User Tag List

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 265

Thread: What Kind Of Person Could "Execute" A Child?

  1. #91
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    17,162
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked 10,214 Times in 7,545 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147823
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    Meh, different topic.
    Babies being executed versus imaginary six-year-olds being "murdered."



    Presumably you would say that to execute a child would be murder.

    Certainly, it is a legal process that led to babies being executed.

    Sounds like you want there to be a significant difference. But goodness knows why.

    Those who are honest and capable of reading comprehension know fully well that my stance of anti-abortion doesn't allow for exclusions.
    Really? So a girl is raped and becomes pregnant with a Down's syndrome girl. Mother decides on execution. You're willing to call her decision wrong?

    Then again, my position has always been to support babies and children AFTER they are born as well. My bad.
    Tell the pro-aborts in this thread. They do not support babies before birth.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (September 26th, 2018),JudgeRightly (September 24th, 2018),ok doser (September 24th, 2018)

  3. #92
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,193
    Thanks
    1,828
    Thanked 5,126 Times in 3,824 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147723
    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    In accordance with Sharia law? If so, then he was executed at the end of a legal process whether we agree with that particular legal system or not.

    a rogue terrorist group claiming validity through their own interpretation of mooslim scripture and you call it "a legal process"??


    ok, we're done



    but on your own, go look at the OED's definition of "execution"

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (September 26th, 2018),JudgeRightly (September 24th, 2018)

  5. #93
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    5,088
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 811 Times in 561 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    307055
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    a rogue terrorist group claiming validity through their own interpretation of mooslim scripture and you call it "a legal process"??


    ok, we're done



    but on your own, go look at the OED's definition of "execution"
    Your interpretation of the Bible allows you to willingly kill a six year old child. Frankly, you don't sound any different than the rogue terrorists.
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

  6. #94
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,193
    Thanks
    1,828
    Thanked 5,126 Times in 3,824 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147723
    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    Your interpretation of the Bible allows you to willingly kill a six year old child. Frankly, you don't sound any different than the rogue terrorists.

    sorry, when I said "we're done" I thought you understood that I meant "I'm done discussing this with you because I forgot that you're autistic or retarded or something"


    bye

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (September 26th, 2018),JudgeRightly (September 24th, 2018),Stripe (September 24th, 2018)

  8. #95
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    5,088
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 811 Times in 561 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    307055
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    sorry, when I said "we're done" I thought you understood that I meant "I'm done discussing this with you because I forgot that you're autistic or retarded or something"


    bye
    I see. You find yourself in an untenable position created by your own interpretations and you choose to run away rather than discuss it.

    Oddly enough, I actually am quite impressed with your willingness to clearly state that you would execute a child. I think you are absolutely wrong but at least you are willing to stand up for what you believe.
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to CabinetMaker For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (September 25th, 2018)

  10. #96
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    5,088
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 811 Times in 561 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    307055
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post

    Really? So a girl is raped and becomes pregnant with a Down's syndrome girl. Mother decides on execution. You're willing to call her decision wrong?
    I will call your characterization of the mothers action wrong. A mother cannot decide to execute her baby. She can choose to have an abortion which we all agree is a form of murder. But the mother did not file charges against the fetus. The mother and fetus did not go to court. The fetus certainly didn't commit a capitol offense worthy of execution.

    Abortion is legal, not right and certainly not just, but it is legal. I think you are attempting to argue that since it is legal is an execution. You are wrong and you create a serious problem for your position bay equating the two terms. Once again: if you say that executions as punishments for capitol crimes are good and just and you call abortion an execution, you imply that abortion is legal and just. If abortion is murder then you imply that executions are also murder and therefore illegal and unjust. If you would stick to real definitions instead of sensationalizing every topic you touch through intentional use of incendiary language you might start to come across as a rational person.
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to CabinetMaker For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (September 25th, 2018)

  12. #97
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    6,990
    Thanks
    22,129
    Thanked 6,295 Times in 4,001 Posts

    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147597
    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    I will call your characterization of the mothers action wrong. A mother cannot decide to execute her baby.
    Sure she can. Mothers execute their babies all the time in our current society. In fact, in the last 30 seconds of you reading this response, there were about 40 executions of babies in their mothers' wombs.

    She can choose to have an abortion which we all agree is a form of murder.
    I wouldn't say "all", but at least you and I agree on this much.

    But the mother did not file charges
    Sure she did. She did when she made the claim of "this baby is an inconvenience for me," or "this baby is the result of rape," or "this baby is the result of incest," or "this baby was going to kill me," or "it's just a bit of tissue, and/or is part of my body, so I can do what I want."

    against the fetus baby.
    You called it a baby above, the least you could do is remain consistent.

    The mother and fetus baby did not go to court.
    One doesn't have to be in a courtroom to go to court.

    The fetus baby certainly didn't commit a capitol offense worthy of execution.
    Right, because the baby is innocent, and therefore any charges brought against the baby (see above) are not only false witnesses, but any action to end his or her life is murder.

    Abortion is legal, not right and certainly not just, but it is legal.
    Which just means that the law is corrupt, and should be abolished. Don't you think?

