User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 83

Thread: Dr. Ford's Lie-Detector Test a Fraud

  1. #61
    Over 5000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,383
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 869 Times in 592 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    277753
    Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
    I understand that, but impeachment can be politically crippling, even without a Senate guilty sentence.
    You're not looking above the surface.
    People who don't care what other people think don't care what other people think.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  2. #62
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    5,150
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked 709 Times in 582 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    You're not looking above the surface.
    People who don't care what other people think don't care what other people think.
    I understand that too. But reality is that the fake news media has been able to slow down Trump's agenda with all the Russia crap and other crap, and an impeachment will take him away from work he could otherwise be doing. It will sap needed energy.

  3. #63
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    20,254
    Thanks
    3,593
    Thanked 7,778 Times in 4,502 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147822
    Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
    As usual, you think you are more clever than you actually are.
    As usual, you're exactly as clever as I thought you were.

    I shall re-state: Only an IDIOT would believe Ford,
    Even the nominee said he believed that something traumatic had happened to her. The president said she was a credible witness. You don't have to be an idiot to believe either of them.

    I supported Kavanaugh's confirmation until the hearing. He changed my mind, though it wasn't because of the issue. That said, if you follow the axiom false in one thing false in many then I'd say there's more reason to doubt him than there is to believe her.

    and only a PIG would assume Kavanaugh's guilt.
    I believe in a fair and impartial hearing without presumption. Only the irrational make up their minds on a thing before they evidence is presented on the poing. That said, many of those opposing him had done so for other reasons prior to using Ford as a tool in an attempt to thwart republican ambitions.

    Assuming guilt instead of presuming innocence is Fascist.
    Assuming either position in that hearing would be irresponsible.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  4. #64
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,762
    Thanks
    11,321
    Thanked 19,231 Times in 10,829 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147683

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
    I understand that, but impeachment can be politically crippling, even without a Senate guilty sentence.
    It didn't have much effect on the last guys impeached.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    lifeisgood (October 10th, 2018)

  6. #65
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    20,254
    Thanks
    3,593
    Thanked 7,778 Times in 4,502 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147822
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgood View Post
    I can attest to this as I asked my granddaughter the other day if she is taught history and she said no, they do not teach her about history. I almost fell off my chair. I didn't tell her anything, but I did talk to my son about it.
    Odd. It's integral to our academics here.

    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    That's what would normally happen, the pendulum swings the other way. So if the Dems make gains in the midterms then balance is restored. We all sit around and stare at each other for two years and nothing much happens and that's how it sorta supposed to work.
    Essentially. Except some of the better periods of our recent prosperity arrived when parties were forced to work with one another.

    If the Repubs hold the line or make gains in Congress then the greatest era in our history has begun.
    When you say something like that I feel like Henry Drummond staring across at Matthew Brady and wondering where it all went wrong.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  7. #66
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    5,150
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked 709 Times in 582 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

  8. #67
    Resident Rocket Surgeon rocketman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,874
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked 1,806 Times in 1,239 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147628
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    The truth is that we had two people making sworn statements about a thing and that's all we had.
    Not true, we had one individual accusing another individual of a criminal act, under oath, where there is no criminal statute of limitations given in the state where it allegedly occurred. It was far more than just competing narratives, and the implications are criminal. Yes, Kavanaugh was not compelled to answer them but, blind assertion did not win the day because why? Yes, that pesky due process which was extended to the accused to qualify the accusers statements, or in this case for the FBI to qualify her statements which were found to be bogus. Does it trouble you that Diane Feinstien is trying to keep the investigation results from being public? What's to hide? One has to wonder. I do understand your argument but, do not agree with it when it concerns a criminal matter, nor did the committee chairman, it seems. It was quite obvious this was a half rate political hit job which went all bad for them, and like Clarence Thomas he also survived the onslaught of despicable lies being put out for political ends... Shameful really.


