrates put it, because God "likes" it)?
    Something is good because God changes our hearts to be good. All true goodness comes from God, and not the worldly sloppy all over each other fake love, but God's love, an unselfish humble love where we love others because God has loved us and changed our heart to be more like that of Christ.

    What has that got to do with the trinity?

  4. #49
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    7,443
    Thanks
    24,163
    Thanked 6,836 Times in 4,294 Posts

    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147603
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Something is good because God changes our hearts to be good.
    But how does God know what is good? Does He recognize something as being good? or does He command it to be good?

    All true goodness comes from God,
    Which brings us back to the question, how does God define "good"? Recognizes it as good, or commands something to be good?

    and not the worldly sloppy all over each other fake love, but God's love, an unselfish humble love where we love others because God has loved us and changed our heart to be more like that of Christ.


    Irrelevant to the topic.

    What has that got to do with the trinity?
    I'll get to that in a moment.

  5. #50
    Over 5000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5,598
    Thanks
    1,996
    Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,887 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    41290
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    But how does God know what is good? Does He recognize something as being good? or does He command it to be good?



    Which brings us back to the question, how does God define "good"? Recognizes it as good, or commands something to be good?





    Irrelevant to the topic.



    I'll get to that in a moment.
    What are you getting at?

  6. #51
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    7,443
    Thanks
    24,163
    Thanked 6,836 Times in 4,294 Posts

    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147603
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    What are you getting at?
    I'm going to show you how God is triune. Could you please answer the question?

    Is something good because God recognizes it as good, or is something good because God commands it to be good?

  7. #52
    Over 5000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5,598
    Thanks
    1,996
    Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,887 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    41290
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    I'm going to show you how God is triune. Could you please answer the question?

    Is something good because God recognizes it as good, or is something good because God commands it to be good?
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    I'm going to show you how God is triune. Could you please answer the question?

    Is something good because God recognizes it as good, or is something good because God commands it to be good?
    What? I've already told you, we are only truly good when God changes our hearts. And it's only those who are willing to lay down their lives and live by the will of God, being a living sacrifice that truly have the life of Christ in them. God commands us to obey him, but he doesn't make us do anything, we have free will to either obey him or not, as Joshua says "choose you this day whom you will serve". And if we are willing to sacrifice our life for Christs sake then God works on our hearts through Christ by the power of the Spirit, and changes our hearts to be more like that of Christ and we are to then remain in God's goodness and carry on living by the will of the father and turn from sin and by the strength of God and by the power of the Spirit through Christ Jesus we can overcome.

    God isn't triune. Not only did Jesus say that the father is the only true God, but he also said why do you call me good there is none God but God!

    I know that there is the father, Son and Holy Ghost, and that they are one in love, heart and mind as we are with them once we are born of God and belong to Christ as seen in John 17. But, the father is the God of all, he is the Almighty God and he is also the God of Christ Jesus as Jesus and the apostles clearly tell us in the Bible.

    Sorry but I have to go out for a bit, I'll answer anything else later.

  8. #53
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    7,443
    Thanks
    24,163
    Thanked 6,836 Times in 4,294 Posts

    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147603
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    What? I've already told you, we are only truly good
    I'm not asking about humans, Marhig. I'm asking about God.

    How does God know what is good?

    when God changes our hearts. And it's only those who are willing to lay down their lives and live by the will of God, being a living sacrifice that truly have the life of Christ in them. God commands us to obey him, but he doesn't make us do anything, we have free will to either obey him or not, as Joshua says "choose you this day whom you will serve". And if we are willing to sacrifice our life for Christs sake then God works on our hearts through Christ by the power of the Spirit, and changes our hearts to be more like that of Christ and we are to then remain in God's goodness and carry on living by the will of the father and turn from sin and by the strength of God and by the power of the Spirit through Christ Jesus we can overcome.
    More .

    You're still not answering my question.

    God isn't triune.
    Saying it doesn't make it so, Marhig.

    I'm going to show you that He is, if you would just answer my question.

    Not only did Jesus say that the father is the only true God, but he also said why do you call me good there is none God but God!
    Rabbit trail.

    Stay on topic please.

    I know that there is the father, Son and Holy Ghost, and that they are one in love, heart and mind as we are with them once we are born of God and belong to Christ as seen in John 17. But, the father is the God of all, he is the Almighty God and he is also the God of Christ Jesus as Jesus and the apostles clearly tell us in the Bible.
    Even more .

    Why is it so hard for you people to answer a simple (well, maybe not so simple) question?

    Does God recognize goodness? or does He command things to be good?

    Sorry but I have to go out for a bit, I'll answer anything else later.


    MARHIG: Here is the one question you need to answer (at least for now):

    How does God define "goodness"?
    Does He recognize something as good?
    Or does He command things to be good?

  9. #54
    Over 5000 post club CherubRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,600
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 447 Times in 375 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1210
    Quote Originally Posted by CherubRam View Post
    Because KJV Rev 1:11 was found to be a corruption it is not included into other bibles.

    KJV Revelation 1:11. Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last:
    Revelation 1:11 in all bibles: https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Revelation%201:11

  10. #55
    Over 5000 post club CherubRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,600
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 447 Times in 375 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1210
    Have you noticed how Trinitarians ignore what other scriptures and history says?

  11. #56
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    7,443
    Thanks
    24,163
    Thanked 6,836 Times in 4,294 Posts

    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147603
    Quote Originally Posted by CherubRam View Post
    Have you noticed how Trinitarians ignore what other scriptures and history says?
    Have you noticed that you ignore what Trinitarians say?

    Cherub, (this may seem off topic, but I promise that it ties in nicely with God being triune, proves it in fact) How does God know something is good?

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    lifeisgood (November 1st, 2018)

  13. #57
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    480
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 115 Times in 89 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19129
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    You don't have to answer me, but I'm guessing you can't answer me? I'm telling the truth. By the verse you have quoted you seem to be insinuating that I still have a veil over me. Well, it's not me with the veil, I believe Christ Jesus when he says that the father is the only true God and that the father is his God. I also believe Paul when he says that the head of Christ is God, and I believe the apostles when they call the father, the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It's not me unable to see the truth!
    Fair enough. I accept there are interesting verses that support your point of view.
    Once an elderly lady said she didn't believe the trinity and she doubted that she was a Christian.
    I have thought that no-one has a theology without errors.So for me I accept the trinity . I rejoice in the fellowship of love that we share with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Thanks for your challenging comments.

  14. #58
    Over 5000 post club CherubRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,600
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 447 Times in 375 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1210
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Have you noticed that you ignore what Trinitarians say?

    Cherub, (this may seem off topic, but I promise that it ties in nicely with God being triune, proves it in fact) How does God know something is good?
    How come True Orthodox Judaism has always rejected that God is a Trinity? How come Gnostic Pagan Christians claim that God is a Trinity?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us