Thread: Calvin-ism Leads to Heaven!

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    If all you believed were Scripture, then you would accept this as the gospel, and not add anything to it.

But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach):that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” - Romans 10:8-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...3&version=NKJV
    The acronym TULIP does not add to scripture, but it summarises the 5 basic points of God's gospel truth!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BoyStan For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (October 24th, 2018)

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saying it doesn't make it so, Stan.

But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach):that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” - Romans 10:8-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...3&version=NKJV

That's the Gospel. Nothing about TULIP in there.

Total depravity, Unconditional election, Limited atonement, Irresistible grace and Perseverance of the saints!

This TULIP is the glorious truth of God.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BoyStan For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (October 24th, 2018)

Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,836 Times in 4,294 Posts

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoyStan View Post
    The acronym TULIP does not add to scripture, but it summarises the 5 basic points of God's gospel truth!
    TULIP is man-made.

Romans 10:8-13 is God-breathed.

I'll stick with Scripture over something man came up with.

Total depravity, Unconditional election, Limited atonement, Irresistible grace and Perseverance of the saints!
    The following verses refute each of the letters of TULIP.

THE CALVINIST T. U. L. I. P.
    REFUTED BY SCRIPTURE
    Compiled by John Henry

INTRODUCTION:

Calvinism is a man made philosophy depending on fallible human logic which total ignores many clear Scriptures, perverts many, and misuses others. Long before John Calvin's time the teaching was presented by the Roman Catholic heretic Augustine. Here are some Scriptures soundly refute the errors of the Calvinist TULIP:

T = TOTAL INABILITY (Called in Calvinism, Total Depravity, but actually taught as the Total Inability of man to choose Truth. The Calvinist plays many such word games. The Word of God teaches that God created man with the ability to reason, choose, and receive Truth.):

Ephesians 2:8: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God."

Romans 10:17: "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God."

James 1:21: "Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and RECEIVE with meekness the engrafted Word, which is able to save your souls."

Isaiah1:18: "Come now, and let us REASON together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

Deuteronomy 30:19: "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore CHOOSE LIFE, that both thou and thy seed may live."

Joshua 24:15: "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, CHOOSE you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

Psalm 119:30, 111, 173: "I have CHOSEN The Way of Truth: Thy Judgments have I laid before me....Thy Testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for They are the rejoicing of my heart....Let Thine hand help me; for I have chosen Thy Precepts."

John 1:12: "But as many as RECEIVED him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name."

2 Timothy 1:12: "...I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have COMMITTED unto him against that day."

U = UNCONDITIONAL ELECTION (Calvinism teaches that God selects those who are to be saved without any condition, but the Bible teaches that there is one condition to salvation: faith.):

1 Peter 1:2: "Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ..."

2 Thessalonians 2:13: "...God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the Truth."

Luke 7:50: "... Thy faith hath saved thee ..."

Ephesians 2:8: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God."

L = LIMITED ATONEMENT (Calvinism teaches that Christ died only for the elect, but the Bible teaches that He died for all mankind. The reason not all are saved is because they failed to repent and receive the Saviour, not because He didn't provide for their salvation.):

Isaiah 53:6: "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us ALL."

1 Timothy 4:10: "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of ALL MEN, specially of those that believe."

1 John 2:2: "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of THE WHOLE WORLD."

Hebrews 2:9: "But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that He by the grace of God should taste death for EVERY MAN."

1 Timothy 2:4: "Who will have ALL MEN to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the Truth."

I = IRRESISTIBLE GRACE (Calvinism teaches that God's grace for salvation cannot be resisted, but the Word of God says it can be resisted):

Lamentations 3:35-36: "To turn aside the right of a man before the face of the most High, To subvert a man in his cause, the Lord approveth not."

Matthew 23:37: "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and YE WOULD NOT!"

John 5:39-40: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And YE WILL NOT come to me, that ye might have life."