    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    For the rest...your presumption isn't one of innocence. It's beneath you to write it and beneath me to worry after it. Believe I'm an elf it it suits what ails you to produce the need.
    Not acquainted with your elf quip which left me shrugging, however the rest of what I wrote does have to do with presumption, and due process in general which is under attack even at hallowed Law institutions like Yale which really is a scary thought. the idea that law professors or students would like to attack civil liberty (which due process is) from the institutions that are charged with teaching the law is really reprehensible. If you don't believe it is happening you really should read some of the news articles discussing the conundrum Yale is dealing with from staff, students, and alumni. Civil liberties don't have a political party and if they are eroded for this time & political season we all lose.
    The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...pictureid=3504


    Help Take Back Our Country from Washington D.C.. with the Convention of States

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rocketman For Your Post:

    CatholicCrusader (October 10th, 2018),lifeisgood (October 10th, 2018),Right Divider (October 10th, 2018)

  10. #68
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    5,150
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked 709 Times in 582 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    Not true, we had one individual accusing another individual of a criminal act, under oath, where there is no criminal statute of limitations given in the state where it allegedly occurred. It was far more than just competing narratives, and the implications are criminal. Yes, Kavanaugh was not compelled to answer them but, blind assertion did not win the day because why? Yes, that pesky due process which was extended to the accused to qualify the accusers statements, or in this case for the FBI to qualify her statements which were found to be bogus. Does it trouble you that Diane Feinstien is trying to keep the investigation results from being public? What's to hide? One has to wonder. I do understand your argument but, do not agree with it when it concerns a criminal matter, nor did the committee chairman, it seems. It was quite obvious this was a half rate political hit job which went all bad for them, and like Clarence Thomas he also survived the onslaught of despicable lies being put out for political ends... Shameful really.

    Not acquainted with your elf quip which left me shrugging, however the rest of what I wrote does have to do with presumption, and due process in general which is under attack even at hallowed Law institutions like Yale which really is a scary thought. the idea that law professors or students would like to attack civil liberty (which due process is) from the institutions that are charged with teaching the law is really reprehensible. If you don't believe it is happening you really should read some of the news articles discussing the conundrum Yale is dealing with from staff, students, and alumni. Civil liberties don't have a political party and if they are eroded for this time & political season we all lose.
    Well said. Whenever Town Heretic says, "The truth is..." you can bet that whatever follows is not the truth.

  11. #69
    Over 4000 post club lifeisgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,895
    Thanks
    8,492
    Thanked 2,987 Times in 1,928 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147611
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Odd. It's integral to our academics here.
    Well, I guess she should know as she is the one going to that school. I asked her if she knew who George Washington was and she said no. She knows now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Essentially. Except some of the better periods of our recent prosperity arrived when parties were forced to work with one another.
    I vote for Democrat robots and Republican robots, maybe then we would be able to get something constructive done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    When you say something like that I feel like Henry Drummond staring across at Matthew Brady and wondering where it all went wrong.
    You're welcome.
    No man can come to God except through Christ. (Jn. 14:20)
    No man can come to Christ unless he comes through the Cross. (Jn. 3:16; Eph. 2:1318)
    No man can come to the Cross without a denial of self. (Lk. 9:2324)

  12. #70
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    12,793
    Thanks
    1,246
    Thanked 8,573 Times in 5,605 Posts

    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147820
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Assuming either position in that hearing would be irresponsible.
    So you actually think that assuming the principle of "presumption of innocence" in the hearing would have been irresponsible?

    Why should that principle, which is a bedrock of civilized nations, be abandoned? You didn't actually fall for the Democrat Senators' fairy tale that it was only a job interview so Kavanaugh was responsible for proving that he was innocent, did you?

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

    lifeisgood (October 11th, 2018),Right Divider (October 10th, 2018)

  14. #71
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    5,150
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked 709 Times in 582 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    .....Assuming either position in that hearing would be irresponsible.
    What a dope.

  15. #72
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    20,254
    Thanks
    3,593
    Thanked 7,778 Times in 4,502 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147822
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    So you actually think that assuming the principle of "presumption of innocence" in the hearing would have been irresponsible?
    I not only think that way, I told anyone listening why it's so.

