Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings again Right Divider,
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    The book of Acts does not document the continuation of the Acts of the twelve to spread the gospel throughout the world. They STOPPED and Paul continued with a different ministry.
    The 12 Apostles did not stop preaching, but their ministry was mainly to the Jews, except we also have the record of Peter preaching the One Gospel also to the Gentile Cornelius.
    Please explain why Peter disappears from Acts after chapter 15. That's about half way through the book.
    Because the Book of The Acts is not a detailed history of the 12 Apostles, but a record of the spread of the One Gospel from Jerusalem, then throughout Judaea, Samaria and the Roman Empire. We do not hear much of what Peter and John did up until AD70, but John wrote his record of the Life of Jesus and Peter wrote his two Letters. It appears that Peter suffered and died under Nero before AD70. Paul also died before AD70, but we have a record of John and it appears that he continued to minister in the area of Asia Minor, and he wrote his three Letters, and was used by Jesus to convey the Book of Revelation, including the Letters to the Seven Congregations, and these seem to be mainly Gentile believers. So overall I do not agree with Mid-Acts Dispensationalism, and the record of the Book of the Acts does not support this theory, neither does the record of the preaching of Peter, John and Paul support this theory. John would have ministered to the Gentiles after AD70, and he would also have preached the One Gospel of the Kingdom and the Name, the same as the One Gospel that was preached by Peter and Paul.
    Your indoctrination into Churchianity is very strong. I don't think that you'll every see the truth.
    I appreciate your assessment, but I am glad that you are not my judge or even adviser.

Kind regards
    Trevor

Thanks
    Thanked 19,257 Times in 10,840 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorL View Post
    Greetings again Right Divider, The 12 Apostles did not stop preaching, but their ministry was mainly to the Jews, except we also have the record of Peter preaching the One Gospel also to the Gentile Cornelius.
    Peter did NOT preach the good news of the cross to Cornelius not matter how you try to make it appear that he did.

Please feel free to show us the GOOD NEWS of the cross anythere in Acts 10:34-43

Because the Book of The Acts is not a detailed history of the 12 Apostles, but a record of the spread of the One Gospel from Jerusalem, then throughout Judaea, Samaria and the Roman Empire. We do not hear much of what Peter and John did up until AD70, but John wrote his record of the Life of Jesus and Peter wrote his two Letters. It appears that Peter suffered and died under Nero before AD70. Paul also died before AD70,
    And YET we see Paul throughout the ENTIRE book of Acts and YET Peter disappears HALF WAY through the book. Your story is just fantasy.

I appreciate your assessment, but I am glad that you are not my judge or even adviser.

Kind regards
    Trevor
    Your insults are cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 28th, 2018),steko (October 31st, 2018)

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peter did NOT preach the good news of the cross to Cornelius not matter how you try to make it appear that he did.
    Please feel free to show us the GOOD NEWS of the cross anythere in Acts 10:34-43
    The following underlined words represent parts of the Gospel or Good News concerning the Cross, that is, the salvation available through the crucifixion, death and resurrection of Christ.
    Acts 10:34–43 (KJV): 34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. 36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all) 37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; 38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. 39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree: 40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly; 41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead. 42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of the living and dead. 43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
    And YET we see Paul throughout the ENTIRE book of Acts and YET Peter disappears HALF WAY through the book. Your story is just fantasy.
    But Peter did not disappear, but continued his ministry. Luke is not reporting the work of Peter and the other 11 Apostles in the second half of The Acts because Luke is detailing the preaching of the Gospel by Paul in the Roman Empire, mainly to the Gentiles.

I suggest that there is One Gospel and we are introduced to this in the promise relating to the Seed of Eve, and expanded in detail in the various promises to Abraham and David. Jesus preached this Gospel of the Kingdom and Peter, Philip and Paul preached the same Gospel and added additional details relating to the death and resurrection of Jesus and salvation through the Name of Jesus.

Justification is by faith in this One Gospel. I would be interested in your understanding of the following two major Scriptures (the underlined portions) that are mentioned and expounded throughout the NT.
    Genesis 15:3–6 (KJV): 3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir. 4 And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir. 5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be. 6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
    Habakkuk 2:2–4 (KJV): 2 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. 3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. 4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
    Do these two portions speak of justification by faith in the One Gospel, available to both Jews and Gentiles?
    Your insults are cute.
    Well, depending on your reply and advice on the above, I will make a better decision on whether you qualify to be my Judge and Advisor, until then I will defer my preliminary assessment.

Kind regards
    Trevor

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

The following underlined words represent parts of the Gospel or Good News concerning the Cross, that is, the salvation available through the crucifixion, death and resurrection of Christ.
    Acts 10:34–43 (KJV): 34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. 36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all) 37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; 38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. 39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree: 40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly; 41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead. 42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of the living and dead. 43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
    None of that is the PREACHING of the CROSS as GOOD NEWS. The only mention of ANYTHING related to the cross is "whom they slew and hanged on a tree". Do you think that sounds like "good news"?

