User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: Kavanaugh sworn in to SCOTUS

  1. #1
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,258
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 5,213 Times in 3,869 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147724

    Kavanaugh sworn in to SCOTUS

    This is why there was a discernable difference in November 2016, between the lesser evil of Donald Trump and the greater evil of Hillary Clinton. It's understandable that in the emotions of the day, that distinction was lost. For those who refuse to recognize it still, well ya can't fix stupid.
    Last edited by ok doser; October 7th, 2018 at 08:45 AM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    CatholicCrusader (October 9th, 2018)

  3. #2
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    17,200
    Thanks
    301
    Thanked 10,284 Times in 7,580 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147824
    I don't get why leftists hate this dude so much. He's pro-homo and pro-abortion. Not to mention that he's been accused of sexual misconduct.

    He's a leftist's poster boy!

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    fool (October 8th, 2018),genuineoriginal (October 8th, 2018),ok doser (October 7th, 2018)

  5. #3
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,258
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 5,213 Times in 3,869 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147724
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    I don't get why leftists hate this dude so much. He's pro-homo and pro-abortion. Not to mention that he's been accused of sexual misconduct.

    He's a leftist's poster boy!

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

    He's a wealthy old white male

    That's four strikes against him right there

  6. #4
    Resident Rocket Surgeon rocketman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,871
    Thanks
    294
    Thanked 1,790 Times in 1,234 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147627
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    I don't get why leftists hate this dude so much. He's pro-homo and pro-abortion. Not to mention that he's been accused of sexual misconduct.

    He's a leftist's poster boy!

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Is he pro abortion? The man has never ruled on an abortion case and I have not heard him speak as a proponent or an opponent of it. I guess we will find out if it ever comes before the court, and as far as sexual assault fairy tale, there is absolutely no evidence to back that assertion to date. I am not sure what kind of Judge he will be as of yet but, from his background, and some of what I read written about him I am encouraged that he is a legal purist that will keep to the constitution instead of judicial activism which is really the most we should ask from a justice. Wait & see I would say.
    The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...pictureid=3504


    Help Take Back Our Country from Washington D.C.. with the Convention of States

  7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rocketman For Your Post:

    glorydaz (October 8th, 2018),ok doser (October 7th, 2018),Right Divider (October 7th, 2018),Sherman (October 9th, 2018),steko (October 8th, 2018)

  8. #5
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    17,200
    Thanks
    301
    Thanked 10,284 Times in 7,580 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147824
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    Is he pro abortion? The man has never ruled on an abortion case and I have not heard him speak as a proponent or an opponent of it. I guess we will find out if it ever comes before the court, and as far as sexual assault fairy tale, there is absolutely no evidence to back that assertion to date. I am not sure what kind of Judge he will be as of yet but, from his background, and some of what I read written about him I am encouraged that he is a legal purist that will keep to the constitution instead of judicial activism which is really the most we should ask from a justice. Wait & see I would say.
    I listened to his endorsement by Susan Collins.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    ok doser (October 7th, 2018)

  10. #6
    Resident Rocket Surgeon rocketman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,871
    Thanks
    294
    Thanked 1,790 Times in 1,234 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147627
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    I listened to his endorsement by Susan Collins.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Ms Collins speech is hardly a piece of hard evidence of how this man will rule as a justice. Until such time as a case concerning this issue comes before him I think it is premature to label him as to how he would rule. Just me anyway.
    The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...pictureid=3504


    Help Take Back Our Country from Washington D.C.. with the Convention of States

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rocketman For Your Post:

    glorydaz (October 8th, 2018),ok doser (October 7th, 2018)

  12. #7
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    12,793
    Thanks
    1,246
    Thanked 8,568 Times in 5,602 Posts

    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147819
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    I don't get why leftists hate this dude so much.
    Because he does not legislate from the bench and the Democrats previously depended on the Supreme Court to put the legislation which they wanted into law.

    No more!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

    glorydaz (October 8th, 2018)

  14. #8
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,258
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 5,213 Times in 3,869 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147724
    Saw a leftist comment on a friend's Facebook page yesterday- they're pinning their hopes on a landslide next month and an impeachment based on perjury



    I get the feeling there's gonna be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth on November 7

    And a lot of puppy hugging and thumb sucking

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    glorydaz (October 8th, 2018),Jerry Shugart (October 7th, 2018),rocketman (October 8th, 2018)

  16. #9
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    12,793
    Thanks
    1,246
    Thanked 8,568 Times in 5,602 Posts

    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147819
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    Ms Collins speech is hardly a piece of hard evidence of how this man will rule as a justice. Until such time as a case concerning this issue comes before him I think it is premature to label him as to how he would rule. Just me anyway.
    Yes, but his rulings while he served on the United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit gives us a good hint.

