User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 141

Thread: Democrats Destroying the Most Important Principles of Justice in the USA

  1. #76
    Over 5000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,389
    Thanks
    230
    Thanked 872 Times in 594 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    277753
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    Three weeks until we see how badly this backfires on the libtards
    There will be another round, a week or so before the election there will be a Tsunami of allegations against every Republican running.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  2. #77
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,813
    Thanks
    2,062
    Thanked 5,838 Times in 4,263 Posts

    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147731
    All of them accused by Ford of attempted rape at an indeterminate time and an indeterminate location?

  3. #78
    Over 5000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,389
    Thanks
    230
    Thanked 872 Times in 594 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    277753
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    All of them accused by Ford of attempted rape at an indeterminate time and an indeterminate location?
    They go for quantity over quality.
    None of the Moore accusers even claimed to have had sex with him much less been raped.
    They actually accused Kavenaugh of being in a train but I don't think anyone took that seriously.
    There's probably some people out there who think Kavenaugh ran a train on Ford because they conflate the different accusers and the media counts on that.
    Start small, like Ford with getting jumped and groped in a bedroom at a party. Then move quickly to exposing himself in college and top it off with running trains in high school. As soon as the wind comes out of the sails of one story get the next one out there, diminishing credibility is no problem as long as severity increases. The media consumers will lump it all together in their minds and say "How could they put a rapist on the Supreme Court?".

    Around a week and a half before election day, watch for accusations every two to three days against Candidates. I won't believe any of them unless there's DNA on a piece of clothing. And then I'll still question it because it came forward so late.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  4. #79
    Over 4000 post club WizardofOz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,942
    Thanks
    1,744
    Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,240 Posts

    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1332213
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    So with that what do you WizardofOz believe about Juanita Broaddrick?
    That Clinton is likely a sexual predator.
    “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

    ― Theodore Roosevelt

    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to WizardofOz For Your Post:

    ok doser (October 13th, 2018)

  6. #80
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    12,793
    Thanks
    1,246
    Thanked 8,573 Times in 5,605 Posts

    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147820
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Her friend actually said that she believes Ford. You need a better command of the facts.
    The fact is that her friend said that she doesn't even know Kavanaugh. But according to Ford it was just a small party so how could the friend not know Kavanaugh since he was supposed to be there?

    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Or, you could just say, "Sometimes a woman might or will lie about sexual assault." Sure. It has happened.
    So you admit that Ford could have been lying?

    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    We had a fairly prominent example of it not that long ago. It's the sort of exception that shouldn't be confused with the rule AND it's why I have said and continue to say that we shouldn't go into any non-judicial hearing assuming that anyone is telling the truth, that we should consider everything and reach an informed conclusion.
    So despite the fact that nothing Ford said could be confirmed and even contradicted by all those who were at the supposed party you reached an informed conclusion. It doesn't look to me like you considered everything but instead you ignored everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    I've spoken to memory. I've literally set out how you can be telling the plain truth, decades removed, and not have any number of things in your recollection that would be helpful to recall. I've noted prior that witnesses in close proximity to a traumatic event will get all sorts of things wrong. And to an extent, that's an argument for Ford's veracity, not against it.
    Whatever happened to what the Lord Jesus said here:

    "Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established" (Mt.18:15-16).

    Ford couldn't even remember where it happened and when it happened. She couldn't remember how she got there and couldn't remember how she got home. But she did remember that she only had one drink.
    Her best friend who was supposedly at the small party didn't even know that Kavanaugh was there or any of the other people Ford said were there.

    According to your strange ideas those things provide an argument that she was telling the truth.

    One flew over the cuckoo's nest!
    Last edited by Jerry Shugart; October 13th, 2018 at 01:38 PM.

  7. #81
    Over 5000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,389
    Thanks
    230
    Thanked 872 Times in 594 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    277753
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz View Post
    That Clinton is likely a sexual predator.
    Juanita seems to know when and where this happened.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to fool For Your Post:

    ok doser (October 13th, 2018)

  9. #82
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    5,150
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked 710 Times in 583 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Juanita seems to know when and where this happened.
    With Clinton you had three women, with rape experiences relatively fresh in their minds, and they could recall all the details, and they were not only dismissed but they were attacked by Mrs. Womens' Rights Crooked Hillary.

