User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: The Right Focus

  1. #31
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    480
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 115 Times in 89 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19129
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Have you ever read the four Gospels?

    Jesus' ministry is almost entirely self-centered.

    From the above link:

    Follow Me” 19x Mt. 4:19; 8:22; 10:38; 16:24; 19:21; Mk. 1:17; 2:14; 8:34; 10:21; Lk. 5:27; 9:59; 18:22; Jn. 1:43; 8:12; 10:27; 12:26; 13:36; 21:19, 22
    Pray and act “in My name” 18x Mt. 7:22; 18:5; 18:20; [24:5]; Mk. 9:37, 39, 41; [13:6]; Lk. 9:48; [21:8]; 24:47; Jn. 14:13?14; 15:16; 16:23?24, 26; Acts 9:15
    “the Holy Spirit” comes “in My name” Jn. 14:26
    “for My name’s sake” leave family and property Mt. 19:29; or even be killed 5x Mt. 24:9; [Lk. 21:12, 17;] Jn. 15:21; Acts 9:16
    Believe in the “name of the… Son” and “in the Son” 3x Jn. 3:18, 36; 9:35 and “in Him [Jesus]” 4x Jn. 3:18; 6:29, 40; 8:31
    “believe in Me” 14x Mt. 18:6; Mk. 9:42; Jn. 3:15?16, 18; 6:35, 47; 7:38; 11:25, 26; 12:44, 46; 14:1, 12; 16:8; 17:20
    You “are sanctified by faith in Me” Acts 26:18
    Live “in Me” Jn. 11:26
    “come after Me” Mk. 8:34; Lk. 14:27
    Abide “in Me” Jn. 15:2, 4:5, 7 “abide in Me” or else Jn. 15:6 “abide in My love” Jn. 15:9?10
    “where two or three are gathered” Jesus is “there in the midst of them” Mt. 18:20
    So too: “I [Jesus, will abide] in you” Jn. 15:4?5
    “know that I am He” Jn. 8:28 or “if you do not believe that I am He you will die in your sins” Jn. 8:24
    Do things “for My sake” Mt. 10:22, 39; even lose your life “for My sake” 4x Mt. 16:25; Mk. 8:35; 10:29; Lk. 6:22
    “I never knew you, depart from Me” Mt. 7:23
    “I am willing; be cleansed” Mt. 8:3; Mk.. 1:41
    ”confess Me” Mt. 10:32; Lk. 12:8
    Do not deny “Me” 7x Mt. 10:33; 26:34; Mk. 14:30, 72; Lk. 12:9; 22:34; Jn. 13:38
    Do not be “ashamed of Me” Mk. 8:38; Lk. 9:26 nor "My words"
    “love Me” 5x Jn. 14:15, 21, 23?24, 28
    Do not reject “Me” Lk. 10:16; Jn. 12:48
    “He who is not with Me is against Me” Lk. 11:23
    Love Me “more than” your family members Mt. 10:37; [Lk. 14:26]
    “I… have loved you” Jn. 15:9, 12
    Be “worthy of Me” Mt. 10:37?38
    “Come to Me” 5x Mt. 11:28; Lk. 6:47; Jn. 5:40; 6:35; 7:37
    “I will give you rest” Mt. 11:28
    “For My yoke is easy and My burden is light” Mt. 11:30
    I am “greater than the temple” “than Jonah” “than Solomon” Mt. 12:6, 41?42
    I am “Lord even of the Sabbath” Mt. 12:8; Mk. 2:28; Lk. 6:5 [Lord of God's Ten Commandments]
    Thus He says keep “My commandments” 4x Jn. 14:15, 21; 15:10, 12
    “You are My friends if you do whatever I command you” Jn. 15:14
    “keep My word” Jn. 14:23?24
    “He who is not with Me is against Me” Mt. 12:30
    The angels are “His angels” Mt. 13:41; 16:27 and He commands “His angels” Mt. 24:31; Mk. 13:27
    The kingdom is “His kingdom” Mt. 13:41 and He calls it “My kingdom” Lk. 22:30
    Jesus called it “My church” Mt. 16:18 and believers are “My sheep” Jn. 10:14, 27 and they are “His elect” Mt. 24:31; Mk. 13:27
    Paul is a “vessel of Mine to bear My name” Acts 9:15
    “all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine” Jn. 17:10
    “My peace I give” Jn. 14:27 ”in Me you may have peace” Jn. 16:33
    “My joy” should fill you Jn. 15:11
    “Who do men say that I am?” Mt. 16:13; Mk. 8:27 “who do you say that I am?” Mt. 16:15
    Receive “Me” Mt. 18:5; Mk. 9:37; Lk. 9:48
    Heaven and earth will pass away but “My words” will never Mt. [5:18] 24:35; Mk. 13:31; Lk. 21:33
    Tell others about Jesus Mk. 5:19
    “you belong to Christ” Mk. 9:41
    Hear “My sayings” and do them Lk. 6:47
    Jesus has “His own glory” Lk. 9:26; [Jn. 2:11; 16:14] The Son is “glorified” 8x Jn. 11:4; 12:23; 13:31?32; [17:1, 5, 10 24]
    “He who hears you hears Me” Lk. 10:16
    Jesus expects praise, from stones if necessary 1x Lk. 19:37?40
    Return “to Me” Lk. 22:32
    Be “My disciple” Lk. 14:27; Jn. 8:31; 15:8 Forsake all to “be My disciple” Lk. 14:33 ”you are My disciples” Jn. 13:35
    “I shall send… the [Holy] Spirit” Jn. 15:26; 16:7
    The Holy Spirit “will testify of Me” Jn. 15:26
    We read in John 5 and Luke 24 that “the Scriptures… testify of Me” Jn. 5:39; [Lk. 24:44]
    “You [Apostles] also will bear witness [of Me] because you have been with Me” Jn. 15:27
    Paul gives “testimony concerning Me” Acts 22:18; 23:11
    “the Son gives life to whom He will” Jn. 5:21
    “seek Me” Jn. 6:26
    Serve “Me” Jn. 12:26
    “all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father” Jn. 5:23
    “I am the bread of life,” “of heaven,” “of God” Jn. 6: 32-33, 35, 41, [48,] 51
    Just seeing Christ is reason enough to believe [Jn. 6:36] him” Jn. 6:56
    Drink “My blood” and eat “My flesh” Jn. 6:53?54, 56
    “I will raise him up at the last day” Jn. 6:40 for He is the resurrection
    “The world… hates Me” Jn. 7:7
    “I am the light of the world” Jn. 8:12; 9:5; 12:46
    “I bear witness of Myself” 1x Jn. 8:13-14, 18
    “know… Jesus Christ” for “eternal life” Jn. 17:3; [8:19; 10:10, 14]
    “the Son makes you free” Jn. 8:36
    “Abraham rejoiced to see My day” Jn. 8:56; “Before Abraham was, I AM” Jn. 8:58
    Of believers, Christ said, “I know them” Jn. 10:27
    “I give them eternal life” Jn. 10:28
    “I am the resurrection and the life” Jn. 11:25
    I “will draw all peoples to Myself” Jn. 12:32
    “I will… receive you to Myself” Jn. 14:3
    Be “Mine” Jn. 14:24
    “I am the vine” Jn. 15:5
    “without Me you can do nothing” Jn. 15:5
    “You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you” Jn. 15:16
    Those who oppress Christians are “persecuting Me” Acts 9:4?5; 22:7?8; 26:14?15
    “because they have not known… Me” Jn. 16:3
    The Spirit “will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it” Jn. 16:14
    “All things that the Father has are Mine” Jn. 16:15
    “the Father… loves you, because you have loved Me” Jn. 16:27
    “If I will that he remain” Jn. 21:22
    “I have overcome the world” Jn. 16:33
    “I am the way” Jn. 14:6
    “I am… the truth” Jn. 14:6
    “I am… the life” Jn. 14:6
    “I will… manifest Myself” Jn. 14:21
    Thats an impressive list!
    Ok, Jesus was self-centred in his ministry. Why? One purpose of Jesus entire incarnation and glorification was
    that the saints may know the fellowship and love of the Father (Jn17:25-26).
    So I rejoice in relating to the Father in Jesus name.

