User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: A safe place for leftists

  1. #1
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    17,362
    Thanks
    322
    Thanked 10,603 Times in 7,735 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147826

    A safe place for leftists

    Morons in New Zealand are debating euthanasia. They called me up and I told them they have no right to consider any such bill submitted to parliament.

    They didn't like that. They said the guy had a democratic right to bring the proposed bill and they were obliged to consider it.

    Obvious nonsense.

    Leftists do not appreciate what the law is or what it's for. They pretend their myriad regulations are worthy of being called laws. Then they use their rules to hide from challenges to their horrific ideas. And there was plenty of opposition among those speaking out. In fact, I didn't hear one person saying it was a good idea. That's probably enough to guarantee this thing will pass.

    I'm gonna make a video of my phone call, but the audio quality from their end is terrible and they cut the video feed off halfway through.

    Gonna take some clever editing.

    Gimme a few days, K?

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    glorydaz (October 15th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 19th, 2018),lifeisgood (October 18th, 2018),Tambora (October 15th, 2018)

  3. #2
    Get your armor ready! Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    51,141
    Thanks
    159,714
    Thanked 46,632 Times in 28,770 Posts

    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148171
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post

    Gimme a few days, K?
    K.

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    glorydaz (October 15th, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (October 15th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 19th, 2018),lifeisgood (October 18th, 2018)

  5. #3
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    14,806
    Thanks
    8,988
    Thanked 7,069 Times in 4,705 Posts

    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147749
    They called you up? Was that deliberate or accidental?

    Well this is fun isn't it?


  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

    Rusha (October 17th, 2018)

  7. #4
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    17,362
    Thanks
    322
    Thanked 10,603 Times in 7,735 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147826
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    K.
    Greg should be here.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 19th, 2018)

  9. #5
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,173
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 1,172 Posts

    Blog Entries
    12
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    A safe place for leftists

    Given that most conservatives believe that government can impose the death penalty, why do they object when an individual chooses to terminate their own lives?

    If human life is sacred, then the life of every individual is sacred - we don't get to "cherry pick" as to whose life is more worthy that another!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to jgarden For Your Post:

    The Horn (October 26th, 2018)

  11. #6
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    17,362
    Thanks
    322
    Thanked 10,603 Times in 7,735 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147826
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    A safe place for leftists

    Given that most conservatives believe that government can impose the death penalty, why do they object when an individual chooses to terminate their own lives?

    If human life is sacred, then the life of every individual is sacred - we don't get to "cherry pick" as to whose life is more worthy that another!
    1. I'm a fundamentalist, not a conservative.

    2. Your argument is nonsense; it eliminates the distinction between justified and unjustified killing. For your charge to have any substance, we would have to assume that you think a murderer and the officer who stops him have the same moral culpability.

    In plain English: You're a moron.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    fool (October 18th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 19th, 2018),lifeisgood (October 18th, 2018),ok doser (October 17th, 2018),Right Divider (October 18th, 2018),way 2 go (October 19th, 2018)

  13. #7
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,720
    Thanks
    2,031
    Thanked 5,752 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147729
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    Given that most conservatives believe that government can impose the death penalty....

    do you believe that most conservatives believe that government can impose the death penalty on a whim?

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 19th, 2018)

  15. #8
    Over 5000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,370
    Thanks
    214
    Thanked 857 Times in 582 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    277753
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Morons in New Zealand are debating euthanasia. They called me up and I told them they have no right to consider any such bill submitted to parliament.

    They didn't like that. They said the guy had a democratic right to bring the proposed bill and they were obliged to consider it.

    Obvious nonsense.

    Leftists do not appreciate what the law is or what it's for. They pretend their myriad regulations are worthy of being called laws. Then they use their rules to hide from challenges to their horrific ideas. And there was plenty of opposition among those speaking out. In fact, I didn't hear one person saying it was a good idea. That's probably enough to guarantee this thing will pass.

    I'm gonna make a video of my phone call, but the audio quality from their end is terrible and they cut the video feed off halfway through.

    Gonna take some clever editing.

    Gimme a few days, K?

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    So you vote in New Zealand?
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  16. #9
    Over 5000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,370
    Thanks
    214
    Thanked 857 Times in 582 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    277753
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    A safe place for leftists

    Given that most conservatives believe that government can impose the death penalty, why do they object when an individual chooses to terminate their own lives?
    Because we don't support people killing themselves.
    If human life is sacred, then the life of every individual is sacred - we don't get to "cherry pick" as to whose life is more worthy that another!
    We do support killing people who need to be killed.
    If we have a guy on death row that is supposed to be executed the next day and he hangs himself in his cell we cut him down, revive him, and then execute him.
    Perfectly consistent.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fool For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 19th, 2018),ok doser (October 18th, 2018),Stripe (October 18th, 2018)

  18. #10
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    17,362
    Thanks
    322
    Thanked 10,603 Times in 7,735 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147826
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    So you vote in New Zealand?
    No. I might if there were someone to vote for, although I don't think I'm eligible as a non-resident.

    It was something calling itself a select committee of justice that was taking public submissions.

    I really have to work on my delivery.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 19th, 2018)

  20. #11
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,720
    Thanks
    2,031
    Thanked 5,752 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147729
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    It was something calling itself a select committee of justice that was taking public submissions...
    a similar unelected, empowered, "well-meaning" body in Canada got the whole Jordan Peterson ball rolling


    oh you wacky colonials!

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 19th, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us