Acts 7:51: "Ye stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always RESIST the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye."

Proverbs 1:24-26: "Because I have called, and YE REFUSED; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh."

Proverbs 29:1: "He, that being often reproved HARDENETH HIS NECK, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy."

P = PERSEVERANCE (The Bible teaches preservation of the saints; not perseverance of the saints):

Jude 1: "... to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and PRESERVED in Jesus Christ..."

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24: "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly: and I pray God your whole spirit and soul, and body be PRESERVED blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. "

John 10:27-29: "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life: and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all, and no man is able to pluck them out of my Fathers hand."

Colossians 3:3-4: "For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory."

Hebrews 7:25: "Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them."

CONCLUSION:

Calvinism clearly errs from the teaching of the Word of God on all 5 points of it's TULIP. The logical conclusion of Calvinism is that God is an unfair respecter of persons who chooses people to salvation, not according to any standard that He established, but arbitrarily. This strikes at the love and justice of God, contradicts the fact that Christ gave his life for ALL, and rejects man's responsibility to choose and love his Creator.

Proverbs 24:23: "... It is not good to have respect of persons in judgment."

Acts 10:34-35: "... Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth Him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with Him."

John 6:28-29: "... What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? ... This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him whom He hath sent.

__________________________________________________ ____

Copyright 2002 (c) by author. Readers are encouraged to share this
    article with others; all copying and distribution of this article must be
    done in its entirety and must include this notice including the below
    e-mail address and web site URL:

E-mail: KJV@LandmarkBibleBaptist.net

http://.LandmarkBibleBaptist.net

John Henry

From: http://heresies.landmarkbiblebaptist.net/calvinism.html

No, it's not. It did not come from God, it came from a man who was not inspired by the Holy Spirit to write what he wrote.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,257 Times in 10,840 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

TULIP is man-made.
    He may have also had demonic help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Thanks

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    He may have also had demonic help.
    I doubt that. Neither angels nor demons are omnipresent, and there aren't enough demons to go around.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,257 Times in 10,840 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Question

I doubt that. Neither angels nor demons are omnipresent, and there aren't enough demons to go around.
    You don't think these massive false doctrines could have been helped along by the forces of darkness?
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Thanks

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    You don't think these massive false doctrines could have been helped along by the forces of darkness?
    I think that it's certainly possible, but I don't think it's likely.

I think it's mostly, if not completely, a result of not reading and understanding what is plainly written, along with trying to force pagan ideas into scripture, all combined with the fallible nature of man.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is one of those 'basic points' Christ's Resurrection?
    Which one of those is Christ's Resurrection?
    Where is Christ's Resurrection?
    Without the resurrection there is no gospel. But the gospel is more than just the resurrection.
    Agreed.
    The five points of TULIP are gospel truth!
    Where is Christ's Resurrection in TULIP?
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

@Nee_Nihilo

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Idolater For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (October 24th, 2018),Right Divider (October 25th, 2018)

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,954 Times in 2,266 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TULIP is man-made.
    A nice tactic that overlooks the plain fact that once you start summarizing what you think Scripture teaches, you are doing man-made work. You even went so far as to provide another man's efforts to support your "man-made" vs. "Just Me and My Bible" cavil. The statement to the effect "I do not follow the works of man, but only the Bible" is actually a man-made statement, a self-refuting statement of what has just been claimed. If you were actually honest about such a claim you would never post anything in a discussion site except direct quotations from Scripture. Of course, the discerning see the nonsense of this. Irony abounds and your desire to be your own pope is made clear.

TULIP is an acrostic created by a nineteenth century pastor as a memory aid to describe summaries of the doctrines of grace from Scripture. These doctrines of grace were summarized at Dordt in response to the actual points made by the Remonstrants. Calvin did not invent TULIP. In fact, he had been dead for around 50 years by the time of the convening of Dordt to respond to the Remonstrants.