    With Ford you had one dimwit who could not remember a single thing from an alleged 30 year old incident, and the entire leftwing mob came to her defense.

    The hypocrisy is off the charts

  10. #83
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    20,256
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 7,780 Times in 4,504 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147823
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Juanita seems to know when and where this happened.
    What's your point?


    Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
    With Clinton you had three women, with rape experiences relatively fresh in their minds
    That's true.

    With Ford you had one dimwit who could not remember a single thing from an alleged 30 year old incident
    And that's not true.

    So, at least you're balanced in one sense.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  11. #84
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    20,256
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 7,780 Times in 4,504 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147823
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    The fact is that her friend said that she doesn't even know Kavanau
    The fact is you got your facts wrong and I corrected you. Just as you got my position wrong.

    But according to Ford it was just a small party so how could the friend not know Kavanaugh since he was supposed to be there?
    Easily. You go out on a double date with your girl and her best friend and the best friend's fellow. You don't know the fellow. You don't double again. Thirty years pass or more.

    So you admit that Ford could have been lying?
    I said at the outset that I found both parties testimony credible. Either one could be a liar. She could have an implanted memory and he could be telling the truth. She could be lying and he could be telling the truth. She could be telling the truth and he might not recall it. Or he could be lying.

    Now his other testimony undid the level field for me, but I didn't ultimately decide it on that point.

    So despite the fact that nothing Ford said could be confirmed
    How could it be? What I mean is you have a room with three people in it, allegedly. Two of those three are absolutely not going to corroborate it and no reasonable person would expect them to given they'd open themselves to civil and criminal liability if they did. A few other people were at the party, decades prior, lost among a similar sea of experiences with no particular reason to distinguish or even place it in their long term memory.

    I don't know what sort of confirmation would be possible. It was always going to be a he said/she said, with the onus then going to the testimony and demonstrable character in relation to the narratives.

    It's one reason my sea change on his nomination wasn't about either of their direct on the point.

    and even contradicted by all those who were at the supposed party
    Never happened. One person said he wasn't there and the others said they didn't remember.

    you reached an informed conclusion.
    I've repeatedly noted that my opinion of his fitness went, as it did with a few inclined to support him prior, to his demeanor and rhetoric, prepared in advance of its offering.

    It doesn't look to me like you considered everything but instead you ignored everything.
    But then, you've been shown to see things that weren't there, so I'm unsurprised.


    Whatever happened to what the Lord Jesus said here:
    "Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established" (Mt.18:15-16).
    Nothing happened to it. Is it your contention that that should be the end game in a sexual assault situation, assuming it happened as stated?


    Ford couldn't even remember where it happened and when it happened.
    That's what decades can do to a trauma. You pass through Iowa on a trip and one field is afire among a sea of fields. Decades pass. You may well recall the fire and little else. You may recall the mile marker but not the road, etc.

    I've spoken to this prior. You know that's not really helping you establish anything. Her testimony and memory is consistent with what you'd reasonably expect given the facts as related.

    She couldn't remember how she got there and couldn't remember how she got home.
    You can't appear to remember my direct answer on these points or her friends testimony in much closer proximity.

    Okay, one more time then. Decades ago I was hurt while skiing, because an inexperienced driver of the boat over throttled and nearly pulled my arms were damaged. I can recall the blue stripe along the side of that boat, the pain of the injury, a few people who were there. I can't tell you where it happened. I can't tell you whose boat it was, how I got there, or how I got home. That's just the mind for you and I have a comparatively exceptional memory.

    But she did remember that she only had one drink.
    Right. And I remember that stripe.

    Her best friend who was supposedly at the small party didn't even know that Kavanaugh was there or any of the other people Ford said were there.
    No, her best friend, who believes Ford, simply has no memory of a party that happened decades ago, and had no reason to.

    According to your strange ideas those things provide an argument that she was telling the truth.
    They aren't strange or my ideas. They're consistent with my experience of witness testimony, both near and far in terms of proximity to a traumatic event. They're also consistent with how scientists understand memory.

