User Tag List

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 401

Thread: Pro-life and Democrat

  1. #16
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,813
    Thanks
    2,062
    Thanked 5,838 Times in 4,263 Posts

    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147731
    Tomato?

    Sure

  2. #17
    LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    16,024
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1,247 Times in 1,074 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    639974
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Scholten View Post
    I am curious about those who say they are pro-life and that they are a Democrat...

    Kinda like saying that you're pro life and Libertarian. Granted, Libertarians will say that abortion is wrong because the unborn baby can't give "consent" to be aborted, but being pro life goes directly against Libertarian doctrine of "self ownership", i.e. "It's MY body and I can do with it as please!"

    Right ok doser?
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

  3. #18
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,769
    Thanks
    11,358
    Thanked 19,255 Times in 10,840 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147683

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    Kinda like saying that you're pro life and Libertarian. Granted, Libertarians will say that abortion is wrong because the unborn baby can't give "consent" to be aborted, but being pro life goes directly against Libertarian doctrine of "self ownership", i.e. "It's MY body and I can do with it as please!"

    Right ok doser?
    Wrong.

    The child is not part of the mothers body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    A-Scholten (October 17th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 17th, 2018),lifeisgood (October 18th, 2018)

  5. #19
    LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    16,024
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1,247 Times in 1,074 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    639974
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Wrong.

    The child is not part of the mothers body.
    (Why is Right Divider answering for ok doser?)

    I hate to give you a 9th grade biology lessen, but without the mother, the unborn baby wouldn't develop nor survive.

    Every living thing needs a host, be it human life or even disease.
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

  6. #20
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,769
    Thanks
    11,358
    Thanked 19,255 Times in 10,840 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147683

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    (Why is Right Divider answering for ok doser?)
    Because I can chime in with my own comment in these public messages. If you want to PM ok doser, feel free.

    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    I hate to give you a 9th grade biology lessen, but without the mother, the unborn baby wouldn't develop nor survive.
    Don't change the subject.

    The BABY is not PART of the MOTHER'S BODY.

    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    Every living thing needs a host, be it human life or even disease.
    Whoop de do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 17th, 2018),lifeisgood (October 18th, 2018)

  8. #21
    LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    16,024
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1,247 Times in 1,074 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    639974
    Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
    (Why is Right Divider answering for ok doser?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Because I can chime in with my own comment in these public messages. If you want to PM ok doser, feel free.
    No need to, I'm sure that he'll eventually return to the thread to defend Libertarian doctrine .


    Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
    I hate to give you a 9th grade biology lessen, but without the mother, the unborn baby wouldn't develop nor survive.

    Don't change the subject.

    The BABY is not PART of the MOTHER'S BODY.
    He or she is not only part of the mothers body, he or she is physically attached to her.



    Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
    Every living thing needs a host, be it human life or even disease.

    Whoop de do.

    Did you know that Republican President Donald Trump signed legislation FIVE TIMES in his first 16 months as President that FULLY FUNDED THE BABY MURDERERS AT PLANNED PARENTHOOD?

    Surely you must agree with me that Donald Trump is a baby murderer?

    "Jump through some hoops" for me and say it.
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

  9. #22
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,769
    Thanks
    11,358
    Thanked 19,255 Times in 10,840 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147683

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    He or she is not only part of the mothers body, he or she is physically attached to her.
    He or she is a completely distinct person. The "attachment" does not make this NEW person "part of the mother's body".

    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    Did you know that Republican President Donald Trump signed legislation FIVE TIMES in his first 16 months as President that FULLY FUNDED THE BABY MURDERERS AT PLANNED PARENTHOOD?

    Surely you must agree with me that Donald Trump is a baby murderer?

    "Jump through some hoops" for me and say it.


    Off on another tangent....
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 17th, 2018),lifeisgood (October 18th, 2018)

  11. #23
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,813
    Thanks
    2,062
    Thanked 5,838 Times in 4,263 Posts

    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147731
    that's why i ignore the weirdo

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 17th, 2018)

  13. #24
    LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    16,024
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1,247 Times in 1,074 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    639974
    Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
    He or she is not only part of the mothers body, he or she is physically attached to her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    He or she is a completely distinct person. The "attachment" does not make this NEW person "part of the mother's body".
    A person that wouldn't have existed without the mother's body.

    Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
    Did you know that Republican President Donald Trump signed legislation FIVE TIMES in his first 16 months as President that FULLY FUNDED THE BABY MURDERERS AT PLANNED PARENTHOOD?

    Surely you must agree with me that Donald Trump is a baby murderer?

    "Jump through some hoops" for me and say it.

    Off on another tangent....
    Had Hillary Clinton been elected POTUS, she too would have signed legislation fully funding the baby murderers at Planned Parenthood the 5 times that the legislation came up in her first 16 months in office. Didn't think you Trumpeteers and Clintonites had so much in common did ja?
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

  14. #25
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    20,256
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 7,780 Times in 4,504 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147823
    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    I think it's much harder to find a Democrat who is pro-gun rights.
    Not outside the fringe, though their definition/limitations would be dramatically different from your own.