The Scripture support for the doctrines of grace summaries contained with TULIP are manifold. To claim something is man-made and somehow irrelevant to discussions concerning doctrine is an amateur's mistake.

Spoiler

To me, the teachings of Scripture are absolutely and unmistakably clear about the fundamental aspects of our salvation:

(1) sinners are utterly helpless to redeem themselves or to contribute anything meritorious toward their own salvation (Romans 8:7-8);
    (2) God is sovereign in the exercise of His saving will (Ephesians 1:4-5);
    (3) Jesus Christ's substitutionary death on behalf of His people bore the full weight of God's wrath on behalf of His people, and Jesus Christ's atoning work alone is efficacious for the salvation of His people (Isaiah 53:5);
    (4) the saving purpose of God cannot be thwarted (John 6:37), thus none of Jesus Christ's true sheep will ever be lost (John 10:27-29), because
    (5) the perseverance of Jesus Christ's elect are assured by God (Jude 24; Philemon 1:6; 1 Peter 1:5).

TOTAL DEPRAVITY (Radical Corruption) - "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?? (Jer 17:9)
    Man has a will and his will is in bondage to his nature. The will of man is free to choose according to the dictates of his nature, but it is not free to contradict his nature. From Adam's fall the nature of every man has been sinful. Therefore, every action of the unsaved man is sinful and rebellious; it is stained through and through by his sin nature. The unregenerate man cannot perform even one single righteous or pleasing work with respect to a holy God, for their actions are wrongly motivated, that is, not for the glory of God, and are but filthy rags in the eyes of God.

See: Genesis 6:5, Genesis 8:19, Genesis 8:21, Jeremiah 17:9, Psalm 22:29, Psalm 51:5, Psalm 58:3, Psalm 130:3, Psalm 143:2, Proverbs 20:9, Job 14:4, Job 15:14-16, Ecclesiastes 7:20, Ecclesiastes 7:29, Ecclesiastes 9:3, Isaiah 53:6, Isaiah 64:6-7, Jeremiah 13:23, Jeremiah 17:9, 2 Chronicles 6:36, John 3:3, John 3:19, John 6:44, John 6:65, John 8:44, Romans 3:9-18, Romans 5:12, Romans 5:18-19, Romans 6:20, Romans 7:18, Romans 7:23-24, Romans 8:7-8, 1 Corinthians 2:14, Ephesians 2:1-3, Ephesians 4:18, 2 Timothy 2:26-26, 1 John 3:4, 1 John 3:10, 1 John 5:19, Titus 3:3

UNCONDITIONAL ELECTION (Sovereign Election) – “... though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad, in order that God’s purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls..” (Rom 9:11)
    God’s election is truly unconditional. The foreknowledge of God is based upon His decree, plan, and purpose; it is the expression of His will and good pleasure, not a response to man's free-will choices. Election is the sovereign act of God the Father choosing specific individuals out from the entire body of condemned and fallen humanity. These individuals were chosen before the foundations of the universe and not as a result of any foreseen merit or activity or decision on their part. These chosen or elect individuals are purposed to become monuments to the Father's love for all of eternity. In this regard it is understood election is an example of God’s "love before time."

See: Deuteronomy 7:6-8, Deuteronomy 10:14-15, Lamentations 5:21, Isaiah 55:11, Amos 3:2, Jeremiah 1:5, Matthew 7:23, Matthew 24:22-24, Matthew 24:31, Luke 12:6-7, John 6:37-39, John 6:44, John 6:65, John 15:16, John 17:19, Acts 2:23, Acts 11:18, Acts 13:48, Acts 17:26, Acts 18:27, Romans 8:28-39, Romans 9:11-16, Romans 11:5, 1 Corinthians 1:26-31, 1 Corinthians 8:3, Ephesians 1:1-14, Ephesians 2:4-10, 1 Thessalonians 1:4-5, 1 Thessalonians 5:9, 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14, Philippians 1:29, Philippians 2:12-13, 1 Timothy 5:21, 2 Timothy 1:9-10, 2 Timothy 2:19, 2 Timothy 2:25, 1 Peter 1:1-2, 1 Peter 1:4-5, 1 Peter 1:20, 2 Peter 1:5-11

