User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The eternal safety and preservation of Gods Elect !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,643 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The eternal safety and preservation of Gods Elect !

Most in mans religion today believe that Salvation/Justification is conditioned on man in some shape, form or fashion and therefore many believe that those Christ died for can lose their Salvation/Justification if man doesn't fulfill the appropriate conditions. I'm here to testify that Gods Elect are never in danger of losing Salvation/Justification from God, simply because all of it has been conditioned upon Christ, Hes first and foremost responsible for their final Salvation/Justification before God. Heb 2:9-10

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

God holds Christ responsible to bring the many Sons unto Glory via His death, sufferings which constituted Him to be the Captain of their Salvation, even unto final Glory!
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

MennoSota (October 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Most in mans religion today believe that Salvation/Justification is conditioned on man in some shape, form or fashion and therefore many believe that those Christ died for can lose their Salvation/Justification if man doesn't fulfill the appropriate conditions. I'm here to testify that Gods Elect are never in danger of losing Salvation/Justification from God, simply because all of it has been conditioned upon Christ, Hes first and foremost responsible for their final Salvation/Justification before God. Heb 2:9-10

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

God holds Christ responsible to bring the many Sons unto Glory via His death, sufferings which constituted Him to be the Captain of their Salvation, even unto final Glory!

Absolutely ! And Christ as the Captain of their Salvation, knows every man of His Elect Seed Eph. 1:3-5 by name John 10:3, the Many Sons Heb. 2:9-10 given Him of the Father John 10:29 that He suffered God's Wrath on behalf of Is. 53:10-11. And He is their Prince and Deliverer Dan. 12:1, whose names were already written in His Book of Life of The Lamb before the foundation of the world Rev. 13:8; and He is their soon coming King who has has gone before them to prepare their mansions in Glory John 14:2 where they shall live together in His midst Forever Zeph. 3:17 !
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another way of understanding the eternal safety and preservation of Gods Elect is by way of Predestination. Those God did predestinate He did Justify as Per Rom 8:29-30

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Now them God Justifieth, them He also Glorifieth, and that with Eternal Glory. So the Justified are ensured to be Glorified.

And whom is it that God Justifieth ? Rom 8:33

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Its none other than God's Elect.

Charles Spurgeon !

6. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another way of understanding the eternal safety and preservation of Gods Elect is by way of Predestination. Those God did predestinate He did Justify as Per Rom 8:29-30

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Now them God Justifieth, them He also Glorifieth, and that with Eternal Glory. So the Justified are ensured to be Glorified.

And whom is it that God Justifieth ? Rom 8:33

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Its none other than God's Elect.

Amen, God's Elect are surely Justified presently from Everlasting, and are also ensured to be even Glorified presently in time, when they are given the Spirit in New Birth.

1 Pet. 4:14

If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (October 10th, 2018),MennoSota (October 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True believers are preserved unto Glory by the Power of God 1 Pet 1:3-5

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
    Last edited by beloved57; October 11th, 2018 at 12:11 PM.

Charles Spurgeon !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True believers were even preserved in Christ prior to being called, so yet while uncalled and in unbelief Jude 1:1

Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

The word preserved is the greek word tēreō and means:

to attend to carefully, take care of

1. to guard
    2. metaph. to keep, one in the state in which he is
    3. to observe
    4. to reserve: to undergo something

Its also in the perfect tense a completed action in the past with present results

They were then Guarded IN Jesus Christ !

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks
    Thanked 11,980 Times in 8,415 Posts

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell all of us, how you know, that you are one of "the elect?"

Continued silence, after being asked that simple question, for years.
    Saint John W

13. The Following User Says Thank You to john w For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (October 11th, 2018)

TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,181 Times in 22,345 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    Tell all of us, how you know, that you are one of "the elect?"

Probably because they buy into the 'false doctrine' of Calvinism (Reformed theology)

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True believers are preserved unto Glory by the Power of God 1 Pet 1:3-5

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Amen Brother, and True believers are the Faithful in Jesus Christ Eph. 1:1, Abraham's Seed Gal. 3:9, the Saints who have, by the Power of God, been given the fruit of Faith Gal. 5:22 when they are Born of the Spirit John 3:3, 6; and God's Elect Saints are also referred to in scripture as the Preserved of God Ps. 31:23a !

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (October 11th, 2018),MennoSota (October 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    Amen Brother, and True believers are the Faithful in Jesus Christ Eph. 1:1, Abraham's Seed Gal. 3:9, the Saints who have, by the Power of God, been given the fruit of Faith Gal. 5:22 when they are Born of the Spirit John 3:3, 6; and God's Elect Saints are also referred to in scripture as the Preserved of God Ps. 31:23a !
    Tell all of us, how you know, how we know, that you are one of "the elect," one of the "True" believers, that are "Faithful," one of "God's Elect Saints," one of the "preserved of God?"

Unpack it for us.

Let me guess: By examining how "faithful" you are, by examining how much "fruit of Faith" you have, how you show "perseverance"(as in TULIP), by examining your "lifestyle."

Calvinism is just another perversion of the gospel of Christ, as it is a "works based" performance system, by which it judges whether one is saved/justified-no different than Romanism, Mormonism, Buddhism,......................................... .............

To wit....Catch that "True believers?" You talk like a Catholic....They talk like you...."Devout Christian."

The "True" qualifier acknowledges a works-based "salvation."

Tell us what "Untrue believers" are.

Do be a dear. Is that like "Wet Water?"

Is that like "true pregnancy?"
    Saint John W

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    Amen, check out this verse also Ps 37:28

For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they arepreserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

Charles Spurgeon !

19. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The righteous shall persevere, its an promise Job 17:9

The righteous also shall hold on his way, and he that hath clean hands shall be stronger and stronger.

Now the righteous are those made so by the obedience of One Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Charles Spurgeon !

21. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (October 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The righteous shall persevere, its an promise Job 17:9

The righteous also shall hold on his way, and he that hath clean hands shall be stronger and stronger.

Now the righteous are those made so by the obedience of One Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
    Tell all of us, how you know, that you are one of "the elect?" Let me guess-because you "persevere," which is a works-based performance system, as you examine your lifestyle, to determine if you are saved, which is a perversion of the gospel of Christ.

Saint John W

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen, check out this verse also Ps 37:28

For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they arepreserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

Awesome !

And also these:

Ps. 89:5
    And the heavens shall praise thy wonders, O LORD: thy faithfulness also in the congregation of the saints.

Ps. 16:3
    But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight.

Prov. 2:8
    He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (October 11th, 2018)

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God will ensure the salvation of his chosen ones and destroy the wicked.
    Habakkuk 3:12-13 (esv)
    You marched through the earth in fury; you threshed the nations in anger.You went out for the salvation of your people, for the salvation of your anointed. You crushed the head of the house of the wicked, laying him bare from thigh to neck. Selah

Habakkuk 3:12-13 (nlt)
    You marched across the land in anger and trampled the nations in your fury. You went out to rescue your chosen people, to save your anointed ones. You crushed the heads of the wicked and stripped their bones from head to toe.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to MennoSota For Your Post:

Rosenritter (October 13th, 2018)

Thread Information