Your tradition has blinded you to the simple truth contained in the Bible.

Do you think that you are acceptable to God because of your works of righteousness?

Tit 3:5 KJV Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

But Peter did not disappear, but continued his ministry. Luke is not reporting the work of Peter and the other 11 Apostles in the second half of The Acts because Luke is detailing the preaching of the Gospel by Paul in the Roman Empire, mainly to the Gentiles.
    Indeed, why did Luke SWITCH from following the twelve and begin following Paul in Acts 16?

Why are there twelve apostles for the twelve tribes of Israel but only one for the gentiles?

I suggest that there is One Gospel and we are introduced to this in the promise relating to the Seed of Eve, and expanded in detail in the various promises to Abraham and David. Jesus preached this Gospel of the Kingdom and Peter, Philip and Paul preached the same Gospel and added additional details relating to the death and resurrection of Jesus and salvation through the Name of Jesus.
    There are many gospels in the Bible. You're just following a tradition that is NOT the truth of the Bible.

Justification is by faith in this One Gospel. I would be interested in your understanding of the following two major Scriptures (the underlined portions) that are mentioned and expounded throughout the NT.
    Genesis 15:3–6 (KJV): 3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir. 4 And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir. 5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be. 6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
    Habakkuk 2:2–4 (KJV): 2 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. 3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. 4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
    Do these two portions speak of justification by faith in the One Gospel, available to both Jews and Gentiles?
    Abram was a gentile until God called him out and made a people separate from the rest of the world.

Well, depending on your reply and advice on the above, I will make a better decision on whether you qualify to be my Judge and Advisor, until then I will defer my preliminary assessment.
    Well, aren't you special.

Get out of Churchianity and start believing the plain truth in the Bible.

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 30th, 2018),steko (October 31st, 2018)

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your tradition has blinded you to the simple truth contained in the Bible.
    Abram was a gentile until God called him out and made a people separate from the rest of the world.
    I was disappointed that you did not comment in detail on Genesis 15:6 and Habakkuk 2:4. Taking the second of these, it may be well known that Habakkuk 2:4 is directly quoted in Romans 1:17, Galatians 3:11 and Hebrews 10:38 and is thus applied to Jew and Gentile. Another interesting but at first less obvious application of this is found in Acts 13, the speech that Paul made to the Jews and Gentiles at Antioch.
    Acts 13:38–41 (KJV): 38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: 39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses. 40 Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets; 41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.
    The above takes us right back into the context of Habakkuk, and Paul shows that both Jews and Gentiles need to seek to be justified by faith.

Kind regards
    Trevor

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Greetings again Right Divider, I was disappointed that you did not comment in detail on Genesis 15:6 and Habakkuk 2:4. Taking the second of these, it may be well known that Habakkuk 2:4 is directly quoted in Romans 1:17, Galatians 3:11 and Hebrews 10:38 and is thus applied to Jew and Gentile. Another interesting but at first less obvious application of this is found in Acts 13, the speech that Paul made to the Jews and Gentiles at Antioch.
    Acts 13:38–41 (KJV): 38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: 39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses. 40 Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets; 41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.
    The above takes us right back into the context of Habakkuk, and Paul shows that both Jews and Gentiles need to seek to be justified by faith.

Kind regards
    Trevor
    Justification always comes by faith, but the faith is different based on what God reveals at the time.

Rom 1:17 KJV For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

That you just try to mash the messages is your our personal problem.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

steko (October 31st, 2018)

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Justification always comes by faith, but the faith is different based on what God reveals at the time.
    Rom 1:17 KJV For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
    That you just try to mash the messages is your our personal problem.
    I appreciate your response. This is the first time I have heard anyone apply “from faith to faith” in that way, as if Abraham had a different faith to the Jewish and Gentile believers at Rome. To be honest with you I am not altogether certain of the full range of meaning of this expression, but as Paul introduced the Gospel of God concerning His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ in Romans 1:1-4, and here in Romans 1:16-17 he speaks of the Gospel being the power of God unto salvation, and he quotes Habakkuk 2:4, and alludes to Genesis 15:6, which he expounds in Romans 4, then I suspect that the faith that Abraham believed and the faith that Habakkuk was speaking about to his contemporaries, and Paul applies in Acts 13 before the Jews and Gentiles is one and the same faith. My tentative understanding of “from faith to faith” is that it is speaking of a development of faith within the individual, out of initial faith, unto a developed, mature, substantial faith. At least I do not accept that it represents two different faiths, but the One Faith from the Garden of Eden until now, centred in our Lord Jesus Christ concerning the forgiveness and salvation available through him by means of faith in his crucifixion, death and resurrection and the hope of resurrection and participation in His Kingdom at his return, the Gospel of the Kingdom and Name Acts 8:5-6,12 and Acts 28:30-31.