LIMITED ATONEMENT (Particular Redemption) - "...you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins." (Matt 1:21)
    In order to accomplish the specific will of the Father, Christ took to the Cross the sins of the elect. Christ died for the sins of men without distinction as to race or nationality (that is, Jew or Gentile) that no man can number. He provided a complete and effectual atonement for their sins. Those whom Christ redeemed, Christ really and truly redeemed (actual not potential). Though infinite in value, Christ's atoning work was specific in its design. Some prefer to call this "definite atonement" or "particular redemption". The death of Christ at Calvary does not make men savable, but rather it saves men completely. The Cross is a completed, successful work that requires no assistance from man. Christ died for all of the sins of the elect. Other views of the scope of the atonement must avoid the idea of all the sins lest these views proclaim a universal salvation. For, if Christ died for all of the sins of all men without exception, upon what basis would any man be denied heaven? Remember, unbelief is a sin and therefore a sin for which Christ died if He has truly died for all the sins of all men without exception.

See: Psalm 34:22, Isaiah 53:8, Matthew 1:21, Matthew 20:28, Matthew 26:28, Luke 1:68, Luke 2:1-2, Luke 19:10, John 3:16 (the Father gave His Son for whom? - according to this verse the Son was given for whoever believes in Him (the believing ones) not for the ones not believing in Him), John 5:13, John 6:35-40, John 10:11, John 10:14 -18, John 10:24-29, John 12:32, John 17:1-11, John 17:20, John 17:24-26, Acts 20:28, Romans 5:8-10, Romans 5:18, Romans 8:32-34, Galatians 3:13, Ephesians 1:3-4, Ephesians 1:7, Ephesians 1:13, Ephesians 2:15-16, Ephesians 5:25-27, Hebrews 2:9, Hebrews 2:17, Hebrews 3:1, Hebrews 9:12, Hebrews 9:28, Hebrews 10:14, Colossians 1:21-22, 2 Corinthians 5:14-15, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19, 1 Timothy 1:15, 2 Timothy 2:4-6, 2 Peter 3:9, 1 John 2:1-2, 1 John 4:14, Titus 2:14, Revelation 5:9.

IRRESISTIBLE GRACE (Effectual Election) - "...those whom he called he also justified?" (Rom 8:30)
    The Holy Spirit, in agreement with the electing will of the Father and the atoning work of the Son, does in the fullness of time quicken the dead spirit of a man and give to him the gift of saving faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. The logical order of salvation is regeneration first, followed by faith/believing. Since dead men do not respond, God must make them alive first (Eph 2:4-5); regeneration, of necessity, precedes any action or activity on the part of man, including faith and repentance. Hence, every single individual upon whom the Spirit of God moves savingly is regenerated, born again, adopted, grafted in, and saved eternally. This saving grace is not coercion. Rather, by transforming the heart, this grace makes the believer wholly willing to trust and obey.

See: Deuteronomy 30:6, Isaiah 55:7, Ezekiel 11:19-20, Ezekiel 18:23, Ezekiel 36:26-27, John 1:12-13 but of God, John 1:12-13, John 3:3-8, John 5:21, John 5:24 - the perfect tense verb reads has already passed from death unto life, John 6:37-39, John 6:38, John 10:16, John 11:14-15, John 11:25, John 11:38-44 , John 17:2, Acts 2:38, Acts 5:31, Acts 11:18, Acts 13:48, Acts 16:14, Acts 17:30, Acts 18:27, Romans 8:8, Romans 8:28-30, Romans 8:32, Romans 9:16, Galatians 6:15, Ephesians 1:3, Ephesians 1:7, Ephesians 1:13, Ephesians 2:1-10, Philippians 1:29, Philippians 2:12-13, 1 Corinthians 4:7, 1 Corinthians 6:11, 1 Corinthians 12:3, 2 Corinthians 3:6, 2 Corinthians 3:17, 2 Corinthians 5:17-18, Colossians 2:13, James 1:18, 2 Timothy 2:25, Titus 3:5, 1 Peter 1:2-3, 1 Peter 1:23, 1 John 5:1 - a perfect tense verb used here and reads has already been born of God, 1 John 3:7, 1 John 5:4.

