Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,749 Times in 1,449 Posts

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Did the Holy Spirit teach you that your freewill is your savior?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    No, common sense taught me that Calvinism is a false doctrine. You by your own freewill have chosen Calvinism and then you deny that you have a freewill. How stupid.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robert Pate For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (October 22nd, 2018),steko (October 22nd, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,765 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    No, common sense taught me that Calvinism is a false doctrine. You by your own freewill have chosen Calvinism and then you deny that you have a freewill. How stupid.
    You have rejected the atonement of Christ and accepted the atonement of mans freewill.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

MennoSota (October 22nd, 2018),Nanja (October 22nd, 2018)

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have rejected the atonement of Christ and accepted the atonement of mans freewill.

If you have been chosen by God to be saved and others have not, then why are you on this Forum proselyting?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robert Pate For Your Post:

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that you do not use scripture to make your point tells me that you are unsaved and are void of the Holy Spirit who is the teacher of truth, John 16:13.

God is just, merciful and righteous and is not willing that any should perish, 2 Peter 3:9.

The God of Calvinism does not exist and is a false God. If you continue to follow him you will perish.
    RP, I once posted a long list of scripture showing God's work in predestining, choosing and electing his children.
    You take 2 Peter 3:9 out of context and try to force your false doctrine into it. You have been repeatedly shown your error, yet your stubborn heart will not yield. Indeed, it cannot yield for God has yet to break your rebellious heart.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have been chosen by God to be saved and others have not, then why are you on this Forum proselyting?
    You give more credit to mans freewill in salvation than Christs redeeming blood.

Charles Spurgeon !

9. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (October 22nd, 2018)

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You give more credit to mans freewill in salvation than Christs redeeming blood.
    You didn't answer the question.

If you have been chosen by God before the foundation of the world to be saved and others have not, then why are you on this Forum proselyting?

The reason that you won't answer the question is because you don't believe your own doctrine.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robert Pate For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (October 22nd, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 22nd, 2018),steko (October 22nd, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have been chosen by God before the foundation of the world to be saved and others have not, then why are you on this Forum proselyting?

The reason that you won't answer the question is because you don't believe your own doctrine.
    Instead of trying to preach the Gospel of Christ, go ahead and call it what it is , the gospel of mans own freewill !

Charles Spurgeon !

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    RP, I once posted a long list of scripture showing God's work in predestining, choosing and electing his children.
    You take 2 Peter 3:9 out of context and try to force your false doctrine into it. You have been repeatedly shown your error, yet your stubborn heart will not yield. Indeed, it cannot yield for God has yet to break your rebellious heart.
    God has chosen ALL OF HUMANITY in his Son Jesus Christ. So that now... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Pate For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (October 22nd, 2018)

Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,836 Times in 4,294 Posts

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instead of trying to preach the Gospel of Christ, go ahead and call it what it is , the gospel of mans own freewill !
    If God predestined you to repeat yourself over and over and over again for the rest of your life, that honestly sounds pretty boring and unappealing.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (October 22nd, 2018),steko (October 22nd, 2018)

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason is simple:
    2 Corinthians 5
    19 For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. 20 So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” 21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
    Matthew 28
    18 Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. 19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Being elect does not mean we are idle. It means that God will use us to reconcile those whom He is drawing to Himself.
    It is very clear that you do not understand.

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God has chosen ALL OF HUMANITY in his Son Jesus Christ. So that now... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.
    That's universalism. You are preaching that all are saved and all will be in heaven with God. By your claim, hell is empty.
    However, God tells us that hell is filled with sinners for whom there is no atonement.
    Your teaching is false.
    Only those whom God chooses will ever call on the name of the Lord to be saved. The rest are in complete rebellion toward God.
    RP, you are the Christ rejector.

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    The reason is simple:
    2 Corinthians 5
    19 For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. 20 So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” 21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
    Matthew 28
    18 Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. 19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Being elect does not mean we are idle. It means that God will use us to reconcile those whom He is drawing to Himself.
    It is very clear that you do not understand.

You just refuted yourself.

If God has reconciled us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Then no one needs to be predestinated, this is why Paul wrote, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robert Pate For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pates false witness

God has chosen ALL OF HUMANITY in his Son Jesus Christ.

Charles Spurgeon !

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If God has reconciled us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Then no one needs to be predestinated, this is why Paul wrote, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.
    Denying Gods word !

Charles Spurgeon !

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the world, in 2 Corinthians 5:18, is the universal world, then no reconciliation would be needed. But, reconciliation is needed. Thus the atonement is limited to all the elect in all the world. The call to reconciliation is only received by those whom God has chosen.
    God uses his saints to spread the good news so that those, from throughout the entire world, who are chosen might hear and believe.
    The only ones who shall call on the name of the Lord and be saved are the elect, chosen, person's to whom Jesus atonement is given.
    RP, you cannot grasp this nor accept it, even though scripture teaches this.

Thread Information