User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
Results 136 to 146 of 146

Thread: Proof: You were only forgiven of your past sins!

  1. #136
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,669
    Thanks
    1,993
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 2,485 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    What do you think I've been DOING!?



    This is called an argument from silence.



    Which has no bearing on what I asked.

    I asked you to provide where Jesus' disciples taught Christ's resurrection prior to his crucifixion.

    You could argue that they could have done so and it was never recorded, but it's not likely, considering their response to His stating CLEARLY that he would be crucified, along with their responses to His death.

    You CANNOT ARGUE with any authority, however, that they did teach His resurrection prior to His crucifixion, which is what you have been doing, because there IS NO EVIDENCE THAT THEY DID SUCH.

    Therefore, your argument falls apart when you try to assert that they taught the same thing Paul did, because Paul taught the resurrection of Christ, the Twelve (at least as far as it was recorded) never did.



    You clearly don't know what my position is if you think I should do that.







    Why is it irritating? Do you have a beam in your eye?



    Which, again, has little to nothing to do with what I asked.



    Good scripture, but it doesn't answer my question.



    I don't have to. You keep doing it for my by not providing scripture that shows where the Disciples taught Christ's resurrection prior to his crucifixion.

    That is one huge piece of evidence that Paul taught something other than what the Twelve taught.



    Uh, no. It was TO BE JESUS' throne on EARTH.

    God, who is spirit, doesn't need a throne.



    And Jesus became a man.





    This has nothing to do with what we were talking about.







    Uh, no, that's when Jesus will rule with a ROD OF IRON.



    Duh. How is that relevant to the topic?







    Then you assert that "circumcision" and "uncircumcision" are the same.



    It's only confusing to you, GT.

    God is not the author of confusion.



    Sure, I could, but what good would it do you when you clearly think that you have it right and won't even consider that you're wrong?



    So you don't know what a plot twist is?



    Paul taught Romans 10:9-10, to have faith in who Jesus is (Lord Jesus Christ), and what He did (raised Himself from the dead).

    Repentance came later.



    "Repent" means "to turn away".

    To "repent and turn to God" means to turn away and turn to God.

    It says nothing about sin.



    And they received the gospel of the circumcision from the Twelve.



    "It" being "the gospel of the circumcision.

    Paul taught the gospel of the uncircumcision to the Gentiles, the uncircumcised.
    Explain to me what you think the gospel to the circumcised is.

    Explain to me how you get that Paul came and taught a different gospel.

    As for our repenting, we humans have to repent of our sins and have faith.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  2. #137
    LIFETIME MEMBER Bright Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calfornia
    Posts
    8,696
    Thanks
    336
    Thanked 4,390 Times in 2,546 Posts

    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147735
    One of the Bible’s greatest truths is that Christ died to take away all our sins–not just part of them, but all of them: past, present, and future.

    This is why you shouldn’t fear that you will lose your salvation every time you commit a sin. If that were the case, you and I would lose our salvation every day–because we sin every day. Even if our actions are pure, our thoughts often are not. And even if our actions and thoughts are pure, we still sin because of the good things we should be doing but fail to do.

    Never forget: Your salvation does not depend on you and how good you are.

    It depends solely on Christ and what He has already done for you through His death on the cross. The Bible says that Christ “appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself” (Hebrews 9:26).

    Does that mean it doesn’t matter whether or not you sin? No, of course not. Sin is serious; it is an offense to God, and it breaks our fellowship with Him. Sin also compromises our witness for Christ. The Bible is clear: “Be holy, because I am holy” (1 Peter 1:16).

    But you cannot live the Christian life in your own strength. You need God’s help–which is why He has given His Holy Spirit to you. When you sin, confess it immediately, and then seek the Holy Spirit’s help each day to live as you should.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

    Jim Elliot

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

    steko (November 2nd, 2018)

  4. #138
    Over 4000 post club Rosenritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    The land of ice and snow.
    Posts
    4,481
    Thanks
    814
    Thanked 1,516 Times in 1,191 Posts

    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    190068
    Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyB View Post
    Are you afraid to tackle the verses in the OP?
    There's a bot that randomly posts "You don't know how to rightly divide the word of God" in threads. Don't expect it to have any relevance to meaning or content.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosenritter For Your Post:

    meshak (November 3rd, 2018)

  6. #139
    TOL Subscriber PneumaPsucheSoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In Christ
    Posts
    3,683
    Thanks
    342
    Thanked 649 Times in 502 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    107237
    It’s sad that not one person on this thread actually understands Hamartiology, instead thinking that the noun of sin is the verb or its results as actions from actING.