    He will not legislate from the bench!

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

    glorydaz (October 8th, 2018)

  18. #10
    Over 500 post club Idolater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    749
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 126 Times in 112 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    15294
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    Saw a leftist comment on a friend's Facebook page yesterday- they're pinning their hopes on a landslide next month and an impeachment based on perjury



    I get the feeling there's gonna be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth on November 7

    And a lot of puppy hugging and thumb sucking
    fwiw, '538' predicts that the Senate'll remain 'red,' but that the House is going to go 'blue.'

    It should be noted in the light of this, that over the past two years, very little in the way of progress was made anyway. What were they waiting for? You had a 'red' POTUS, Senate, and House, and it was virtually bupkis, with them adding More gun control, as a major footnote. I don't even think that President Obama added any gun control to the federal code, but here we've got in under two years this 'red' government adding more law wrt the 'NICS' background check system, and apparently 'bumpstocks' are going to be banned soon also; both of which infringe/further infringe inalienable human gun rights.
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

    @Nee_Nihilo

  19. #11
    Resident Rocket Surgeon rocketman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,871
    Thanks
    294
    Thanked 1,790 Times in 1,234 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147627
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    Saw a leftist comment on a friend's Facebook page yesterday- they're pinning their hopes on a landslide next month and an impeachment based on perjury



    I get the feeling there's gonna be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth on November 7

    And a lot of puppy hugging and thumb sucking
    This whole impeachment nonsense is just that....nonsense. Even if the lower house is able to cobble together a majority after November, I highly doubt that they could pull it off, furthermore it takes 2/3rds of the senate to remove said official from office...that isn't gonna happen. Is there a possibility that the Dems could take the house in November? a slim one, it's gonna be close for sure but, taking the senate? not a chance...not gonna happen. I actually think that just as we saw in 2016 the far left is expecting a wave that will never come.
    The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...pictureid=3504


    Help Take Back Our Country from Washington D.C.. with the Convention of States

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to rocketman For Your Post:

    ok doser (October 8th, 2018)

  21. #12
    Over 2500 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    2,771
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1,015 Times in 657 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    366616
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    This whole impeachment nonsense is just that....nonsense. Even if the lower house is able to cobble together a majority after November, I highly doubt that they could pull it off, furthermore it takes 2/3rds of the senate to remove said official from office...that isn't gonna happen. Is there a possibility that the Dems could take the house in November? a slim one, it's gonna be close for sure but, taking the senate? not a chance...not gonna happen. I actually think that just as we saw in 2016 the far left is expecting a wave that will never come.
    Impeachment, while warranted with this atrocious president, will only distract. Just wait until he is out of office and NY State pursues his tax issues. Yep, most of that is past the SoL for criminal charges, but with luck will open the door to more current problems trump will have.

  22. #13
    Resident Rocket Surgeon rocketman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,871
    Thanks
    294
    Thanked 1,790 Times in 1,234 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147627
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahdog View Post
    Impeachment, while warranted with this atrocious president, will only distract. Just wait until he is out of office and NY State pursues his tax issues. Yep, most of that is past the SoL for criminal charges, but with luck will open the door to more current problems trump will have.
    That tax business is a very old story Jonahdog, it has already been given the wave off by the IRS years ago, that dog won't hunt. Whether it be impeachment for the president or Kavanaugh is simply a waste of time, a big distraction. Really at this point I feel sorry for mainstream democrats that have seen their party hijacked by far left socialist factions which are distancing the party from real issues which they should attempt to move forward if they were able to capture the House. The democrats are a party that has moved too far left to win elections and we have seen that trend in the last three national elections anyway, they are losing ground quickly, and the far left factions are the reason they may not win even the house this November. It is hard to mess with success, and as anyone who is watching can see the nation is in a move towards prosperity... jobs, rising wages, low unemployment just to name a few, these are things that determine votes...if the libs cannot get back on message and define themselves on a level other than "resist" they will lose because, the American people are winning now, and the numbers prove it.
    The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...pictureid=3504


    Help Take Back Our Country from Washington D.C.. with the Convention of States

  23. #14
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,258
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 5,213 Times in 3,869 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147724
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahdog View Post
    Impeachment, while warranted with this atrocious president,

    These libs were clinging to the hope of removing kavanaugh by impeachment

    Not sure what they were expecting to prove perjury with

  24. #15
    Resident Rocket Surgeon rocketman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,871
    Thanks
    294
    Thanked 1,790 Times in 1,234 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147627
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    These libs were clinging to the hope of removing kavanaugh by impeachment

    Not sure what they were expecting to prove perjury with
    Some wild hair brain accusation to be sure...
    The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...pictureid=3504


    Help Take Back Our Country from Washington D.C.. with the Convention of States

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us