Thread: JOHN'S BAPTISM

Thanks
    Thanked 21,630 Times in 11,878 Posts

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TestedandTried View Post
    Oooops! (on your part; I only add this because you are quite arrogant in your posts.)
    To the point bluntness is often misinterpreted as arrogance.
    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 21st, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (October 21st, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 23rd, 2018),Right Divider (October 22nd, 2018)

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I'm done on this thread...

Do not speak to a fool,
    for he will scorn the wisdom of
    your words.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,630 Times in 11,878 Posts

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sorry, I'm done on this thread...

Do not speak to a fool,
    for he will scorn the wisdom of
    your words.
    The same could be said in response to you.

You'll likely find the same frustration in another thread.

You gonna' leave all of 'em when you fail to comprehend?
    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 21st, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (October 21st, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 23rd, 2018),Right Divider (October 22nd, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 36,722 Times in 18,328 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are not reading comprehensively yet. New reader means new to Bible reading...or some such problem. I'll skip the rest of your comments because of your obvious misunderstandings.
    I know Philip was an apostle. Paul did not baptize except for...
    I Corinthians 1:13-17:
    13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I donít remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospelónot with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Oooops! (on your part; I only add this because you are quite arrogant in your posts.)

Ooops! (Again, Philip baptized... oops! (another time) it was water baptism!
    Wise up or you'll be outside looking in...not my bad...I tried with you. Hint: Try to read without preconceived ideas or that you already know it all. Our goal is togetherness and holiness and sharing the Word to build one another up...fill the voids within us. Please try for Jesus sake and mine to not take this too badly, had to be done at this point.
    Spare us the hypocrisy. It's only making you look the fool.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (October 21st, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 23rd, 2018),Right Divider (October 22nd, 2018),steko (October 21st, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, that is one baptism...the baptism of Jesus it is so called and He baptizes with the Holy Spirit as water baptism is done.
    You say, "He baptizes with the Holy Spirit". Then you throw in water baptism from out of nowhere.

Paul says clearly we are baptized BY ONE SPIRIT INTO ONE BODY. NOT baptized "with the Spirit" into water.

1 Cor. 12:13KJV

There is a difference.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (October 21st, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 23rd, 2018),Right Divider (October 22nd, 2018),steko (October 21st, 2018)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,577 Times in 22,522 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are not reading comprehensively yet. New reader means new to Bible reading...or some such problem. I'll skip the rest of your comments because of your obvious misunderstandings.
    13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Wise up or you'll be outside looking in...not my bad...I tried with you. Hint: Try to read without preconceived ideas or that you already know it all. Our goal is togetherness and holiness and sharing the Word to build one another up...fill the voids within us. Please try for Jesus sake and mine to not take this too badly, had to be done at this point.
    You appear to be a wee bit uncivil. Why not try and be a little more respectful of those who have been on TOL for many years?

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 21st, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 23rd, 2018),Right Divider (October 22nd, 2018),steko (October 21st, 2018)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,577 Times in 22,522 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Paul disagrees. Paul said that we have ONE baptism. Eph 4:5
    Amen.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 21st, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 23rd, 2018),Right Divider (October 22nd, 2018),steko (October 21st, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,257 Times in 10,840 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

You are not reading comprehensively yet.
    No, I'm fine. It's you that has reading comprehension problems.

New reader means new to Bible reading...or some such problem.
    I knew exactly what you meant, and you were wrong there too.

I'll skip the rest of your comments because of your obvious misunderstandings.
    I have no misunderstandings, but I can understand why you'd skip over the truth.

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I donít remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospelónot with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Not seeing any "Ooops on my part". Paul baptized some until God sent him NOT to baptize.

Once again, your deafness to facts is your problem.

Philip was ONE of the TWELVE that Christ sent to baptize. The TWELVE are not the ONE OTHER apostle. Paul was given NEW revelation, including instructions NOT to baptize.

The Ethiopian eunuch was a Jew from a foreign land. Nothing unusual there. All normal Israelite stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 22nd, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 22nd, 2018),steko (October 22nd, 2018)

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some good posts here

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DougE For Your Post:

steko (October 23rd, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougE View Post
    1:31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water. JOHN 1:31
    It can be seen here that John's baptism was to prepare Israel to recognize the promised coming Messiah.
    John's baptism was to identify Jesus as the Christ, The Son of God to Israel; to prepare Israel for the coming kingdom.
    John's baptism is not for us, it was for Israel.
    So how would John be able to reveal to God's earthly minded people the Christ/Spirit/Father in Jesus? when the Father revealed through Jesus that the eternal kingdom comes not with observations Luke 17:20, to finite minds looking outside themselves for truth Luke 17:21, even the best of them born of flesh are considered to be the least in that infinite mystery Matthew 11:11, 1 Corinthians 3:16.

That verse revealed through Jesus about John does make Jesus a lessor than John if his birth was based on flesh understanding Galatians 4:1, the virgin birth being a miraculous event in flesh Colossians 1:27 rather than of flesh (traditions folly/veil ) is reiterated through the scriptures presenting these two births one bond one free that happens in mans mind Galatians 4:24-25.

Which is revealed in the only divide revealed in scripture for interpretation for a bondsman where Jew and Gentile exist or freeborn where neither exist 2 Corinthians 3:6.
    Trying to awaken the divine principle in the belly of the fish.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    So how would John be able to reveal to God's earthly minded people the Christ/Spirit/Father in Jesus? when the Father revealed through Jesus that the eternal kingdom comes not with observations Luke 17:20, to finite minds looking outside themselves for truth Luke 17:21, even the best of them born of flesh are considered to be the least in that infinite mystery Matthew 11:11, 1 Corinthians 3:16.
    Haven't you abused Luke 17 long enough yet?

According to your theory, the kingdom of God was within the unbelieving Pharisees.

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 22nd, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 23rd, 2018),steko (October 22nd, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to your theory, the kingdom of God was within the unbelieving Pharisees.
    That's one that never ceases to amaze me. Yet, it still gets put forth.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (October 23rd, 2018),Right Divider (October 23rd, 2018),steko (October 22nd, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No more than the ones you parrot, simple solution just don't read my post if Luke 17:21 is hard for you to digest, some right division would clear your confusion up 2 Corinthians 3:6, but Like Christ said let the dead bury the dead Ephesians 5:14.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    No more than the ones you parrot, simple solution just don't read my post if Luke 17:21 is hard for you to digest, some right division would clear your confusion up 2 Corinthians 3:6, but Like Christ said let the dead bury the dead Ephesians 5:14.
    I know from prophecy that the kingdom will exist on the earth and be visible. So you have no basis to be confused and yet you are.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 23rd, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 23rd, 2018),steko (October 23rd, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know from prophecy that the kingdom will exist on the earth and be visible. So you have no basis to be confused and yet you are.
    Good for you, but the eternal or infinite doesn't acknowledge dualism or time as reality which is the foundational premise of believing in two powers, Christ refers to it as asleep/dead to the Christ within or he wouldn't have used those terms to described a veiled mind which is sight oriented judging by appearance/worldly, God is Spirit and is always at hand regardless of the dead letters your drinking from like Jacobs well you continually have to return if you only know Christ after the flesh instead of in you Hebrews 6:1-5! Some mystery you say you believe yet your doctrine of boasting exposes it for head knowledge, Ephesians 5:14, the more excellent way awaits your awakening.

Thread Information