    Take Phillip Zolads, associate professor of psychology at Ohio Northern University, who studies the impact of stress on the mind, “What we can be sure of, the characteristics of her memories — what she’s reporting — are consistent with what we’ve seen in science.” Trumps Attacks...Mischaracterize How Memory Works, Experts Say, Time Magazine, 10/10/2018


    One flew over the cuckoo's nest!
    Like you'd pass a memory test on that one.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (October 13th, 2018)

  13. #85
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    12,793
    Thanks
    1,246
    Thanked 8,573 Times in 5,605 Posts

    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147820
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    I said at the outset that I found both parties testimony credible.
    Ford's testimony was credible if you can overlook the fact that there was exactly ZERO evidence to collaborate it.

    She forgot all the details about where and when it happened. She forgot how she got to the party and how she left. But she remembered that she only had one drink.

    If you can't see the ruse it is because you don't want to see the truth.

    Although Ford was accusing Cavanaugh of a crime he does not enjoy the presumption of innocence, according to your ideas.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

    CatholicCrusader (October 14th, 2018)

  15. #86
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    20,256
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 7,780 Times in 4,504 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147823
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Ford's testimony was credible if you can overlook the fact that there was exactly ZERO evidence to collaborate it.
    Her testimony is evidence. And it's credible evidence. It's just not sufficient to move a criminal charge.

    She forgot all the details about where and when it happened.
    No, she didn't. And I've spoken to her memory, cited to some authority. Her testimony was consistent with what it should be if she's telling the truth. It's just not enough for us to be certain that she is.


    She forgot how she got to the party and how she left. But she remembered that she only had one drink.
    It's literally like you aren't reading anything I write.

    I remember a blue stripe on a boat. I don't remember how I got there or how I got home. That's just how memory often works, especially over time.

    If you can't see the ruse it is because you don't want to see the truth.
    Change ruse to truth and you should be talking to yourself. I don't know the truth. Neither do you.

    Although Ford was accusing Cavanaugh of a crime he does not enjoy the presumption of innocence, according to your ideas.
    Why do you keep repeating what I've answered instead of responding to the answer?

    Declared by you prior and answered/explained in detail by me prior. Maybe the problem here is your memory.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (October 13th, 2018)

  17. #87
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    5,150
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked 710 Times in 583 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Ford's testimony was credible if you can overlook the fact that there was exactly ZERO evidence to collaborate it.

    She forgot all the details about where and when it happened. She forgot how she got to the party and how she left. But she remembered that she only had one drink.

    If you can't see the ruse it is because you don't want to see the truth.

    Although Ford was accusing Cavanaugh of a crime he does not enjoy the presumption of innocence, according to your ideas.
    "...If you can't see the ruse it is because you don't want to see the truth..."

    There it is. What makes an obviously intelligent person absolutely deny Truth. That is the frightening aspect of how intelligent people succumb to evil; they can justify gay marriage or abortion or any number of evil things.

  18. #88
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    5,150
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked 710 Times in 583 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    'We Are Not Civil': Vandals Smash Windows, Spray Paint Doors of NYC GOP Office

    http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/10/1...-are-not-civil

    On Thursday night, the New York City office for the state's Republican Party was vandalized, complete with a message threatening violence against the GOP.

    The Metropolitan Republican Club's windows were smashed, its locks were broken and its doors were spray painted with anarchy symbols.

    A note left behind at the building read that the attack was putting the Republican Party "on notice."

    "Our attack is merely a beginning. We are not passive, we are not civil, and we will not apologize," it stated.

  19. #89
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    12,793
    Thanks
    1,246
    Thanked 8,573 Times in 5,605 Posts

    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147820
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Her testimony is evidence. And it's credible evidence.
    The FBI didn't think so but what do they know?

    Do you deny that Ford accused Cavanaugh of a crime?

  20. #90
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    12,793
    Thanks
    1,246
    Thanked 8,573 Times in 5,605 Posts

    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147820
    Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
    "Our attack is merely a beginning. We are not passive, we are not civil, and we will not apologize," it stated.
    Following the lead of Hillary and many of the leaders of the Party of lawlessness!

    The same party who hates the Constitution of the USA because they actually have deluded themselves into believing that they know better than the Founders!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us