PERSEVERANCE OF THE SAINTS (The Preservation of The Saints) - "...those whom he justified he also glorified." (Rom 8:30)
    Since God is the Author and Finisher of our faith, man cannot fall away from eternal salvation. Once a man has been born-again he cannot be unborn-again. Furthermore, the elect of God will definitely manifest evidences of their salvation by means of good works. The elect shall, by the grace of God and without exception, ultimately persevere in righteousness. The eternal security of the believer in the Lord Jesus Christ is demonstrated by the persevering faith and righteousness wrought by the grace of God in His little begotten ones.

See: Isaiah 43:1-3, Jeremiah 32:40, John 3:16, John 3:36, John 5:24, John 6:35-40, John 6:47, John 6:51, John 10:27-30, John 11:25, John 14:21, John 15:1-11, John 17:12, John 17:15, Romans 8:29-30, Romans 8:35-39, Ephesians 1:5, Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 2:10 God's workmanship, Ephesians 4:30, Hebrews 5:11-6:12, Philippians 1:6, Philippians 2:12-13, Philippians 3:12-15, 1 Corinthians 1:8 , 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24, 2 Timothy 1:12, 2 Timothy 4:18, 1 Peter 1:3-5, 1 Peter 1:23, 1 Peter 5:10, 2 Peter 2:10, 1 John 2:19, 1 John 2:25, 1 John 3:9, 1 John 5:13, 1 John 5:18, Jude 24-25.

AMR
    Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ask Mr. Religion For Your Post:

BoyStan (October 25th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,863 Times in 4,284 Posts

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    this post is man-made

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (October 25th, 2018)

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Is one of those 'basic points' Christ's Resurrection?" Yes indeed. If Christ is not risen then there is no salvation.
    Christ is our great High Priest now in the presence of God, and his intercession for us ensures the total validity of the 5 points of the TULIP acronym.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Is one of those 'basic points' Christ's Resurrection?" Yes indeed.
    Where is it in TULIP?
    If Christ is not risen then there is no salvation.
    Correct, though Paul goes even further than that, in essentially saying that the Christian faith itself is a FRAUD/SHAM, "if Christ be not risen" (1Co15:14KJV).
    Christ is our great High Priest now in the presence of God, and his intercession for us ensures the total validity of the 5 points of the TULIP acronym.
    This is like saying that Paul was a Clavinist. You're begging the question. In the sense that you're presuming your position is correct, and then fitting everything to that presupposed conclusion.

The reality is that Catholicism is correct, because it, unlike Evangelicals/Protestants/Clavinists, receives the whole Apostolic witness, their whole body of work and of knowledge, not just the knowledge written down (and then subsequently recognized as Scripture itself). The Apostles didn't only teach what is contained in the New Testament, the New Testament constitutes Apostolic teachings, certainly, but not all of it. They also had tongues, along with pens, and they spread the Gospel, along with their authentic teachings, by word-of-mouth, along with by epistles and other literature.

Luke's Gospel even begins by confirming that what is contained therein was previously only known by word-of-mouth, but that he Luke was committing what was prior to his Gospel oral tradition, to writing. Each New Testament book is a physical recording of Apostolic teaching, that before the authors wrote them, were oral tradition.