Kind regards
    Trevor

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Greetings again Right Divider, I appreciate your response. This is the first time I have heard anyone apply “from faith to faith” in that way, as if Abraham had a different faith to the Jewish and Gentile believers at Rome. To be honest with you I am not altogether certain of the full range of meaning of this expression, but as Paul introduced the Gospel of God concerning His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ in Romans 1:1-4, and here in Romans 1:16-17 he speaks of the Gospel being the power of God unto salvation, and he quotes Habakkuk 2:4, and alludes to Genesis 15:6, which he expounds in Romans 4, then I suspect that the faith that Abraham believed and the faith that Habakkuk was speaking about to his contemporaries, and Paul applies in Acts 13 before the Jews and Gentiles is one and the same faith. My tentative understanding of “from faith to faith” is that it is speaking of a development of faith within the individual, out of initial faith, unto a developed, mature, substantial faith. At least I do not accept that it represents two different faiths, but the One Faith from the Garden of Eden until now, centred in our Lord Jesus Christ concerning the forgiveness and salvation available through him by means of faith in his crucifixion, death and resurrection and the hope of resurrection and participation in His Kingdom at his return, the Gospel of the Kingdom and Name Acts 8:5-6,12 and Acts 28:30-31.

Kind regards
    Trevor
    That's some wild conjecture there.

Why do you believe that God separated Israel in the first place?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 30th, 2018),steko (October 30th, 2018)

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's some wild conjecture there.
    Until I find a better view then I will continue to hold this tentative view.
    Why do you believe that God separated Israel in the first place?
    The answer to this is far-reaching and detailed, but you seem to be hinting at a different perspective, and I will have to patiently wait for you to elaborate. Btw you have not commented properly on Habakkuk 2:4 and Genesis 15:6.

Kind regards
    Trevor

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Greetings again Right Divider, Until I find a better view then I will continue to hold this tentative view.
    The answer to this is far-reaching and detailed, but you seem to be hinting at a different perspective, and I will have to patiently wait for you to elaborate. Btw you have not commented properly on Habakkuk 2:4 and Genesis 15:6.

Kind regards
    Trevor
    I already commented on that.... and you commented on my comment.

God gives different instructions (and requirements) to different people at different times. That is clear and plain throughout the Bible.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 31st, 2018),steko (October 31st, 2018)

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already commented on that.... and you commented on my comment.
    God gives different instructions (and requirements) to different people at different times. That is clear and plain throughout the Bible.
    Yes, there has been different instructions and requirements but one One Gospel from the Garden of Eden until now, and thus one method of salvation through justification by faith in this One Gospel Genesis 15:6, Habakkuk 2:4.
    Galatians 3:5-8 (KJV): 5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. 8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Kind regards
    Trevor

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Greetings again Right Divider, Yes, there has been different instructions and requirements but one One Gospel from the Garden of Eden until now, and thus one method of salvation through justification by faith in this One Gospel Genesis 15:6, Habakkuk 2:4.
    Galatians 3:5-8 (KJV): 5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. 8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Kind regards
    Trevor
    There are many gospels PLAINLY shown in the Bible. You just want to blend them all into a muddled smoothie.

There are also different types of salvation are confused as well.

The early chapters of Acts clearly show the twelve apostles for the twelves tribes still preaching to the twelve tribes. Paul is that other, different apostle to whom God gave many, many revelations.
    Last edited by Right Divider; October 31st, 2018 at 03:36 PM. Reason: typo

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 31st, 2018),steko (October 31st, 2018)

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are many gospels PLAINLY shown in the Bible. You just want to blend them all into a muddled smoothie.
    There are also different types of salvation are confused as well.
    The early chapters of Acts clearly show the twelve apostles for the twelves tribes still preaching to the twelve tribes. Paul is that other, different apostle to whom God gave many, many revelations.
    I appreciate your response. I suggest that there is only One Gospel, and Peter preached this Gospel to the Jews at Pentecost and to Cornelius a Gentile and Paul preached this Gospel to both Jews and Gentiles. Salvation is by belief of this Gospel.

Kind regards
    Trevor

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Greetings again Right Divider, I appreciate your response. I suggest that there is only One Gospel, and Peter preached this Gospel to the Jews at Pentecost and to Cornelius a Gentile and Paul preached this Gospel to both Jews and Gentiles. Salvation is by belief of this Gospel.

Kind regards
    Trevor
    That is Churchianity and it's a myth.

Peter did NOT preach the cross to Cornelius. If he did, you could show it.

There is NO "Christ died for your sins" in Acts 10. It's just not there. But for you, your fairy tale takes priority and therefore you cannot see the truth.
    Last edited by Right Divider; November 2nd, 2018 at 09:37 AM. Reason: typo

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (November 2nd, 2018)

Thread Information