  2. #32
    Over 1000 post club Idolater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,017
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 169 Times in 145 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    21741
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Call it whatever you want.
    I don't know that I'd call it anything other than listening. My question was, "What 'religious activity' do I place 'above truth?'" You said that because I receive the teachings of the Church's college of bishops, because I listen to them, that I therefore place their teachings 'above truth.' But their authoritative teachings on faith and morals Is the truth, so I don't agree with your assessment. Do you have some other 'religious activity' in mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Says the confused one.
    I don't feel confused.
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

    @Nee_Nihilo

  3. #33
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,769
    Thanks
    11,358
    Thanked 19,257 Times in 10,840 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147683

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    I don't feel confused.
    Confused folks rarely do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 30th, 2018)

  5. #34
    Over 1000 post club Idolater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,017
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 169 Times in 145 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    21741
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Confused folks rarely do.
    That's not true. I've been confused many times throughout my life, and I've never been confused, as to whether or not I feel confused, when I am confused.
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

    @Nee_Nihilo

  6. #35
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,769
    Thanks
    11,358
    Thanked 19,257 Times in 10,840 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147683

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    That's not true. I've been confused many times throughout my life, and I've never been confused, as to whether or not I feel confused, when I am confused.
    Well you are certainly confused now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 30th, 2018)

  8. #36
    Over 1000 post club Idolater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,017
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 169 Times in 145 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    21741
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Well you are certainly confused now.
    No I'm not.
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

    @Nee_Nihilo

  9. #37
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    211
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    The Right Focus

    Mark 12:30
    And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,
    and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength:
    this is the first commandment.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us