Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,919 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    If Kavanaugh is not confirmed, as a Republican from my radiator to my tailpipe, I am not disheartened. Mme. Barrett sits in the wings and will do just fine.
    Isn't she the one President Trump wanted to nominate? I do not have all my facts on this one, however, I do remember that someone said that President Trump wanted to nominate a woman but then nominated Judge Kavanaugh. Don't know the reason why though.

You believe that Senator Chuck Schumer is not going to tell his subservients to do 'whatever it takes' to derail the next president's nominee for SCOTUS as he told them now for this nominee?

On the record, I believe the Democrats will do the same thing that they are doing now, the only difference will be that if another Supreme Court vacancy becomes available it will be done against a woman. Just my 2 cents.
    No man can come to God except through Christ. (Jn. 14:20)
    No man can come to Christ unless he comes through the Cross. (Jn. 3:16; Eph. 2:1318)
    No man can come to the Cross without a denial of self. (Lk. 9:2324)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just saw Senator Chuck Schumer on public television saying that the Democrats had absolutely nothing to do with what is happening with this judicial nomination. This is so disingenuous that every woman should be terrified.

Senator Chuck Schumer really believes he did not say "There's No Presumption of Innocence" For Kavanaugh - September 25, 2018 or maybe Senator Chuck Schumer believe he did not say, "I'm going to fight the Kavanaugh nomination 'with everything I've got'".
    No man can come to Christ unless he comes through the Cross. (Jn. 3:16; Eph. 2:1318)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    If it wasn't there when searched for how do we determine it was there before?
    Being that Mike Cernovich of the Washington Post Investigations is saying that the information is no longer there it is because he had seen the information before, because he had her information before anybody else did.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,713 Times in 4,458 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgood View Post
    I can guarantee you, Town Heretic, that I would never allow my daughter to testify to the 'alleged' whatever happened to her in public, no matter what.
    Okay, that wasn't the question though. What would you want for her were she in Ford's place?

I'd want there to be as impartial a hearing as could be given.

I, on the contrary, went into the hearing supporting Mrs. Ford. I no longer do. Mrs. Ford and her 'defenders' changed my mind.
    Publicly or in the quiet of your own mind? That's not to question your veracity, only the degree of your commitment to the idea. Because you're being pretty public with this part of it.

And what in her testimony would alter your position? I mean, even the president, no particular friend of the left, found her testimony credible.

Isn't she the one President Trump wanted to nominate? I do not have all my facts on this one, however, I do remember that someone said that President Trump wanted to nominate a woman but then nominated Judge Kavanaugh. Don't know the reason why though.
    I thought I remembered there being another candidate too, but I couldn't swear to it.

You believe that Senator Chuck Schumer is not going to tell his subservients to do 'whatever it takes' to derail the next president's nominee for SCOTUS as he told them now for this nominee?
    You think that wasn't on the mind of those same republican committee members when they sat on their hands after Obama sent his nominee to them?

On the record, I believe the Democrats will do the same thing that they are doing now, the only difference will be that if another Supreme Court vacancy becomes available it will be done against a woman. Just my 2 cents.
    I don't know that they're doing anything now, other than being political in timing and opportunistic in how they use it. Or, politics as usual, sadly.

Being that Mike Cernovich of the Washington Post Investigations is saying that the information is no longer there it is because he had seen the information before, because he had her information before anybody else did.
    Okay, then what damning information does he believe would be a matter of fairly public record? Or is it just a feeling he has about some content he isn't certain enough to speak to?
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, that wasn't the question though. What would you want for her were she in Ford's place?
    I would want justice for my daughter and for yours also, especially, from the ones who are supposed to defend them, but that is NOT what Dr. Ford got was it? Rhetorical question. And that would not be what my daughter or yours would have received either had they been in Dr. Ford's place. All Dr. Ford received, and all my daughter and yours would receive, is being dragged through the mud.
    Last edited by lifeisgood; October 2nd, 2018 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Publicly or in the quiet of your own mind? That's not to question your veracity, only the degree of your commitment to the idea. Because you're being pretty public with this part of it.
    First, it was in the quiet of my mind and now I say it publicly.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And what in her testimony would alter your position? I mean, even the president, no particular friend of the left, found her testimony credible.
    When she said her therapist must have been mistaken.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I remembered there being another candidate too, but I couldn't swear to it.
    I couldn’t swear to it either.

You think that wasn't on the mind of those same republican committee members when they sat on their hands after Obama sent his nominee to them?
    They did not ‘murder’ President Obama nominee’s reputation. They simply said they would not vote for him.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,562 Times in 5,600 Posts

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm saying it was unclear that she understood they would come to her, a thing one of the republican senators echoed in his criticism of the democratic senators.
    How could she not know that the investigators would come to her if she was told that by her lawyers? That was "huge" concerning the timing of her testifying so it is inconceivable that if they told her she would forget it. However, according to her she didn't know:

"I was hoping that they come to me. But, then, I realized that that was an unrealistic request.”

If she was telling the truth then she forgot something which was very important to her just weeks after being told.

The only thing which she has to support her accusations is her "memory." That's the sum total of her evidence because even her long time friend denied what Dr. Ford supposedly remembered. The sum total. Nothing else!

So Dr. Ford forgot that Grassley made the offer, even though that offer came within a very short period of time before she forgot it. So anyone with any common sense can understand that her memory cannot be trusted since something so important to her just escaped her memory after a short period of time.

The only alternative is that she was lying and she did in fact know about the offer so anything she says cannot be trusted.

In either case her testimony has nothing at all to commend it and many reasons why it cannot be trusted. If she forgets information which is very important to her within weeks then who in their right mind could think that her testimony about what happened decades and decades ago can be trusted?

