User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 141

Thread: Democrats Destroying the Most Important Principles of Justice in the USA

  1. #91
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    20,256
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 7,780 Times in 4,504 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147823
    I wrote: Her testimony is evidence. And it's credible evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    The FBI didn't think so but what do they know?
    Quote the FBI report where it says that.

    Speaking of actual writing, here's a link to an interesting article in the New Yorker about that lightning fast, pretend follow up investigation that lasted until mid week before the farce was concluded: link. It's enlightening.

    Do you deny that Ford accused Cavanaugh of a crime?
    Do you admit that the proceeding before the Judiciary Committee wasn't a criminal one?
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  2. #92
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,813
    Thanks
    2,062
    Thanked 5,838 Times in 4,263 Posts

    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147731
    Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post

    "Our attack is merely a beginning. We are not passive, we are not civil, and we will not apologize...."[/COLOR]
    "....and we're too cowardly to do this sort of thing in the daylight, in public, with our faces uncovered...."

  3. #93
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,813
    Thanks
    2,062
    Thanked 5,838 Times in 4,263 Posts

    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147731
    Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post

    'We Are Not Civil': Vandals Smash Windows, Spray Paint Doors of NYC GOP Office

    http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/10/1...-are-not-civil

    On Thursday night, the New York City office for the state's Republican Party was vandalized, complete with a message threatening violence against the GOP.

    The Metropolitan Republican Club's windows were smashed, its locks were broken and its doors were spray painted with anarchy symbols.

    A note left behind at the building read that the attack was putting the Republican Party "on notice."

    "Our attack is merely a beginning. We are not passive, we are not civil, and we will not apologize," it stated.

    Seems to me this is the very definition of terrorism

    A perfect opportunity for the right to paint the left as the party of terrorism

    Only three weeks to go!

  4. #94
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    20,256
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 7,780 Times in 4,504 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147823
    Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
    "...If you can't see the ruse it is because you don't want to see the truth..."

    There it is.
    I agree, but not about what that "it" is.

    What makes an obviously intelligent person absolutely deny Truth.
    What makes you confuse your willingness to believe a thing with truth?

    I'd say the answer isn't complicated. It's in the angry, contorted faces left and right. It's bias finding opportunity in ambiguity. It's the need to advance a narrative trumping the actual, demonstrable truth of a thing. Because there's nothing a zealot abhors more than ambiguity.

    That is the frightening aspect of how intelligent people succumb to evil; they can justify gay marriage or abortion or any number of evil things.
    Withholding judgement on a thing I cannot know isn't succumbing to evil. You're simply succumbing to your bias.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  5. #95
    Over 5000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,389
    Thanks
    230
    Thanked 872 Times in 594 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    277753
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    I'd say the answer isn't complicated. It's in the angry, contorted faces left and right. It's bias finding opportunity in ambiguity. It's the need to advance a narrative trumping the actual, demonstrable truth of a thing. Because there's nothing a zealot abhors more than ambiguity.
    It's called Motivated Thinking.
    There's "Can believe" and "Must believe".
    Kavenaughs detractors will settle for Can Believe. As long as they Can Believe he did something that's good enough for them to say he's unfit. Whereas his supporters will not wane unless they are confronted with Must Believe evidence, like a stain on a dress.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to fool For Your Post:

    ok doser (October 14th, 2018)

  7. #96
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    12,793
    Thanks
    1,246
    Thanked 8,573 Times in 5,605 Posts

    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147820
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Quote the FBI report where it says that.
    The report wasn't disclosed but those who leaked what it said reported that there was no evidence to support her accusations. Even a Democrat agreed and voted to confirm Kavanaugh.

    If the FBI did find evidence that supported Ford's accusation then it is certain that would have been leaked by the Democrats.

    I'm not surprised that you are not aware of these thing since you prove over and over that you can't recognize the obvious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Do you admit that the proceeding before the Judiciary Committee wasn't a criminal one?
    Do you always answer a question with a question?

    Do you admit that Ford accused Kavanaugh of a crime?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

    ok doser (October 14th, 2018)

  9. #97
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    20,256
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 7,780 Times in 4,504 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147823
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    It's called Motivated Thinking.
    There's "Can believe" and "Must believe".
    Kavenaughs detractors will settle for Can Believe. As long as they Can Believe he did something that's good enough for them to say he's unfit. Whereas his supporters will not wane unless they are confronted with Must Believe evidence, like a stain on a dress.
    Seems reasonable, though I'd remind you there is a camp that opposed his eventual confirmation for other reasons than a position on the singular consideration. AMR is in that camp and so am I.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  10. #98
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,813
    Thanks
    2,062
    Thanked 5,838 Times in 4,263 Posts

    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147731
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    It's called Motivated Thinking.
    There's "Can believe" and "Must believe".
    Kavenaughs detractors will settle for Can Believe. As long as they Can Believe he did something that's good enough for them to say he's unfit. Whereas his supporters will not wane unless they are confronted with Must Believe evidence, like a stain on a dress.