@Nee_Nihilo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,765 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without the resurrection there is no gospel. But the gospel is more than just the resurrection. The five points of TULIP are gospel truth!
    I agree !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,765 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

boystan

Without the resurrection there is no gospel.
    Agreed, so what does the resurrection of Christ signify to you as why its vital to the Gospel ?
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    ...once you start summarizing what you think Scripture teaches, you are doing man-made work.
    And the activity 'summarizing what the Scripture teaches' is not found in Scripture. What is found, is that there are authentic pastors, the bishops, and their job is to teach, to feed Christ's 'flock,' both in teaching, and in the Eucharist. And this they have done unceasingly from the beginning, and as the centuries have passed, we have seen more and more of that authentic teaching being made abundantly clear for all of us.

Where in prior centuries, we had these bishops who heard what this Apostle said, and these other bishops who heard what this other Apostle said, etc., today we have all these Apostolic teachings integrated together, including the Apostolic teachings committed to writing as found in the New Testament, all found in one place, the 'Catechism of the Catholic Church.'

It's man-made to disregard the episcopal office of the one Church that Christ Himself founded, and that His Apostles administrated/pastored.

And it's man-made to put any 'summary' of Scripture on the same level of authority as Scripture. The bishops don't teach 'summary,' they teach what the Apostles themselves taught.
    The statement to the effect "I do not follow the works of man, but only the Bible" is actually a man-made statement
    In your opinion, is it right and just to state "I only follow what the bishops authoritatively teach?"
    ...your desire to be your own pope is made clear.
    Who is the authentic pope?
    TULIP is an acrostic created by a nineteenth century pastor....
    Not by an authentic pastor though, it should be noted. He wasn't the product of Apostolic succession, through the sacrament of Holy Orders, the imposition of hands upon newly consecrated bishops, by already consecrated bishops, this consecration beginning when the Apostles themselves created their own successors, and with their own hands.
    ...as a memory aid to describe summaries of the doctrines of grace from Scripture.
    This is made up man-made work, never mentioned in Scripture. The notion that we are to plumb the depths of Scripture, and only of Scripture, to determine the correct and authentic doctrines of our faith, is nowhere found within Scripture, but what is found there, is the episcopal office, men who are given the assignment of teaching the authentic/Apostolic doctrines, of the one (Eph4:5KJV) Christian faith.
    These doctrines of grace were summarized at Dordt in response to the actual points made by the Remonstrants.
    It's worth noting that nobody at this time was disagreeing about the centrality of Christ's Resurrection to the one Christian faith, but only about the teachings explaining Christ's Resurrection, in relation to the total expression of the one faith. That is to say, the Protestant Reformers weren't accusing Catholics and Catholic clergy of denying the historicity of Christ's Resurrection, nor of not teaching this central and crowning truth of the faith.
    The Scripture support for the doctrines of grace summaries contained with TULIP are manifold.
    How do Clavinists explain the fact that Christians commit serious sins, such as the ones listed in various New Testament epistles, warning that such behavior warrants exclusion from the kingdom of God? Do they just conclude that no such serious sinner actually, really believes the Gospel? In effect, making our salvation dependent upon us avoiding serious sins, and forever?
    ...the teachings of Scripture are absolutely and unmistakably clear about the fundamental aspects of our salvation:
    Agreed. When Paul identifies just one thing, Christ's Resurrection (Mt28:6KJV Mk16:6KJV Lk24:6KJV), as the sine qua non of the Christian faith (1Co15:14KJV), and also identifies just one tenet, Christ's Resurrection (Mt28:6KJV Mk16:6KJV Lk24:6KJV), that is needful for belief in order to be saved (Ro10:9KJV), we know that believing in Christ's Resurrection (Mt28:6KJV Mk16:6KJV Lk24:6KJV) is what is meant by "Whosoever believeth on him" (Ro10:11KJV), "whosoever believeth in him" (Jn3:16KJV), and, "we have believed in Jesus Christ" (Ga2:16KJV).

@Nee_Nihilo

Thread Information