    Why should that principle, which is a bedrock of civilized nations, be abandoned?
    One last time then. It's not abandoned, because it was never meant to function in the type of hearing Kavanaugh was having. The presumption of innocence exists in criminal prosecutions. Why? Because the state is the accuser, the moving party, and that state carries authority in its charges and has at its disposal a massive amount of resources. The only way to give the accused a chance given the disparity of position is to empower them with that presumption and a standard for overcoming it that demands a great deal.

    Or, we aren't so much tilting the field in favor of the defendant as we are trying to level it against the disparity in power and inference where the state has taken a side against the individual. That makes complete sense.

    In the type of hearing where judge Kavanaugh was a participant the state was not the accuser or the defendant, but a third party with interest, that interest being a fair and full hearing of the competing narratives.

    The two sides of the aisle did an abysmal job of pretending to do that, they both failed Ford and Kavanaugh by essentially acting, along party lines, as de facto prosecutors and defense attorneys. They should have simply heard the testimony, called whatever witnesses there were to support either narrative, then made their best deliberative estimation of the truth of the matter. Beyond that, they could and I think should have deliberated on the fitness of the candidate given the testimony, but beyond the issue of the narrative differences. And all of that should have been behind closed doors.

    What we got, instead, was a sham. Democrats used Ford like a doorstop, without sufficient regard for her welfare. Republicans ignored her to play partisan politics and lash out at the dems. It was an embarrassment to anyone who values process.



    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgood View Post
    Well, I guess she should know as she is the one going to that school.
    I didn't suggest anything about her experience, only noted that its contrary to my county and state experience/standard. What state is her school in?

    I asked her if she knew who George Washington was and she said no. She knows now.
    We talk about Washington by 1st grade here.

    You're welcome.
    That was for rm, but
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  16. #73
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    5,150
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked 709 Times in 582 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    I not only think that way, I told anyone listening why it's so.......
    Really. So.... ....if you . go into a job interview for your dream job, and during the interview some jerk who you never met stands up and said you attacked her during the VE Day celebration, and then the owner looks at you and says, "Sorry bub, I gotta believe her. Take a hike".... ....you're going to stand here, right here right now, and tell us all that you woulds be cool with that. Is that right? Your dream job of a lifetime shot to hell on the word of somebody you never met and you'd accept that because presumption of innocence would have no place in your interview.

    You're going top tell us all right now that you would accept that and walk away. Is that right?

  17. #74
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    20,254
    Thanks
    3,593
    Thanked 7,778 Times in 4,502 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147822
    Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
    Really. So.... ....if you . go into a job interview for your dream job, and during the interview some jerk who you never met stands up and said you attacked her during the VE Day celebration, and then the owner looks at you and says, "Sorry bub, I gotta believe her. Take a hike".... ....you're going to stand here, right here right now, and tell us all that you woulds be cool with that.

    Is that right? Your dream job of a lifetime shot to hell on the word of somebody you never met and you'd accept that because presumption of innocence would have no place in your interview.

    You're going top tell us all right now that you would accept that and walk away. Is that right?[/QUOTE]
    What I've said is that the state, or in your scenario a private sector employer, should hear the competing narratives, examine whatever supportive evidence there is to be had, and come to their best decision, without assuming anything at the outset.

    If someone lied about me and it cost me that opportunity I'd sue them civilly for the loss of income.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  18. #75
    Over 5000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,383
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 869 Times in 592 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    277753
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Essentially. Except some of the better periods of our recent prosperity arrived when parties were forced to work with one another.
    Well if there's a fire put it out, we tend to disagree what's a fire though.

    When you say something like that I feel like Henry Drummond staring across at Matthew Brady and wondering where it all went wrong.
    Are you referring to the two characters in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inherit_the_Wind_(play)
    Or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_...d_(evangelist)
    And
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathew_Brady

    I'm assuming the first because although Hernrey Drummond wrote https://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Thin.../dp/1599865742
    I'm not sure how a contemporaneous Daguerreotypeist is related.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us