    Literally, not one person understands it, but all are offering adamant subjective opinion-based eisegetics of scripture. Sad.
    Ecclesia reformata et semper reformanda secundum verbum Dei
    “The Church reformed and always reforming, according to the Word of God.”

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to PneumaPsucheSoma For Your Post:

    George Affleck (November 11th, 2018)

  8. #140
    LIFETIME MEMBER steko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    13,505
    Thanks
    27,959
    Thanked 21,603 Times in 11,868 Posts

    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147717
    Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyB View Post
    GT ... there are several people here who are ...
    “always learning and NEVER able to come to the knowledge of the truth” (2 Timothy 3:7, NKJV)
    Thus, and so, it's a waste of time to deal with them.
    IMO, we should try to help those whom we see
    are OPEN to the truth.
    That accusation can run right back at ya'.
    Last edited by steko; November 2nd, 2018 at 09:58 PM.
    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (November 3rd, 2018),Right Divider (November 3rd, 2018)

  10. #141
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,669
    Thanks
    1,993
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 2,485 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PneumaPsucheSoma View Post
    It’s sad that not one person on this thread actually understands Hamartiology, instead thinking that the noun of sin is the verb or its results as actions from actING.

    Literally, not one person understands it, but all are offering adamant subjective opinion-based eisegetics of scripture. Sad.
    What about sin would you like to talk about?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  11. #142
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,730
    Thanks
    11,262
    Thanked 19,175 Times in 10,801 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147683

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    What about sin would you like to talk about?
    Pride... you're a pro with that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (November 3rd, 2018)

  13. #143
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,730
    Thanks
    11,262
    Thanked 19,175 Times in 10,801 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147683

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by PneumaPsucheSoma View Post
    It’s sad that not one person on this thread actually understands Hamartiology, instead thinking that the noun of sin is the verb or its results as actions from actING.

    Literally, not one person understands it, but all are offering adamant subjective opinion-based eisegetics of scripture. Sad.
    I admire your candor for openly confessing that you do not understand it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (November 3rd, 2018)

  15. #144
    TOL Subscriber PneumaPsucheSoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In Christ
    Posts
    3,683
    Thanks
    342
    Thanked 649 Times in 502 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    107237
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    I admire your candor for openly confessing that you do not understand it.
    Since I have not previously posted in this thread, I am not among those who are the antecedent for my referrent statement in paragraph two for paragraph one. So, Wrong Divider, your bogus cuteness is fallacious.

    This lack of understanding of grammar (even in your own native language) is why you have no idea what scripture says about much of anything; and why your total linguistic ignorance has led to so many areas of false doctrine that you are convinced are authentic because “muh dialectic magisterial subjective opinion based on corrupted epistemics”.
    Ecclesia reformata et semper reformanda secundum verbum Dei
    “The Church reformed and always reforming, according to the Word of God.”

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to PneumaPsucheSoma For Your Post:

    George Affleck (November 11th, 2018)

  17. #145
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,730
    Thanks
    11,262
    Thanked 19,175 Times in 10,801 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147683

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by PneumaPsucheSoma View Post
    Since I have not previously posted in this thread, I am not among those who are the antecedent for my referrent statement in paragraph two for paragraph one. So, Wrong Divider, your bogus cuteness is fallacious.
    We all enjoy your puffed up words.

    Quote Originally Posted by PneumaPsucheSoma View Post
    This lack of understanding of grammar (even in your own native language) is why you have no idea what scripture says about much of anything; and why your total linguistic ignorance has led to so many areas of false doctrine that you are convinced are authentic because “muh dialectic magisterial subjective opinion based on corrupted epistemics”.
    We really enjoyed our vacation while you were gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (November 4th, 2018)

  19. #146
    TOL Subscriber PneumaPsucheSoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In Christ
    Posts
    3,683
    Thanks
    342
    Thanked 649 Times in 502 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    107237
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    We all enjoy your puffed up words.
    LOL. “Puffed up words” like Hamartiology, which you know nothing about in spite of your presumption that you do.

    Golly gee, Wally. Puffed up words? You of all people certainly know about puffed up words, since that’s all yours are. Even your bogus screen name.

    We really enjoyed our vacation while you were gone.
    Of course you did (as did I away from all of TOL’s antichrist heresy of every ilk). That’s how it is with those like you who have imbibed and believe heterodoxy and heresy in reprobation and apostasy. Your temporary form of hades in this life will be a more final form soon enough, Puffy.
    Ecclesia reformata et semper reformanda secundum verbum Dei
    “The Church reformed and always reforming, according to the Word of God.”

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us