    I myself could vote for Democrats without any problem, if they'd only pledge to obey the law, in particular the right of the people to keep and bear arms, which is not supposed to be infringed.
    But almost no one believes you should have a tank, or a functioning howitzer, dem or rep. So that's a problem right there.

    Stop meddling in the gun market.
    No?

    The recognition, affirmation, and protection of gun rights are the only thing keeping us from where we want to be, Democrat worldviews/narratives/tropes notwithstanding.
    I don't believe that's even a little true. Our system, which involves peaceful revolutions of a sort and our armed forces are what has kept our republic sound and continuing.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (October 15th, 2018)

  16. #26
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,769
    Thanks
    11,358
    Thanked 19,255 Times in 10,840 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147683

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    A person that wouldn't have existed without the mother's body.
    That is completely irrelevant as to whether the child is a distinctly different person than his or her mother. He or she is a distinctly different person than their mother.

    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    Had Hillary Clinton been elected POTUS, she too would have signed legislation fully funding the baby murderers at Planned Parenthood the 5 times that the legislation came up in her first 16 months in office. Didn't think you Trumpeteers and Clintonites had so much in common did ja?
    I'm neither a Trumpeteer nor a Clintonite. You're always looking to attack anyone and everyone. Perhaps you should calm down and learn to talk with people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 17th, 2018),lifeisgood (November 14th, 2018),ok doser (October 15th, 2018)

  18. #27
    Over 5000 post club quip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    5,502
    Thanks
    596
    Thanked 1,015 Times in 776 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    712839
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Scholten View Post

    So when someone says I’m pro-life and I am a Democrat, is it true that what they are saying is, although I will not get an abortion and I will encourage members of my family not to, when it comes to voting I both encourage people across this nation to get abortions and I enable them to do so?
    Pro-choice is not pro-abortion. Hence the 'choice' tag. They're not their sister's keeper.
    _/\_

    Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

  19. #28
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,813
    Thanks
    2,062
    Thanked 5,838 Times in 4,263 Posts

    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147731
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    Pro-choice is not pro-abortion. Hence the 'choice' tag. They're not their sister's keeper.
    substitute "child molestation" for "abortion"

    (it's a valid substitution - abortion is the ultimate molestation of a child)

    would you deny that allowing people to choose whether or not to molest their children is not supportive of the practice?

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    A-Scholten (October 17th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 17th, 2018),lifeisgood (October 18th, 2018)

  21. #29
    Over 5000 post club quip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    5,502
    Thanks
    596
    Thanked 1,015 Times in 776 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    712839
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    substitute "child molestation" for "abortion"
    Why?

    (it's a valid substitution - abortion is the ultimate molestation of a child)
    Flesh out the argument. Sounds rhetorically specious.

    would you deny that allowing people to choose whether or not to molest their children is not supportive of the practice?
    There's no practical/social application to support such a choice.
    _/\_

    Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

  22. #30
    Over 1000 post club Idolater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,015
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 169 Times in 145 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    21741
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Scholten View Post
    I am curious about those who say they are pro-life and that they are a Democrat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    I think it's much harder to find a Democrat who is pro-gun rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Not outside the fringe, though their definition/limitations would be dramatically different from your own.
    Well, Democrats' 'definition/limitations' to gun rights, is precisely that with which I was contrasting, when I said 'gun rights.' I interpret 'the right of the people to keep and bear all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding,' just as the Supreme Court says, as our inalienable 'gun rights.' Democrats, do not, in or out of their fringe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    I myself could vote for Democrats without any problem, if they'd only pledge to obey the law, in particular the right of the people to keep and bear arms, which is not supposed to be infringed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    But almost no one believes you should have a tank, or a functioning howitzer, dem or rep.
    There are people who do, and lawfully. Not to mention the armed forces, who even possess 'functioning' nuclear weapons. So it's not a moral matter either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    Stop meddling in the gun market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    No?
    Yes. 'Shall not be infringed' means at least 'stop meddling in the gun market.' Our right to food, to clothing and shelter, to medicine; these aren't explicitly mentioned in the Bill of Rights, with the specific prohibition against meddling, like are gun rights.

    So yes, just stop: Vote NRA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    The recognition, affirmation, and protection of gun rights are the only thing keeping us from where we want to be, Democrat worldviews/narratives/tropes notwithstanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    I don't believe that's even a little true.
    We agree to disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Our system, which involves peaceful revolutions of a sort and our armed forces are what has kept our republic sound and continuing.
    Our armed forces pledge allegiance to the very Bill of Rights which contains 'the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.' That's what they died/die for. The supreme law of the land.
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

    @Nee_Nihilo

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Idolater For Your Post:

    ok doser (October 15th, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us