Thread: Judging the Mitchell Report

Thanks
    Thanked 8,573 Times in 5,605 Posts

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    I was holding up the litmus he propounded and failed.
    Did you see any failure on his part during the past twelve years when he served as a Judge on one of the second highest courts in the USA?

Seriously, when you talk about politics you just untether. No idea why.
    Seriously, when you talk about politics an accusation serves as proof!

And this from a person who was trained to be a lawyer!

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yet you can't own every sort of weapon legally.
    Not me. Women. Women can't own every sort of weapon legally. It's as if Democrats and others opposed to gun rights prefer that women remain as permanent underdogs to men, in their odds of being victims (usually of men).
    Or, there's a reasonable line to be drawn. The Court, I believe, made a mistake we're paying for on where they found that line. I believe I draw it where the Founders would be satisfied and that moving beyond that presents a clear and present danger to the people the right was meant to serve.
    It only presents a clear and present danger, as opposed to just a present danger without them, when there are real murderers and real rapists living among us, which there are. We all see the irony in that, especially wrt the Second Amendment's clear language.

iow, it's that murderers and rapists are real, that prima facie justifies the S. Ct.'s authorized interpretation of that law, at least verbally. If murderers and rapists were just figments, only appearing in novels and on television and in movies, then at least you'd have that to argue against expansive gun freedoms, corresponding to the inalienable gun rights that we all possess, and are enshrined in the Second's plain language.

But you don't even have that.

And also wrt 'the right was meant to serve' . . . there's something wrong in that word choice. The right is inalienable, not created, it is recognized, and affirmed in the Constitution, not granted, not like the right to a speedy trial, or the right to vote, or even the right to privacy. These are created, the right to keep and bear all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding, is inalienable.

We have the right to defend our own lives, and, we have the inalienable right to defend innocent people. Things infringing this right, are any roadblocks, obstacles, speedbumps, etc., that interfere with how easy it is to obtain, procure, or take possession of all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding, along with anything interfering with carrying them.
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

@Nee_Nihilo

Thanks
    Thanked 7,788 Times in 4,512 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Did you see any failure on his part during the past twelve years when he served as a Judge on one of the second highest courts in the USA?
    This is the first time I've gotten to see him in the flesh speaking to any issue. I've spoken to why I was disappointed, though I hope the experience makes him a better jurist, having experienced what it is like from the other side of the bench.

Seriously, when you talk about politics an accusation serves as proof!
    I literally said the accusation wasn't why I changed my mind about him, so what accusation can you be referring to?
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Thanks
    Thanked 3,007 Times in 1,942 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never voted in mid-term elections. Guilty as charged. I have changed my tune though.

Because of the 'you are guilty until you (accused) prove yourself innocent'. I have sons and a daughter, grandsons and granddaughters, and I do not ever wish for them (or for anyone else's) to ever be in such a position of being considered 'guilty' and they the 'accused' having to prove that they are innocent. What, do we believe that only boys/men will be placed in such a position of 'prove that you are not guilty'?

I have asked a few of my friends as my birthday gift to go and vote. Yes, I was born November 6. They also have never voted in mid-term elections.
    No man can come to God except through Christ. (Jn. 14:20)
    No man can come to Christ unless he comes through the Cross. (Jn. 3:16; Eph. 2:1318)
    No man can come to the Cross without a denial of self. (Lk. 9:2324)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,573 Times in 5,605 Posts

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgood View Post
    I have asked a few of my friends as my birthday gift to go and vote. Yes, I was born November 6.
    So was I and on November 6 I will receive one of the best birhday gifts I have ever received--the Republicans will retain control of both the House and the Senate!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

ok doser (October 9th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,788 Times in 4,512 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Should be an interesting election. We'll see. I think this hearing will have an impact. Now what that impact is and what it says about us remains a mystery for a bit longer.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Over 5000 post club CatholicCrusader's Avatar
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    So was I and on November 6 I will receive one of the best birhday gifts I have ever received--the Republicans will retain control of both the House and the Senate!
    From your mouth to God's ear I hope. Trump has already literally saved this nation by saving the Supreme Court from the fascist mobs. He deserves everyone's support.

"God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If he gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it." - Pope Francis

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CatholicCrusader For Your Post:

ok doser (October 9th, 2018)

Thread Information