    I think you are attempting to argue that since it is legal is an execution. You are wrong and you create a serious problem for your position bay equating the two terms. Once again: if you say that executions as punishments for capitol crimes are good and just and you call abortion an execution, you imply that abortion is legal and just. If abortion is murder then you imply that executions are also murder and therefore illegal and unjust. If you would stick to real definitions instead of sensationalizing every topic you touch through intentional use of incendiary language you might start to come across as a rational person.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (September 26th, 2018)

  14. #98
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    5,088
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 811 Times in 561 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    307055
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Sure she can. Mothers execute their babies all the time in our current society. In fact, in the last 30 seconds of you reading this response, there were about 40 executions of babies in their mothers' wombs.
    Actually, when using proper definitions for "abortion" and "execution", not a single baby was executed. There were, however, a number of babies that were murdered in an abortion.



    I wouldn't say "all", but at least you and I agree on this much.



    Sure she did. She did when she made the claim of "this baby is an inconvenience for me," or "this baby is the result of rape," or "this baby is the result of incest," or "this baby was going to kill me," or "it's just a bit of tissue, and/or is part of my body, so I can do what I want."
    None of those are a legal charge under the law. Any law. They are what she is using to justify her actions. If you disagree please produce the penal code that lists:
    • Inconvenience of a child
    • Baby as a result of rape
    • Baby as a result of incest
    • Baby is a bit of tissue
    • or any other justification you choose to trot out

    Please show us one penal code that lists any of these as a criminal offense and I will concede your point. Otherwise you just look foolish and undermine your own argument in exactly the same way stripe dose.


    One doesn't have to be in a courtroom to go to court.
    Within the context of this conversation, yes, one must absolutly go to court to be sentenced to a legal execution under the law. When you don't go through the courts and you "execute" somebody then you are a murderer. Pretty simple concept.

    Right, because the baby is innocent, and therefore any charges brought against the baby (see above) are not only false witnesses, but any action to end his or her life is murder.
    Still waiting for a penal code that lists criminal charges a fetus (which is a baby that is still within the mothers womb) could possibly be guilty of.

    Which just means that the law is corrupt, and should be abolished. Don't you think?
    Yes, abortion as a form of birth control should absolutely be illegal.
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

  15. #99
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,193
    Thanks
    1,828
    Thanked 5,126 Times in 3,824 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147723
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    sorry, when I said "we're done" I thought you understood that I meant "I'm done discussing this with you because I forgot that you're autistic or retarded or something"


    bye
    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    I see. You find yourself in an untenable position created by your own interpretations and you choose to run away rather than discuss it.

    nope

    not even close

    about what i'd expect though, because of the reasons listed above

    bye again!

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (September 26th, 2018),JudgeRightly (September 25th, 2018)

  17. #100
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,193
    Thanks
    1,828
    Thanked 5,126 Times in 3,824 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147723
    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    I will call your characterization of the mothers action wrong. A mother cannot decide to execute her baby. She can choose to have an abortion which we all agree is a form of murder. But the mother did not file charges against the fetus. The mother and fetus did not go to court. The fetus certainly didn't commit a capitol offense worthy of execution.

    Abortion is legal, not right and certainly not just, but it is legal. I think you are attempting to argue that since it is legal is an execution. You are wrong and you create a serious problem for your position bay equating the two terms. Once again: if you say that executions as punishments for capitol crimes are good and just and you call abortion an execution, you imply that abortion is legal and just. If abortion is murder then you imply that executions are also murder and therefore illegal and unjust. If you would stick to real definitions instead of sensationalizing every topic you touch through intentional use of incendiary language you might start to come across as a rational person.
    ASD?

    OCD?

    other?

    both?

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (September 26th, 2018)

  19. #101
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    14,705
    Thanks
    8,900
    Thanked 7,005 Times in 4,651 Posts

    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147747
    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    I see. You find yourself in an untenable position created by your own interpretations and you choose to run away rather than discuss it.

    Oddly enough, I actually am quite impressed with your willingness to clearly state that you would execute a child. I think you are absolutely wrong but at least you are willing to stand up for what you believe.
    He's trolling again, which you'll notice when you're back online. Just can't help himself.
    Well this is fun isn't it?


  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

    CabinetMaker (September 26th, 2018)

  21. #102
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,193
    Thanks
    1,828
    Thanked 5,126 Times in 3,824 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147723
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    He's trolling again, which you'll notice when you're back online. Just can't help himself.
    ignore

    you're not doing it right

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (September 26th, 2018)

  23. #103
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,193
    Thanks
    1,828
    Thanked 5,126 Times in 3,824 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147723
    You feel up to addressing Thompson and Venable?

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (September 26th, 2018),JudgeRightly (September 25th, 2018),way 2 go (September 25th, 2018)

  25. #104
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,193
    Thanks
    1,828
    Thanked 5,126 Times in 3,824 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147723
    I understand - it's easier for you to discuss a hypothetical six year old than a real case, with real ten year old murderers and a real two year old innocent victim

  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (September 26th, 2018),JudgeRightly (September 25th, 2018),Right Divider (September 26th, 2018),way 2 go (September 25th, 2018)

  27. #105
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    5,088
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 811 Times in 561 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    307055
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    ASD?

    OCD?

    other?
    Other. Logic. I took the idea of execution = abortion to its logical conclusion.
    both?
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us