User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: JOHN'S BAPTISM

  1. #31
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,769
    Thanks
    11,358
    Thanked 19,257 Times in 10,840 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147683

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    Good for you, but the eternal or infinite doesn't acknowledge dualism or time as reality which is the foundational premise of believing in two powers, Christ refers to it as asleep/dead to the Christ within or he wouldn't have used those terms to described a veiled mind which is sight oriented judging by appearance/worldly, God is Spirit and is always at hand regardless of the dead letters your drinking from like Jacobs well you continually have to return if you only know Christ after the flesh instead of in you Hebrews 6:1-5! Some mystery you say you believe yet your doctrine of boasting exposes it for head knowledge, Ephesians 5:14, the more excellent way awaits your awakening.
    You are just a poor confused new-age mystic. I feel bad for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    glorydaz (October 23rd, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 23rd, 2018),steko (October 23rd, 2018)

  3. #32
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,669
    Thanks
    1,993
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 2,485 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DougE View Post
    1:31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water. JOHN 1:31
    It can be seen here that John's baptism was to prepare Israel to recognize the promised coming Messiah.
    John's baptism was to identify Jesus as the Christ, The Son of God to Israel; to prepare Israel for the coming kingdom.
    John's baptism is not for us, it was for Israel.
    Cornelius was a Gentile and was water baptized, along with his whole household.

    Baptism represents how a believer equates his life with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. Our old person is to die to the sins of the world and be buried with Jesus through baptism into death. We are buried with the water, and raised out of the water, raised to live a new life through Jesus.

    Picture how baptism looks…the believer comes to make the pledge to God, to die to the sins of the world; so now standing in the water the believer falls back, as if dead; then, the believer goes under the water, buried; then, the believer rises up out of the water, raises up to live a new life.

    Romans explain this perfectly.
    Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

    Water baptism is when the person makes a promise of a good conscience to God in a ceremonial type of way. The person has already made the conscientious acknowledgement to God to stop sinning, but now follows through with obeying God by getting water baptized, by doing the ceremonial act of the promise. Water baptism is a symbol of what has already happened in one’s heart.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  4. #33
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,669
    Thanks
    1,993
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 2,485 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Aquila and Priscilla were friends of Paul, and they spent some time with Apollos and taught him more adequately. Apollos only knew of John's water baptism of repentance. See Acts 18:26.

    Apollos traveled through Achaia and eventually found his way to Corinth (Acts 19:1), where he “watered” where Paul had “sown” (1 Corinthians 3:6).
    That is about Paul preaching the word and Apollos did the water baptizing.

    There was even a time when people who were baptized by Apollos were saying they were baptized in Apollos' name. Paul says he is glad he didn't do much baptizing or people would be saying they were baptized in his name. Paul explains that we should not speak in such a way, it is worldly, see 1 Corinthians 1:12-13. Christ is not divided, and neither should we be.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  5. #34
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,769
    Thanks
    11,358
    Thanked 19,257 Times in 10,840 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147683

    Lightbulb

    Someone loves to tell fairy tales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (November 2nd, 2018)

  7. #35
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,669
    Thanks
    1,993
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 2,485 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Someone loves to tell fairy tales.
    Go ahead and tell us what Apollos watered means.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  8. #36
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,769
    Thanks
    11,358
    Thanked 19,257 Times in 10,840 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147683

    Lightbulb

    Someone doesn't understand figures of speech, analogies, etc. etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (November 2nd, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us