    Had to Google that - I assume you're referring to "motivated reasoning"

    I'm surprised I've never run across the concept before

  11. #99
    Over 5000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,389
    Thanks
    230
    Thanked 872 Times in 594 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    277753
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Seems reasonable, though I'd remind you there is a camp that opposed his eventual confirmation for other reasons than a position on the singular consideration. AMR is in that camp and so am I.
    Elections have consequences. At least he didn't nominate Giuliani or Ivanka.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  12. #100
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    20,256
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 7,780 Times in 4,504 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147823
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Elections have consequences.
    Off the quote, but true enough.

    Also unrelated, this election is peculiarly linked to the senate hearing. Trump was elected by fewer votes than were cast for his opponent and the senators voting the nomination out of committee represented fewer Americans than those voting against it.

    Doesn't alter the outcome, of course.

    At least he didn't nominate Giuliani or Ivanka.
    Or a Russian lawyer...so there's that.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  13. #101
    Over 5000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,389
    Thanks
    230
    Thanked 872 Times in 594 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    277753
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post


    Had to Google that - I assume you're referring to "motivated reasoning"

    I'm surprised I've never run across the concept before
    As George W Bush once said "We judge others by their worst example, and ourselves by our best intention."
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to fool For Your Post:

    ok doser (October 14th, 2018)

  15. #102
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    20,256
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 7,780 Times in 4,504 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147823
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    The report wasn't disclosed
    Then stop trying to suggest it did something you can't produce. And don't make, to be charitable, misleading statements on the point.

    I wrote that her testimony was credible.

    You responded with, "The FBI didn't think so but what do they know?"

    We both know that's not objectively true. It's contrary to what they actually do, which you know. And it's unsupported by any statement by any representative of the FBI.

    Even a Democrat agreed and voted to confirm Kavanaugh.
    He did. And a few republicans voted for Obama's two picks. I think four on the first and six on the second. The rest didn't. What's your point, that you're amazed a democrat

    If the FBI did find evidence that supported Ford's accusation then it is certain that would have been leaked by the Democrats.
    What evidence could that be?

    I'm not surprised that you are not aware of these thing since you prove over and over that you can't recognize the obvious.
    That's not true either, but at least you're being consistent.

    Speaking of saying a thing that isn't supportable but suits you:
    Do you always answer a question with a question?
    Always? Man. List three in this conversation. But the question I asked in that response contained the rebuttal, the inference that your question had no particular value.

    Here's why. The presumption of innocence in relation to a hearing is a legal presumption and the context for its application is a criminal trial.

    It doesn't exist and isn't applicable in a civil hearing. It doesn't exist and isn't applicable in a hearing on a nomination to the S. Ct.

    Someone could be asked a question with the potential for criminal and/or civil action, but that's true outside of a hearing. A reporter could ask a question and the answer might open the answering party for criminal or civil action.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  16. #103
    Over 5000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,389
    Thanks
    230
    Thanked 872 Times in 594 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    277753
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Off the quote, but true enough.

    Also unrelated, this election is peculiarly linked to the senate hearing. Trump was elected by fewer votes than were cast for his opponent and the senators voting the nomination out of committee represented fewer Americans than those voting against it.

    Doesn't alter the outcome, of course.
    The Senate. It's a thing that permeates every single thing in our society, Two votes per state no matter how big.

    Or a Russian lawyer...so there's that.
    If Trump bought Siberia from Putin I would not be surprised.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  17. #104
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    20,256
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 7,780 Times in 4,504 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147823
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    The Senate. It's a thing that permeates every single thing in our society, Two votes per state no matter how big.
    And I think it's a good idea, just noting that among the senators voting it to the floor, as with the presidency, the power rested with the minority of Americans.

    If Trump bought Siberia from Putin I would not be surprised.



    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    As George W Bush once said "We judge others by their worst example, and ourselves by our best intention."
    That's pretty good. I wonder who wrote it.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  18. #105
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,813
    Thanks
    2,062
    Thanked 5,838 Times in 4,263 Posts

    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147731
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    As George W Bush once said "We judge others by their worst example, and ourselves by our best intention."

    i suspect he wasn't that clear


    Good sentiments, otherwise

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us