User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Jesus die only for the sheep (cf. John 10)?

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    I know this site is owned by open theists. Open theism is a heresy. John Piper utterly destroyed Greg Boyd in debate on the issue just as Augustine destroyed Pelagius centuries before.
    Where can i read/listen to this debate? Has it been discussed on this site?

God is Sovereign over ever little detail at all times, past, present and future.
    What makes you think Open Theism doesn't concur?

I find small minded people who worship a wimpy God to be the saddest christians one could find.
    Why would Open Theism make God "wimpy" or its advocates "the saddest"?

Are Calvinists the most happy of all people on earth?

Keep telling yourself you are in control.
    It's God Himself who tells us to "choose". Why tell us "choose" if He is doing the choosing for us & we are just puppets He is "controlling"? When you use a TV remote control to "control" the TV, do you tell it to "choose" or do you do the choosing for it because it is incapable of choosing?

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GregoryN View Post
    Where can i read/listen to this debate? Has it been discussed on this site?

What makes you think Open Theism doesn't concur?

Why would Open Theism make God "wimpy" or its advocates "the saddest"?

Are Calvinists the most happy of all people on earth?

It's God Himself who tells us to "choose". Why tell us "choose" if He is doing the choosing for us & we are just puppets He is "controlling"? When you use a TV remote control to "control" the TV, do you tell it to "choose" or do you do the choosing for it because it is incapable of choosing?
    Context is important when you talk about choosing. We have addressed this all before. I cannot heal you, Greg.

As for the debate, I don't know that it was video taped. Both Boyd and Piper were affiliated with Bethel College. Boyd as a theology professor and Piper as Pastor at Bethlehem Baptist, a Baptist General Conference (now Emerge) church. Tom Schreiner also taught theology at the seminary.
    Boyd and Piper had a series of debates on campus. Boyd lost the debate, resigned as a professor and formed his own church. A decade later, Boyd's church kicked him out. (See the trend) Boyd has lost all credibility within Evangelical churches as he slips into a view that makes God less and less while lifting up humans higher and higher.

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Context is important when you talk about choosing. We have addressed this all before. I cannot heal you, Greg.

As for the debate, I don't know that it was video taped. Both Boyd and Piper were affiliated with Bethel College. Boyd as a theology professor and Piper as Pastor at Bethlehem Baptist, a Baptist General Conference (now Emerge) church. Tom Schreiner also taught theology at the seminary.
    Boyd and Piper had a series of debates on campus. Boyd lost the debate, resigned as a professor and formed his own church. A decade later, Boyd's church kicked him out. (See the trend) Boyd has lost all credibility within Evangelical churches as he slips into a view that makes God less and less while lifting up humans higher and higher.
    Whose opinion was it that Boyd lost the debate? Boyd's? And, if so, did he renounce Open Theism at that time?

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GregoryN View Post
    Whose opinion was it that Boyd lost the debate? Boyd's? And, if so, did he renounce Open Theism at that time?
    Considering that Boyd is no longer a professor of theology, nor a pastor, it seems to me that God has decided. Boyd has followed the heresy of Pelagius. God may or may not bring him to his senses.

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering that Boyd is no longer a professor of theology, nor a pastor, it seems to me that God has decided. Boyd has followed the heresy of Pelagius. God may or may not bring him to his senses.
    That seems to me quite irrelevant to my queries re who won a debate.

A genius atheist could debate for Open Theism in Scripture & win the debate vs Piper.

It would not surprise me if Piper were exposed as being a closet Satanist in the near future. After all, i don't know the man & Satan's messengers can appear as apostles or angels of light that have all those around them & the world deceived as to what they are really about, e.g. $$$$$$$$$$$
    Last edited by GregoryN; October 11th, 2018 at 02:56 AM.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, you're saying that Boyd was pastor of an evangelical church, and eventually the evangelical church kicked him out?

Isn't it your view (in agreement with Spurgeon) that Calvinism is the gospel? So, all evangelical churches, by definition, being churches that believe the evangel--the gospel--must then be churches that believe Calvinism? So, in short, an evangelical church is nothing other than a Calvinist church.

So, what you're saying is that Boyd formed, and was a pastor of, a Calvinist church, and his Calvinist congregation kicked him out 10 years later?

Boyd "lost all credibility within Evangelical churches", you say? So, evangelical--that is to say, Calvinist--churches had previously considered him a Calvinist? If not, then why would he have ever had credibility with those evangelical--that is, Calvinist churches--to begin with?

You say "Boyd lost the debate". What makes you say so? Did Piper stonewall against all Boyd's questions, and then lie, saying he had already answered them all? Did Piper refer to Boyd by the magic word, "Pelagian"? Did Piper say that Boyd was "twisted like a pretzel"? Did Piper say "LOL" a lot?

One of Calvinism's greatest hypocrisies is that, out of one side of their mouth, they say that Calvinism is the gospel, while, out of the other side of their mouth, they refer to some non-Calvinists as evangelicals, as Christians (which would necessarily imply that these non-Calvinists are elect).

Thread Information