Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were other people in the earth. Adam and Eve had lots of sons and daughters and they lived hundreds of years.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xfrodobagginsx For Your Post:

steko (November 9th, 2018)

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How To Get To Heaven When You Die

The children of God will obey the commandments of Jesus Christ.
    The children of the devil will disobey the commandments of Jesus Christ.

Matthew 7:23
    And then will I profess unto them,
    I never knew you: depart from me,
    ye that work iniquity.

Which one is Jesus going to say depart from me,
    ye that work iniquity?

A. The children of God who are OBEYING the commandments of Jesus Christ.

B. The children of the the devil who are DISOBEYING the commandments of Jesus Christ.

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _000_ View Post
    How To Get To Heaven When You Die

The children of God will obey the commandments of Jesus Christ.
    The children of the devil will disobey the commandments of Jesus Christ.

Matthew 7:23
    And then will I profess unto them,
    I never knew you: depart from me,
    ye that work iniquity.

Which one is Jesus going to say depart from me,
    ye that work iniquity?

A. The children of God who are OBEYING the commandments of Jesus Christ.

B. The children of the the devil who are DISOBEYING the commandments of Jesus Christ.
    The Children of Christ obey His voice because they are already His Children. Those who do not obey His voice do not do so because they are not His children. With that said, good deeds don't make you His children, FAITH does. They obey Him because they Trust Him.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    The Children of Christ obey His voice because they are already His Children. Those who do not obey His voice do not do so because they are not His children. With that said, good deeds don't make you His children, FAITH does. They obey Him because they Trust Him.
    Christ does not have any children.
    You need to rethink your theology.

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christ does not have any children.
    You need to rethink your theology.
    Christ has millions and millions of Children. They are of a Spiritual birth.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
    Joh 11:52 and not for that nation only, but also that He would gather together in one the children of God who were scattered abroad.
    Ro 8:16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
    Ro 8:21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
    Ro 9:8 That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed.
    Php 2:15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,
    1Jo 3:1 ¶ Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.
    1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.
    1Jo 3:10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother.
    1Jo 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christ has millions and millions of Children.
    lol

lol

lol

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol

lol

lol
    Are you laughing at the scriptures I posted?

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a lot of laughing.

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS. IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU COULD EVER DO AND IT ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES.

ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

It all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain, which this world sees, is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Lying, stealing, sex before marriage, pride, hatred, ect. are all sins. Hell is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That’s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already sinned, which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the President can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die. You won’t have to pay for your own sins because Jesus already did that for you. But if you reject the pardon that He offers, you will have to pay for your own sins by going to hell.

3. If you will confess Jesus Christ is the Lord, place your Faith in Him and Believe in your heart that He died and rose again for your sins, you will be saved (from hell).

Eph 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your Faith in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through trusting in what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you in faith.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS? ARE YOU WILLING TO PLACE YOUR FAITH IN HIM FOR SALVATION?

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

4. If you want to accept Jesus free gift of salvation, or if you have any doubts about whether or not you are going to heaven, you could place your faith in Jesus Christ for salvation by praying a simple prayer:

”Dear Lord Jesus I believe that You are the Lord and believe in my heart that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I repent and turn to You, placing my Faith in You as Lord of my life, Please save me and I thank You for it, in Jesus holy name, Amen.”

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven. Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.
    Please read this first post.

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what you mean. This commandment was unique to Adam and Eve. No other humans were alive at the time.
    And that commandment was not to eat of the tree...Gen 2:17

Eve lied and added “do not touch the fruit” Gen 3:3 deceiving herself she ate after the serpent handed to her...she took and did not die so she ate of it...she deceived herself as she thought she would die for touching it...her own error by adding to the word...

Many continue to add to the Word which says clearly that what saves is faith FIRST but not alone...and a peservering overcoming “until the end” faith first...many add the faith ALONE part...and ALSO add the once saved never lost part

don’t be robbed by fancy speech...

On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,935 Times in 1,428 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that true believers will have a desire to serve God, but we aren't saved by the works.
    We aren't saved by our works, we are damned by our works.

Galatians 5:19-21
    19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

It's by faith alone as the Bible says.
    What does the Bible state about faith alone?

James 2:17
    17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

So, you aren't saved by works and you aren't saved by faith alone.

That leaves only one way to be saved.
    Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,935 Times in 1,428 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven.
    Please show me where the Bible states that you become a child of God during a random moment of true belief instead of through a lifetime of faithfulness.
    Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thanks
    Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,866 Posts

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Please show me where the Bible states that you become a child of God during a random moment of true belief instead of through a lifetime of faithfulness.
    Ephesians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV)
    8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

How long did the thief on the cross have to be a believer?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Thread Information