User Tag List

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 290

Thread: Are You Qualified to be the Executioner?

  1. #196
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    17,460
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 10,753 Times in 7,828 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147828
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    But in your view he should've never been given the nose-cleaning opportunity. Correct?
    It's called justice.

    Murderers should be executed.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (October 10th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 11th, 2018),ok doser (October 10th, 2018)

  3. #197
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    21,473
    Thanks
    2,275
    Thanked 6,393 Times in 4,762 Posts

    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147737
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    But in your view he should've never been given the nose-cleaning opportunity. Correct?
    In my view he should have paid the ultimate penalty for killing 2 year old James Patrick Bulger

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 11th, 2018)

  5. #198
    Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,076
    Thanks
    443
    Thanked 2,766 Times in 1,728 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    572161
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    It was indeed a proper application. The woman was found innocent due to lack of witnesses.
    Just to verify, your saying that because witnesses were not provided she was declared innocent? So the process cleared her? So if witnesses did come forward, Jesus would have said she was to be killed? Much appreciated!
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

  6. #199
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    17,460
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 10,753 Times in 7,828 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147828
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    If witnesses did come forward, Jesus would have said she was to be killed?
    No. There was more wrong with the prosecution than a lack of witnesses.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 11th, 2018)

  8. #200
    Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,076
    Thanks
    443
    Thanked 2,766 Times in 1,728 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    572161
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    No. There was more wrong with the prosecution than a lack of witnesses.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Ok, like what was wrong with the persecution other than they were in occupied Israel under roman authority which didn't allow adulters to be killed?
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

  9. #201
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    21,473
    Thanks
    2,275
    Thanked 6,393 Times in 4,762 Posts

    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147737
    She was never declared innocent

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (October 10th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 11th, 2018)

  11. #202
    Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,076
    Thanks
    443
    Thanked 2,766 Times in 1,728 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    572161
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    She was never declared innocent
    That's true. She was "caught in the act" Guilty as charged....but that wasn't the question posed to Jesus, for him to declare guilt or innocence.
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

  12. #203
    Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,076
    Thanks
    443
    Thanked 2,766 Times in 1,728 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    572161
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    She was never declared innocent
    Plus you need to tell Judge that...he used it the word innocent...
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

  13. #204
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    21,473
    Thanks
    2,275
    Thanked 6,393 Times in 4,762 Posts

    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147737
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    That's true. She was "caught in the act" Guilty as charged....but that wasn't the question posed to Jesus, for him to declare guilt or innocence.
    No, again


    John 8:4They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

    5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?


  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (October 10th, 2018),JudgeRightly (October 11th, 2018)

  15. #205
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    9,247
    Thanks
    1,333
    Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,105 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    501712
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    That's true. She was "caught in the act" Guilty as charged....but that wasn't the question posed to Jesus, for him to declare guilt or innocence.
    Jesus' answer to them was to tell them to do what the law said to do if they are willing to judge someone else for breaking the law.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  16. #206
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    21,473
    Thanks
    2,275
    Thanked 6,393 Times in 4,762 Posts

    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147737
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    Plus you need to tell Judge that...he used it the word innocent...
    Where?

    I'm on my handheld - can't search


    Getting better at pecking

  17. #207
    Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,076
    Thanks
    443
    Thanked 2,766 Times in 1,728 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    572161
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    No, again


    John 8:4They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

    5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
    Not sure what translation you are using...

    NKJV says

    3 Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, 4 they said to Him, “Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned. But what do You say?”
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

  18. #208
    Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,076
    Thanks
    443
    Thanked 2,766 Times in 1,728 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    572161
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    Where?

    I'm on my handheld - can't search


    Getting better at pecking


    I quoted him in my response.
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

  19. #209
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    21,473
    Thanks
    2,275
    Thanked 6,393 Times in 4,762 Posts

    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147737
    Mine was kjv

    But in both translations, they weren't asking him to declare her guilt or innocence - they had already assumed it

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 11th, 2018)

  21. #210
    Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,076
    Thanks
    443
    Thanked 2,766 Times in 1,728 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    572161
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    Money was kjv

    But in both translations, they weren't asking him to declare her guilt or innocence - they had already assumed it
    Um, gonna have to disagree on them assuming it..she was caught in the act......guilt she provided.
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us