The Democrats vowed that they would do anything to stop Cavanaugh from being on the Supreme Court and that is one promise they are trying to keep. And here you are defending their star witness and her memory about what happened decades ago!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

lifeisgood (October 2nd, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know that they're doing anything now, other than being political in timing and opportunistic in how they use it. Or, politics as usual, sadly.
    You sound almost like Senator Chuck Schumer this morning saying that the Democrats have nothing to do with what is going on with this judicial nomination.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lifeisgood For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (October 2nd, 2018),Jerry Shugart (October 2nd, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, then what damning information does he believe would be a matter of fairly public record? Or is it just a feeling he has about some content he isn't certain enough to speak to?
    That is something you would have to ask him.

Mike Cernovich of the Washington Post Investigations said that Dr. Ford is a left activist. Maybe he went back to corroborate something else and found out that all he had seen about her before had been scrub.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lifeisgood For Your Post:

Jerry Shugart (October 2nd, 2018)

TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,181 Times in 22,345 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I consider myself to be an 'Independent Conservative,' not a Republican or Democrat. However, when I see the 'far-left' and all of their 'mudslinging and finagling,' I have to figure that Kavanaugh appears to be a detriment to their agenda, therefore, might just be the right man for the job. Being a Christian and a member of the 'Body of Christ' I could not, in all good conscience, vote Democrat or be a member of the Democratic Party of today. I grew up with a family of Democrats, however, the Democratic Party back then, was NOT the Democratic Party of today. The Party has gone, too far-left.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Jerry Shugart (October 2nd, 2018),lifeisgood (October 2nd, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    I consider myself to be an 'Independent Conservative,' not a Republican or Democrat. However, when I see the 'far-left' and all of their 'mudslinging and finagling,' I have to figure that Kavanaugh appears to be a detriment to their agenda, therefore, might just be the right man for the job. Being a Christian and a member of the 'Body of Christ' I could not, in all good conscience, vote Democrat or be a member of the Democratic Party of today. I grew up with a family of Democrats, however, the Democratic Party back then, was NOT the Democratic Party of today. The Party has gone, too far-left.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lifeisgood For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (October 2nd, 2018),Jerry Shugart (October 2nd, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I would want justice for for my daughter and for yours also
    And to receive justice, to have a chance for it in that setting she should expect open minds to consider her testimony. So should Kavanaugh.

...but that is NOT what Dr. Ford got was it? Rhetorical question. And that would not be what my daughter or yours would have received either had they been in Dr. Ford's place. All Dr. Ford received, and all my daughter and yours would receive, is being dragged through the mud.
    Which apparently worked. I mean, because you went in on her side of it, that mud happened as you set it out, and you left on the other. As condemnations go that almost works out, consequentially speaking, as an endorsement.

First, it was in the quiet of my mind and now I say it publicly.
    Okay, but that can't ring as loudly for me. I'm not casting aspersions on your truthfulness, but I do think it speaks to where your passion and allegiance rests. Because, as I noted above, with that mud and with testimony, again, that the president and many of those to the right on that committee, along with real time commentators from Fox news, for Pete's sake, found credible, you have somehow realigned. And done so publicly.

When she said her therapist must have been mistaken.
    About what? Where she says that she told the therapist there were four boys at the party and the therapist wrote four in the bedroom? That's it? A thing the therapist hasn't weighed in on to say, "No, I remember it distinctly," or, "Oh, probably. I wasn't taking dictation and it's entirely possible I jotted that down incorrectly." That's the turn for you? A fairly unsettled and tenuous point to reverse over, I'd say. Which maybe has some bearing on your public and perhaps tenuous support for her?

You sound almost like Senator Chuck Schumer this morning saying that the Democrats have nothing to do with what is going on with this judicial nomination.
    Is there a reason why you're doing all this so piecemail? I'm going to keep collecting them and putting them together to make it easier on the readers.

And no, I don't sound like a member of a body I've repeatedly and publicly criticized for their part in this.

That is something you would have to ask him.

Mike Cernovich of the Washington Post Investigations said that Dr. Ford is a left activist. Maybe he went back to corroborate something else and found out that all he had seen about her before had been scrub.
    Maybe the sky is a blue ribbon that hangs on a hook. Now as to the facts...

Pro-Life

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (October 2nd, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    I consider myself to be an 'Independent Conservative,' not a Republican or Democrat.
    I have not once in my time here read anything by you that wasn't supportive of the conservative ranks or the republican efforts in relation to the democrats. And given the bias you'll pronounce at the end of this about those democrats, it's a particularly empty independence.

However, when I see the 'far-left' and all of their 'mudslinging and finagling,' I have to figure that Kavanaugh appears to be a detriment to their agenda, therefore, might just be the right man for the job.
    And that's just the wrong litmus for endorsing a Justice for the S. Ct. It's a quick sum of just about everything that's wrong with politics today.

And the nominee himself has written a judge should not appear to be a partisan.

Being a Christian and a member of the 'Body of Christ' I could not, in all good conscience, vote Democrat or be a member of the Democratic Party of today.
    And many a Christian differs with you on that.

I grew up with a family of Democrats, however, the Democratic Party back then, was NOT the Democratic Party of today. The Party has gone, too far-left.
    The older you go in the population the more that sentiment rings true. It's a variation on Reagan's, "I did not leave the Democratic Party, the Democratic Party left me."

It's why by the time I'm my father's age I have little doubt I'll look largely conservative to my son's children.

Pro-Life

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (October 2nd, 2018),exminister (October 7th, 2018)

Thread Information