User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 54

Thread: Anti- Calvinists Ignore the Fall !

  1. #16
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    480
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 115 Times in 89 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19129
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Don't forget that Cain had a brother that did good.
    Gen4:3-4 The Lord approved of or accepted Abel's offering. Abel may have done good with his offering. But Abel was still a sinner. Abel was not sinless or perfect!

  2. #17
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23,217
    Thanks
    14,336
    Thanked 36,722 Times in 18,328 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147800
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyStan View Post
    Gen4:3-4 The Lord approved of or accepted Abel's offering. Abel may have done good with his offering. But Abel was still a sinner. Abel was not sinless or perfect!
    Who are you to condemn Abel?

    Heb. 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 29th, 2018),Tambora (November 8th, 2018)

  4. #18
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,669
    Thanks
    1,993
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 2,485 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyStan View Post
    Gen4:3-4 The Lord approved of or accepted Abel's offering. Abel may have done good with his offering. But Abel was still a sinner. Abel was not sinless or perfect!
    He still was acceptable to God.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  5. #19
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    480
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 115 Times in 89 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19129
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Who are you to condemn Abel?

    Heb. 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
    I am not condemning Abel. Abel was not sinless or perfect. Heb 11:4 speaks of the righteousness of faith.
    Heb 11:39-40 says Abel was not yet perfect!

  6. #20
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    480
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 115 Times in 89 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19129
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    He still was acceptable to God.
    Yes, acceptable to God, not because he was sinless or perfect, but through the rightiousness of faith.

  7. #21
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23,217
    Thanks
    14,336
    Thanked 36,722 Times in 18,328 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147800
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyStan View Post
    I am not condemning Abel. Abel was not sinless or perfect. Heb 11:4 speaks of the righteousness of faith.
    Heb 11:39-40 says Abel was not yet perfect!
    What law was Abel under that he would be guilty of sin?

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 29th, 2018),Tambora (November 8th, 2018)

  9. #22
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,669
    Thanks
    1,993
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 2,485 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyStan View Post
    Yes, acceptable to God, not because he was sinless or perfect, but through the rightiousness of faith.
    What's your point?
    Who said he was perfect before Jesus shed his blood?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  10. #23
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    480
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 115 Times in 89 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19129
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    What's your point?
    Who said he was perfect before Jesus shed his blood?
    just in case anyone thought he was perfect

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to BoyStan For Your Post:

    God's Truth (October 29th, 2018)

  12. #24
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,669
    Thanks
    1,993
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 2,485 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyStan View Post
    just in case anyone thought he was perfect
    God accepted him as righteous, but that doesn't mean he was perfect.
    It does show that not all are all evil, but there are good people too.

    Jesus' blood makes people perfect, when we are saved through it.

    Even those who died in the flesh but lived in the spirit weren't made perfect until Jesus' shed blood on the cross.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  13. #25
    Over 500 post club ttruscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    634
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 37 Times in 29 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    17879
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyStan View Post
    Sin entered the world through one man,Adam(Rom5:12).
    Through Adam all men became sinners(Rom5:12).
    Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned... It clearly says that sin and death entered with Adam then death spread to every man born in Adam because all were already sinners when they were conceived! I agree we inherited his death so Christ need only once for all of us - it does not say that we inherited Adam's sin which is a blasphemous theological construct to fill in an ignorance.

    You may wish it said "because all sinned...by inheriting Adam's sin" but it does not say that and the inference that it does is driven by a false theology that GOD who is love and righteous justice can create evil people.
    I Champion GOD’s holiness:
    - GOD did not need evil so did not create evil for any reason.
    - All evil is creature-created.

    I Champion Our Free will:
    - All spirits created in HIS image had an equal ability and opportunity to choose either heaven or hell by their free will.

  14. #26
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    480
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 115 Times in 89 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19129
    God is holy. God does not create evil people.
    Last edited by BoyStan; November 2nd, 2018 at 07:16 PM.

  15. #27
    Over 1500 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,522
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 174 Times in 149 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyStan View Post
    God is holy. God does not create evil people.
    God says "yes" to the fertilization of an egg, resulting in conception of a human life. Because of Adam's sin, that zygote is already programmed with a corruption, a virus if you will, that is by nature evil in that the human will be a rebel against God.
    God is holy, but sin has affected all of His creation.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to MennoSota For Your Post:

    BoyStan (November 2nd, 2018)

  17. #28
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    480
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 115 Times in 89 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19129
    Quote Originally Posted by ttruscott View Post
    Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned... It clearly says that sin and death entered with Adam then death spread to every man born in Adam because all were already sinners when they were conceived! I agree we inherited his death so Christ need only once for all of us - it does not say that we inherited Adam's sin which is a blasphemous theological construct to fill in an ignorance.

    You may wish it said "because all sinned...by inheriting Adam's sin" but it does not say that and the inference that it does is driven by a false theology that GOD who is love and righteous justice can create evil people.
    Many theological permutations are possible from Rom5:12-19 and I will leave the fine tuning to the PHD's.
    The effects of Adam's sinning are obvious and easy enough to grasp(Eph2:1-3).

  18. #29
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23,217
    Thanks
    14,336
    Thanked 36,722 Times in 18,328 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147800
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyStan View Post
    God is holy. God does not create evil people.
    You'll never convince a Calvinist of that. To them, man is so depraved he cannot even seek God, much less hear or respond to the Gospel. In fact, I've even heard them go so far as to say the unsaved HATE God, though they know Him not. Take a verse and twist it...quite the game.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (November 3rd, 2018),Tambora (November 8th, 2018)

  20. #30
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23,217
    Thanks
    14,336
    Thanked 36,722 Times in 18,328 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147800
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyStan View Post
    Many theological permutations are possible from Rom5:12-19 and I will leave the fine tuning to the PHD's.
    The effects of Adam's sinning are obvious and easy enough to grasp(Eph2:1-3).
    Sin entered the world. Live in the world long enough without God, and you will eventually walk according to the course of the world.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (November 3rd, 2018),Tambora (November 8th, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us